Gym & Fitness Discussion

Its Jamie
6 posts
edited October 2015
A thread where people who go to the gym and like to keep fit can discuss their progress or any tips or just anything! No haters!
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Eddieww
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • Antparry92
    18088 posts World Class
    Hating this new forum lay out...Other one was much easier to navigate around and user friendly. Did like the gym section on the old forum though
  • Samuel Eto'o
    19344 posts World Class
    6 reps with 38 kg free weights in incline bench press today B)
  • 6 reps with 38 kg free weights in incline bench press today B)
    Damn bro that's good
  • gracjan17
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Anyone here have any experience with a keto diet? Thinking about doing it do get down to about 8/9% bf, currently at around 14%. Heard its really effective for preserving muscle mass whilst being on a calorie deficit.
  • Anybody know what the best at home lower abs and pectoral exercises are, only have a set of weights to play with
  • Cruz
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    I go to the gym, not as much as I would like. It's a great feeling getting a hardcore pump on
  • Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Cruz wrote: »
    I go to the gym, not as much as I would like. It's a great feeling getting a hardcore pump on
    A big gambler and a gym lad :* If I was that way inclined Id rag you ;)

Really need to build my legs up loool. They're toned to **** but can't seem to grow em for the life of me
  • Cruz
    Jack wrote: »

Really need to build my legs up loool. They're toned to **** but can't seem to grow em for the life of me
    :D we have much in common <3

Followed you on twatter btw
  • Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up

• Cruz
    edited April 2015

PAC

Don't use it much tbh, been on abit last couple days just reading about the racing and some other stuff
  • FifaCity16
    711 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Bulking season is ending :( I gained 15 pounds during this bulk. I made all types of gains! B) How much weight have you guys gained?
  • AeB 18
    613 posts Sunday League Hero
    FifaCity16 wrote: »
    Bulking season is ending :( I gained 15 pounds during this bulk. I made all types of gains! B) How much weight have you guys gained?

I don't like bulking, I like being lean. I always get carried away and get fat. That said I've gained 5 pounds of mostly lean muscle so far this semester
  • FifaCity16
    AeB 18 wrote: »

I don't like bulking, I like being lean. I always get carried away and get fat. That said I've gained 5 pounds of mostly lean muscle so far this semester
    I know what you mean man. Last year i was scared to bulk up and get fat so i stuck to a lean bulk. I made a decent amount of progress. But this year i lost like 15 pounds of all my muscle after my tonsil surgery :( so i decided to go on a bulk. I've seen really good results . If you do decide to go on a bulk, my advice to you is to get down to a low body fat before you bulk and to only gains 0.5 - 0.8 pounds per week in order to minimize fat gain.
  • AeB 18

I know what you mean man. Last year i was scared to bulk up and get fat so i stuck to a lean bulk. I made a decent amount of progress. But this year i lost like 15 pounds of all my muscle after my tonsil surgery :( so i decided to go on a bulk. I've seen really good results . If you do decide to go on a bulk, my advice to you is to get down to a low body fat before you bulk and to only gains 0.5 - 0.8 pounds per week in order to minimize fat gain.

Yeah I was a fat kid growing up and it's something I never, ever, ever want to live through again.

What's your routine in the gym looking like?
  • FifaCity16

Yeah I was a fat kid growing up and it's something I never, ever, ever want to live through again.

I've been lean all my life because of soccer but i understand why you wouldn't want to bulk up. And do you mean my current workout split? Or specific exercises i do?
  • AeB 18

I've been lean all my life because of soccer but i understand why you wouldn't want to bulk up. And do you mean my current workout split? Or specific exercises i do?

both really

• FifaCity16
    edited April 2015

both really

Well my workout split goes as follows: Upper Body, Lower body, rest, Upper Body, Lower body, and i rest on the weekends. Some of the main exercises i always incorporate to my routine are Bench press, Squats, Military Press, Overhead Tricep extension, Concentration Curls, and Pull ups
  • Chinny
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was 183lb in January. I'm 170 as of this morning now. Want to get to 165 and then start gaining muscle. Hopefully I can be in great shape for summer.
  • FifaCity16
    Chinny wrote: »
    I was 183lb in January. I'm 170 as of this morning now. Want to get to 165 and then start gaining muscle. Hopefully I can be in great shape for summer.

Good progress man! And make sure to not lose weight to rapidly when cutting otherwise you'll lose a lot of muscle, that happened to a bud of mine.
  • Chinny
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chinny wrote: »

Good progress man! And make sure to not lose weight to rapidly when cutting otherwise you'll lose a lot of muscle, that happened to a bud of mine.
    thanks.
    and yeah i know. 13 ish pounds in 3 months is 'slow' enough I think.
  • Antparry92
    18088 posts World Class
    Any running apps or tips? Just started back after 8 months out from operations and need every little help as I'm the most unfit I've ever been
  • FifaCity16
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Any running apps or tips? Just started back after 8 months out from operations and need every little help as I'm the most unfit I've ever been
    Repition is key man. After my surgery i lost like 15 pounds and i couldnt run a block without gasping for air. But everyday i would go out and sprint until failure basically. Eventually you'll build up your conditioning.And if your feeling unmotivated try listening to some music to get a good pump. Good luck!
  • Antparry92
    18088 posts World Class
    I've got endomondo as a tracker but was just wondering if there was any other apps to mess about with. Was actually quite fit before the operation as I was playing amateur football for Wales :)
    Just looked on my endomondo app and there's a few runs last July where I was doing 5.5 miles in 40 minutes which was good going for me seeing as I rarely ran,mainly weights in the gym and running work was done in football.

I can't run without music. So that's something I've always done
  • Shaanxz
    20720 posts Club Captain
    I've got endomondo as a tracker but was just wondering if there was any other apps to mess about with. Was actually quite fit before the operation as I was playing amateur football for Wales :)
    Just looked on my endomondo app and there's a few runs last July where I was doing 5.5 miles in 40 minutes which was good going for me seeing as I rarely ran,mainly weights in the gym and running work was done in football.

Runtastic

• Gamerking17
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero

No idea, a kg or 2 at most. Been going since beginning of Feb but I was ill all last week so probably lost a lot of what I gained

Onwards and upwards. I'm currently somewhere between 54 and 58kg, so probably about 56kg and want to try and hit 60kg and go from there
  • FifaCity16

No idea, a kg or 2 at most. Been going since beginning of Feb but I was ill all last week so probably lost a lot of what I gained

Onwards and upwards. I'm currently somewhere between 54 and 58kg, so probably about 56kg and want to try and hit 60kg and go from there

Ive been going at since November. Im try to get to 75 kg by the end of this bulk and then ill start cutting
  • Gamerking17
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero

Ive been going at since November. Im try to get to 75 kg by the end of this bulk and then ill start cutting
    I've no need to cut at all, my bf is about 8% :s

I need to gain weight though, just under 6ft and I weigh ~56kg. To be honest I am new to the gym/gaining weight but I am finding it difficult.
  • Antparry92
    18088 posts World Class

I've no need to cut at all, my bf is about 8% :s

I need to gain weight though, just under 6ft and I weigh ~56kg. To be honest I am new to the gym/gaining weight but I am finding it difficult.
    Jesus Christ that's ridiculous. Clearly undereating (despite you thinking you may not be). Wish I had that problem. I'm at 76kg at the moment after eating crap and not going to the gym regularly after the operation at 5ft8. Ideally I sit at around 72-73kg when I'm in good shape