Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    Rhodesia wrote: »
    Again? He's never finished 6th before. That was Mourinho and United last season.

Fair enough. I legitimately forgot they were 5th.

Point was outside top 4 though, so you get what I meant.
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
    arsenal fans are same every season, want him sacked, gets few good results and he is fine again until the next inevitable collapse

they will never move forward aslong as wenger is there, tbf its the board keeping him on more than anything.
  • The one excuse Wenger had was spending and now even that has gone flying out the window.

Somehow he turned one of the most lethal strikers in europe with 50M Laca in to the new David N'gog.
  • I had enough of wenger 5 years ago. We won couple of tin-pot trophies and a few good signings and everyone thinks that he is messiah. Please GTFO Ancelloti IN!
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class
    edited February 2018
    I had enough of wenger 5 years ago. We won couple of tin-pot trophies and a few good signings and everyone thinks that he is messiah. Please GTFO Ancelloti IN!

Carlo isn't a good fit for you. He's excellent at keeping a club going on autopilot: takes training, doesn't ruffle any feathers, and names solid teams.

You need someone to rebuild your club. I'd honestly be all over Tuchel or Conte in the summer if I were you guys. (Tuchel may not be an option though because he fell out with your de-facto Director of Football Sven Mislintat iirc)
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I think Rafa would be the best fit, he builds from the back with a solid spine, somthing Arsenal haven't had for a very long time. I can see him also knowing how to get the best out of the likes of Laca and Aubemeyang. Furthermore he is very used to working with restrictions but is not afraid to challenge the board.

Gerrard said the man can be cold as ice which only makes you want to peform better in order earn his approval. I think everyone can agree that the players at Arsenal have it way to comfy.
  • ArsenalFever
    748 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2018
    I think Rafa would be the best fit, he builds from the back with a solid spine, somthing Arsenal haven't had for a very long time. I can see him also knowing how to get the best out of the likes of Laca and Aubemeyang. Furthermore he is very used to working with restrictions but is not afraid to challenge the board.

Gerrard said the man can be cold as ice which only makes you want to peform better in order earn his approval. I think everyone can agree that the players at Arsenal have it way to comfy.

100% agree with this quote and 150% agree with the bolded words. it’s not ONLY the Club it self but also the F’ing football fans... we should be having competition for each position on that pitch. See’ing people on Twitter and social media saying “feel bad for lacazzette, ohhh poor lacazzette” they need to **** off cause that’s how a top club operates with competition! We need to have a new RB to compete with Bellerin cause he is too comfy, NEW CDM Xhaka is too comfy, New LM/LW Iwobi is too comfy, New GK Cech is too comfy. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST new manager.
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    Welbeck up front in the Europa league then
  • SDoofus
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    That really came out of nowhere, wtf.
  • G000ner
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    would explain his recent performances if he was playing through injury
  • SDoofus
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    :D
  • finsfan85
    12390 posts Has That Special Something
    G000ner wrote: »
    would explain his recent performances if he was playing through injury

Still should have finished that clear opportunity
  • G000ner
    he'll be back by the quarter finals if we get there. it's an embarrassment if we don't beat Ostersund, then we just have to hope we get a good round of 16 draw.
  • iWilshere_19
    2009 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have a bit of faith guys Welbeck is alright on his day and he should fancy his chances against this lot
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Hope we give youth a chance later, would like to see Nketiah start but I doubt he will. Squad will probably be incredibly average tonight, we need more squad depth in the summer.

We should target a GK,Cb,Cdm & a winger at the very least. Plenty of options available in each position:

Gk- Oblak, Allison, Horn, Lafont & Butland
    Cb- De Vrij, Manolas, Gimenez, Koulibaly, Diallo, Evans (cheap alternative if West Brom get relegated.
    A couple of English cb’s I really like are Lascelles & Mawson.
    Cdm/cm - Fabinho, Zakaria, Torreira, Doucoure, Ndidi, Rabiot, Özyakup & Meyer.
    Wingers- Lemar, Mahrez, Malcom, Bailey, Pavón & Insigne
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    No reason why it shouldn't be Evans plus one other if you can get him on the cheap.

Would allow Holding and Chambers to go out on loan.
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner
    Arsenal 0-4 Östersunds ?
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    No reason why it shouldn't be Evans plus one other if you can get him on the cheap.

Would allow Holding and Chambers to go out on loan.
    Wouldn’t be oppposed to that. We have Holding, Chambers and Mavropanos who has supposedly impressed so far. We should sell one, loan the other and keep one. I rate Chambers but he’s getting to an age where he needs to play week in, week out and we’d get the most money for him. Apparently Burnley might be in for Holding so I guess we'll see.

Either way I think Oblak, Koulibaly, Fabinho and Bailey would be the best signings we could make in each area. If we got one of those I would be ecstatic.

Still need to try and sell Welbeck, Elneny, Lucas Perez, Ospina, Joel Campbell, one of Holding/Chambers and maybe Xhaka/Mustafi.
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Arsenal 0-4 Östersunds ?

is that a prediction?
  • G000ner
    Napoli out. Only really leaves Atletico who i'm worried about
  • finsfan85
    12390 posts Has That Special Something

Lazio and Dortmund
  • G000ner
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Lazio and Dortmund

Dortmund aren't playing well this season. Lazio we should beat. Of course won't be easy games. Atletico are the only side left who will go into the match against us as favourites
  • G000ner
    Let's not make this the most embarrassing night in our history pls
  • G000ner
    Lmao
  • Ashy
    9724 posts League Winner
    At least it won’t be boring now
  • G000ner
    Maitland Niles has been disappointing in the last two games. Not sure what's happened to him, whether it's the position change to centre mid or not. His passing has just seemed so lazy, and he hasn't been good enough on the ball. Chambers and Holding just aren't good defenders
  • ViVaWhom
    8103 posts League Winner

Lazio and Dortmund

Dortmund aren't playing well this season. Lazio we should beat. Of course won't be easy games. Atletico are the only side left who will go into the match against us as favourites

and you are playing great? :lol:
  • G000ner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Lazio and Dortmund

and you are playing great? :lol:

Where have I said that