Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

What rating would you give FIFA18 at this stage, and why?

Comments

  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    4
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Seems the forumers who brown nose EA can’t take an overwhelming negative rating of their game quite cute to see.

    I never ever brown nose EA.
    So..... not sure where you got that bs from.

    People are just exaggerating though.
    It is never only a 1 or 2.
    Why not? People think this game is **** and that’s up to them

    Because it clearly isn’t 1 or 2

    If it didn’t work at all. Couldn’t play a game. It wouldn’t even load. That would be a 1

    Ronaldo not being out doesn’t make it the worst game ever.
    In the OP it says 1 being the worst Fifa, if someone thinks it’s the worst then it’s up to them
  • Sanchezzzz
    4333 posts National Call-Up
    2
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Seems the forumers who brown nose EA can’t take an overwhelming negative rating of their game quite cute to see.

    Quite cute to see you moaning about it day after day but still playing.

    Aww bless you thinking I play it day after day @WFCBagnall please educate this delusional fool.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    7
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Seems the forumers who brown nose EA can’t take an overwhelming negative rating of their game quite cute to see.

    Quite cute to see you moaning about it day after day but still playing.

    Aww bless you thinking I play it day after day @WFCBagnall please educate this delusional fool.

    Try reading what I said.
  • Sanchezzzz
    4333 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2018
    2
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Seems the forumers who brown nose EA can’t take an overwhelming negative rating of their game quite cute to see.

    Quite cute to see you moaning about it day after day but still playing.

    Aww bless you thinking I play it day after day @WFCBagnall please educate this delusional fool.

    Try reading what I said.

    Try understanding that I don’t play.
  • Andyh60
    698 posts An Exciting Prospect
    8
    Clearly Ultimate team the best it has been but yes I think it would be impossible to give this game a 10.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7155 posts League Winner
    6
    Decent game, brought in SBs which is easier for me having to pause etc.
    Stale in a sense that they’ve, for the majority, copied last years sbcs etc and added nothing extra. We should be at a point where there’s almost daily content instead of repeating stuff. Like the scream sbc repeated
  • Arsenalfan97
    7923 posts League Winner
    5
    More baffling than the 1s are the 2 9s lol wth
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    edited February 2018
    5
    I have spent a lot of time playing it. So can’t give it lower than 5. This thread summarise my feeling towards it. My biggest grief is how they handled primes. It’s a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ from EA.

    They should have released them all in packs from day 1 and then had a gradual release of primes. Prime Ronaldo coming in May.. it’s a joke.

    Prime Ronaldinho has kept my interest, but it’s fading.

    Squad Battles is a good format. They should have the same schedule for WL, so it’s not a select group that can participate in it.
  • Hoopsterz
    2081 posts Fans' Favourite
    3
    My least enjoyed fifa - Not sure why.. whether its the rubbish same teams 8/10 games or whether its Begovic being better than Yashin or it may even be that I've seen prime shearer lose a header to NIF Kante.

    Basically the game is made for people to abuse which is a game i find hard to enjoy playing.
  • Keano
    15314 posts World Class
    4
    It's not bad, it's just stale. This year they added squad battes which is good for offline play, but WL (where most people want to play an online game mode... online) hasn't been retouched, or the rewards changed at all. Playing that many games has burnt people out & this year it's the same thing for the same reward.

    Don't believe it's the worst fifa or anything like that, but apart from squad battles (which gets stale if you play fifa consistently like the majority who play Wl, SB, DKT etc...) there's nothing really new to draw you into playing. Prime Icons were a big thing, but a fai few of the most wanted ones arn't even out yet... (they haven't learnt from fifa 15).
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    5
    Some tikes I like it, some times I hate it.
  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2018
    5
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    7
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.
  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    5
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    7
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23716 posts Club Captain
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    Helps with market inflation
  • krakos000
    17576 posts World Class
    Benn wrote: »
    Only FIFA I've ever stopped playing completely, just not a fun game anymore

    Same. No interest in it anymore and probably won't even get 19.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    2087 posts Fans' Favourite
    6
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    This, getting rid of tax would have a huge effect on the market.
  • Dan is Clutch
    26833 posts Player of the Year
    1 - The Worst
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    Damn. Who told you my trading method?
  • RBailss
    13119 posts Has That Special Something
    7
    Actually quite like the gameplay this year (probably in the minority) just wish they'd done a WL revamp.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    7
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    Damn. Who told you my trading method?

