Is FUTChamps/WL real E-SPORT?

Like the title, I have seen many E-SPORT games, and they all have 1 thing in common, and that is,

Everyone has access to the same characters/players/items etc.

On Fifa FUT 18, I can understand that outside of futchamps/WL mode, you have to play with the team you earned thru trading, playing or FP.

But in FUTChamps/Weekend League(EA FIFA's E-Sport mode) , everyone should have access to the same players, else you can't really name it a Competitive E-SPORT, or am I wrong in that?.

Its not fair if 2 the same users on the same skill/play level, userA having a team of the very best and highest rated players(Toty /icons,) ,
and userB has to use lower rated players(maybe not enough coins for a mega team).

I myself would like to see a change to this, FUTCHAMPS and WL should allow everyone to use the same players, else this is kinda pay2win, just imagine someone being very good at this game and he spend shitloads of cash until he has enough coins to buy a icon/toty mega team, to get an advantage.

Its just not fair, I can understand that outside of the CompetitiveE-SPORT mode, you should have to do with your own team, but in FUTChamps /WL, everyone should have access to the same players, how else can you test who is really better then?.

Ferrari vs Opel Kadet's is not a real test of skill, Sry to say.

Comments

• Dragond81
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    I know also that at regionals everyone invited can use and have access to any player in the game, but that's to late!!!

There might be people there that did not deserve to be there in the first place, from start of WL to qualifying, to regionals, finals, every should have access to the same players,

as I bet there would be even forumers here who would beat some of those top100 guys, if they had access to the very best players in the game or the same.

So if you want to a advantage, you should build coins as fast as possible or spend SHITLOADS of cash for FP, so you can get a mega team in time for the qualifying months, smells like pay2win to me if someone who is already very good at the game does this, and heck some of those youtubers who spend 10.000's cash if not more, no **** they get top 100(with the exception of a few freak of nature players)
  • Anyone played PESLeague here?, that seems alot better put together then futchamps structure.

You actually have to progress on there and play vs your own skill lvl, and progress and IMProve from there.

Why can't futchamps have a ladder system like this, so you actually have to progress, and play against ppl on your lvl, instead of this random matchmaking which is very unclear what the criteria are to get matches with other users, it cant be ELO, else i would not get matchup with players way beyond my skill lvl, seems wl/futchamps matchmaking is random or broken.
  • Goldenbowles
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There is no match making on WL?You will only win games EA want you to win!
    We all play games when you know full well your not really in control of the result, when your players do things your not asking them to do?
    We have all scored goals that you think, I didn’t mean to do that !!
    I have played 12 games this weekend so far and had 2 wins. I have an 85 rated side and 3 prime icons who just don’t perform!!
    It didn’t really matter what players you have if you are never really in control of them ?
  • Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2018
    Dude it's 2018 already and you should know that EA built this system for getting as much cash as possible rather than fairness of competition. If it's not pay2win then EA would gain much less cash. It's not hard to understand.
  • Goldenbowles
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve spent a fair amount of money and still my players do random sh/t whenever they like, fail to shoot, tackle, run fast or head the ball? Didn’t think you would have to pay for those privileges??
  • FIFa imporves every year despite what people say, but the nature of the game is impossible to balance to make it a true esport.

NBA2K is going the route of 5 on 5, if FIFA would would a 7 aside game mode where top pros actually had to build a team together , that would be a better esport

Also the best esports seem to be the ones that have teams as opposed to individuals.

• Beta
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pro club is the mode to go but EA needs to make micro transactions happen, so they can get more money and more motivated to improve this mode.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    malagacity wrote: »
    FIFa imporves every year despite what people say, but the nature of the game is impossible to balance to make it a true esport.

NBA2K is going the route of 5 on 5, if FIFA would would a 7 aside game mode where top pros actually had to build a team together , that would be a better esport

Also the best esports seem to be the ones that have teams as opposed to individuals.

• I’m a football fan for 22 years and I’ve been playing fifa since fifa 98 and it’s a shame to see that the WL has gone to the dogs it’s not football at all! It’s about who has the fastest highest rated players and player making unrealistic throw balls that defenders and top CDMs would stop in real life. Football is tactical and suppose to be fun not put overpowered fast players on the field and get in behind while pressing the back line any top defense would switch to suit! Cmon EA work this **** out !!
  • The only mode I enjoy playing now is Seasons...and as Burnley! Still matches me up against the likes of AC Milan and Galatasaray who have stupidly quick players but all in all I can remain competitive in most games; and the games tend to play out like proper football matches with a mix of attacks used rather than just through the middle tic-a-taca like you see the youtubers play in FUT champs. You still get the end of game scripting when there is only a goal or so between you come 80 mins but no where near as bad as FUT.