XBOX CC TV TALK

Comments

• Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2018
    Got done watching the new black mirror season and the punisher recently.

Thought black mirror was entertaining but not as good as some of the previous seasons. Enjoyed USS Callister most. - 8/10

The punisher was awesome and brutal. Solid cast and I was invested in the characters. - 9/10
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

Hoping for some more character depth, and more twists of course.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    @Fab what did you think of Mr Robot season 3??
    I liked the fact that it kind of ended on a positive note. It felt as if it all came together for the finale which was a nice change from the s2 finale. Enjoyed this season.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    Oh & Its Always Sunny watchers, does everyone know the full meaning behind the Pepe Silvia scene? If not, google it. That show is the fucking GOAT.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    SF9 wrote: »
    @Fab what did you think of Mr Robot season 3??
    I liked the fact that it kind of ended on a positive note. It felt as if it all came together for the finale which was a nice change from the s2 finale. Enjoyed this season.

Top 5 seasons of all time for me. Season 1 was great and season 2 was good but it never really gripped me. But this? This was peak television and there is honestly no denying it if you ask me. Very happy with it and curious to see where it will go, especially after the ep10 post credits scene.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone watching Altered Carbon - new on Netflix? Has Joel Kinnaman in (from The Killing)

Half way into Ep 1 ... interesting so far.
  • PJazz
    2198 posts Fans' Favourite
    Anyone watching Altered Carbon - new on Netflix? Has Joel Kinnaman in (from The Killing)

I'll watch it today! it looks like a really cool TV Show! I'm watching the first epi. of Damnation now :)
  • Argie8
    5596 posts Big Money Move

So hyped man. Absolutely loved the first season
  • VanBasten12
    PJazz wrote: »

I'll watch it today! it looks like a really cool TV Show! I'm watching the first epi. of Damnation now :)

Finished just the one episode last night. Definitely not going to be a 'watch on the side' show.
  • VanBasten12
    Worked through 5 episodes of Altered Carbon today. Very interesting.

One thing though - didn't think Netflix would go all out 'Starz'/'HBO' mode ... :open_mouth:
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class
    Worked through 5 episodes of Altered Carbon today. Very interesting.

One thing though - didn't think Netflix would go all out 'Starz'/'HBO' mode ... :open_mouth:

They have to. All networks trying to launch their own streaming services, pulling their shows from Netflix. They have to start pumping out classic shows like HBO if they wanna keep their profits up. Think we'll see some more big budget shows from them soon.
  • VanBasten12
    Finished Altered Carbon ... 9.5/10.

Fantastic story! Told incredibly well too. Reading that the adaptation from the novel was pretty good too.

Joel Kinnaman is excellent. Gritty portrayal in The Killing is once again spot on in this one. All round the actors are appropriate to their characters.

Seem that "Blade Runner-esque" is the consensus with this. Can't disagree.
  • PJazz
    Shane wrote: »
    Got done watching the new black mirror season and the punisher recently.

Thought black mirror was entertaining but not as good as some of the previous seasons. Enjoyed USS Callister most. - 8/10

The punisher was awesome and brutal. Solid cast and I was invested in the characters. - 9/10

Yes! The Punisher was amazing! Hoping for Season 2 ;) Attaboy!!
  • PJazz
    @Hitman_Hatton Damnation is a great show m8! season 1 is available on Netflix ;)
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Just watched Westworld e1. Seems like an amazing concept and the pilot episode definitely convinced me to continue watching.
  • Argie8
    Santiago wrote: »
    Just watched Westworld e1. Seems like an amazing concept and the pilot episode definitely convinced me to continue watching.

it gets so much better man
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Rewatching Happy!, those that have seen it can't say enough good things about it, highly recommended, and looking forward to S3 of Ash vs Evil Dead.

Also really enjoying The Goldbergs, reminds me a lot of The Wonder Years that I loved as a kid.
  • VanBasten12
    Rewatching Happy!, those that have seen it can't say enough good things about it, highly recommended, and looking forward to S3 of Ash vs Evil Dead.

Also really enjoying The Goldbergs, reminds me a lot of The Wonder Years that I loved as a kid.

Ah ... that was some series! So nostalgic.
  • Santiago
    21486 posts Club Captain
    Starting the finale of Westworld now. Hopefully it is a good one.
  • VanBasten12
    See that Homeland has started up again (S7).

Certainly a series that has had some lows, but has also had some incredibly tense and powerful scenes/episodes to date.
  • VanBasten12
    Finished the last episode of McMafia. Enjoyed it, must say. Not predictable at all!
  • BrentfordFC
    11455 posts Has That Special Something
    Rewatching weeds on Netflix. Such a good series.
  • DaftPunk
    1059 posts Professional
    Hard Sun is worth a look if you like things like Luther, Line of Duty etc.

• Argie8
    See that Homeland has started up again (S7).

Certainly a series that has had some lows, but has also had some incredibly tense and powerful scenes/episodes to date.

I've still enjoyed every season, minus maybe season 3. Loved season 1, 4 and 5.
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Caught up with Arrow. Really enjoyed episode 13 but not sure about the ending.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31348 posts National Team Captain
    Rewatching weeds on Netflix. Such a good series.

Really? I started watching it a few months ago, got to the season where her and the mayor or whatever from Mexico get shot at in a restaurant and stopped watching. It just got boring imo after like a first 2 seasons or so
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31348 posts National Team Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Caught up with Arrow. Really enjoyed episode 13 but not sure about the ending.

Still need to catch up from the crossover. Just set an alarm to put the episodes on my phone to watch this week.