    D-pad got stuck trying to make it 1,100,000
  • Dan is Clutch
    26833 posts Player of the Year
    1 - The Worst
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    Damn. Who told you my trading method?

    D-pad got stuck trying to make it 1,100,000

    Man knows.
  • Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    5
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    This, getting rid of tax would have a huge effect on the market.
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    SBC's already do a very good job of destabilising the market and at the same time removing coins from the market.
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    1 - The Worst
    Without tackle rebounds,bad gks,op low driven shots and unreliable servers i could give 9.
  • TomOTW
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    This, getting rid of tax would have a huge effect on the market.
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Could be so much better.

    1. Chemistry needs a major overhaul
    2. Menu and in game lag needs addressing
    3. No loss glitch
    4. Release schedule for Icons is just wrong....
    5. 5% transfer tax needs abolishing, was brought in when players didn't have price ranges, they do now so no longer needed IMO
    6. Lower the ratings on all cards by at least 2
    7. Silver and Bronze only seasons and cups
    8. Make the weekend league last over Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday and a ladder system
    9. DKO only for those that have not qualified
    10. Bring back Gold Cup

    Tax has to stay.

    Why? The players sale value is controlled by their price ranges.

    It has nothing to do with price ranges. Tax is essential in keeping the market stable.

    Otherwise someone will buy Ronaldo for 1,000,000 and sell for 1,000,100

    SBC's already do a very good job of destabilising the market and at the same time removing coins from the market.

    SBCs have arguably held the market together better than ever.
    Getting rid of coins is essential, otherwise all OP players and high rated would just sit at max.
  • Mattysb1
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Not the worst, definitely not the best.

    Huge potential that was squandered.

  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
    7
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    SebCFC123 wrote: »
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »
    Seems the forumers who brown nose EA can’t take an overwhelming negative rating of their game quite cute to see.

    I never ever brown nose EA.
    So..... not sure where you got that bs from.

    People are just exaggerating though.
    It is never only a 1 or 2.
    Why not? People think this game is **** and that’s up to them

    Because it clearly isn’t 1 or 2

    If it didn’t work at all. Couldn’t play a game. It wouldn’t even load. That would be a 1

    Ronaldo not being out doesn’t make it the worst game ever.
    In the OP it says 1 being the worst Fifa, if someone thinks it’s the worst then it’s up to them

    FIFA 98 RTWC aside, all FIFAs before 2003 are actually awful. This is so much better than those editions!!
    This FIFA is much better than any of the last 3 FIFAs. At least you can defend against the sweaty trash in this FIFA.

    In comparison to other FIFAs I give it a 9.
    It is the best FIFA imho, but it still has issues that seriously need addressing.
  • RebelRob
    5958 posts Big Money Move
    5
    Middle of the road for me. It's not great, but it's alright.

    So much potential wasted though, the beta was really good and felt a lot better than this currently plays IMO.

  • Henstock
    2749 posts Fans' Favourite
    10 - The Best
    Best game so far by miles, very poorly managed and could’ve have been organised a lot better but still by far the best FIFA to date in my opinion
  • LeonidasJB
    15031 posts World Class
    7
    Henstock wrote: »
    Best game so far by miles, very poorly managed and could’ve have been organised a lot better but still by far the best FIFA to date in my opinion

    I agree.
    Best FIFA yet.
    It has issues, and it could have been even better, but compared to previous renditions it is definitely the best.
Sign In or Register to comment.