Domestic Football Is Back

Comments

• SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    While Everton are getting smashed, Lookman has just scored the winner for Leipzig in 88th min.
  • hoban95
    48577 posts FIFA Cover Star
    GO ON LOOKMAN
  • M98H
    12715 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    M98H wrote: »
    3 assists, bring me that IF Mkhi EA

Na got to be Rambo with the hat trick.

@Pugzilla both imo, no chance they don't give Mkhitaryan one for a hatrick of assists on his debut!
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    edited February 2018
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    No_NaMe wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Remember, Mkhitaryan hasn't been good, right @DaveSaves ?

Pretty sure that's 3 assists.

I didn’t say he hadn’t been good. More that everyone acting like he’s good again because he’s not at Utd. He was normal self when you lost to Swansea.

He played 30 minutes that game and was better than anyone on the pitch for us bar Özil.

Stop acting like a tool ffs.

You obviously watched a different game to everyone else.

Judging him off a 30 minute performance is stupid anyway.
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Shane wrote: »
    Mkhi isn't suddenly amazing either after 1 decent performance against Everton. He had similar performances for United this season. Let's see if he can do it consistently and when the pressure is on

He wasn't suddenly **** after being out of form half a season playing for creative killing mou
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2018
    Raistlin wrote: »
    Mkhi isn't suddenly amazing either after 1 decent performance against Everton. He had similar performances for United this season. Let's see if he can do it consistently and when the pressure is on

He wasn't suddenly **** after being out of form half a season playing for creative killing mou

He was mediocre for over a season, and he was given "freedom" despite what some seem to think. While Mkhi struggled others seemed to get on with it and do well.

Sanchez will thrive under the creative killing Mou unlike Mkhi
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

Creative killing that scored more goals than Arsenal?

He played in a lot of those 4-0 matches and did nothing.

I’m sure a lot of it was confidence and he felt that Jose didn’t have any faith in him but he isn’t suddenly back to his best after one game against a dreadful Everton team
  • Keano
    12798 posts Has That Special Something

I didn’t say he hadn’t been good. More that everyone acting like he’s good again because he’s not at Utd. He was normal self when you lost to Swansea.

He played 30 minutes that game and was better than anyone on the pitch for us bar Özil.

So is judging him off of 1 game out of the last two seasons, but you'll pick what suits your agenda & so will they ;)

Happy for Mkhi picking up a decent 3 assists that game, wasn't going to fit at United in the way we play & will have more freedom & a fresh start at Arsenal, hopefully he does well for them (except against us).
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner

I’m sure a lot of it was confidence and he felt that Jose didn’t have any faith in him but he isn’t suddenly back to his best after one game against a dreadful Everton team

Man Utd have had four 4-0 wins this season.

Mkhi's stats in these games;

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd
    0 contributions in 4th (subbed after 65 mins)

You're right, he done nothing.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31693 posts National Team Captain

He was mediocre for over a season, and he was given "freedom" despite what some seem to think. While Mkhi struggled others seem to get on with it and do well.

let’s be honest, the chances of Sanchez “thriving” under Mourinho are slim. Will he be better thank Mkhi? No doubt. But I can’t see Sanchez putting up some of the numbers with us that he was putting up for Arsenal with style of play Mourinho has us playing more often than not.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    SF9 wrote: »

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Fair enough. Lol. But he had a lot of dreadful games.

I didn’t want him to go to Arsenal because he can be brilliant but after one game he isn’t “back”

That’s my point.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    edited February 2018
    Keano wrote: »

So is judging him off of 1 game out of the last two seasons, but you'll pick what suits your agenda & so will they ;)

Happy for Mkhi picking up a decent 3 assists that game, wasn't going to fit at United in the way we play & will have more freedom & a fresh start at Arsenal, hopefully he does well for them (except against us).

I haven’t judged him at all.

Just commented on someone judging him on a 30 minute substitute appearance and then following it up with an awful stat about 4-0 wins.

Three assists in a game isn’t something that happens every game.

• Arsenalfan97
    7646 posts League Winner
    I’d like a Rambo inform and mhki inform. Lack of box to box midfielders in the prem I like other than mooy.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain

He was mediocre for over a season, and he was given "freedom" despite what some seem to think. While Mkhi struggled others seem to get on with it and do well.

let’s be honest, the chances of Sanchez “thriving” under Mourinho are slim. Will he be better thank Mkhi? No doubt. But I can’t see Sanchez putting up some of the numbers with us that he was putting up for Arsenal with style of play Mourinho has us playing more often than not.

Yet we have the same amount of goals scored as the attacking free flowing Arsenal
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yet we have the same amount of goals scored as the attacking free flowing Arsenal

Oh wow cool!!!!!

That’s not the point I was making. Style of play and system are still different regardless of the goals. Like I said, I highly doubt you’ll see Sanchez put up the numbers he did at Arsenal.
  • Keano
    12798 posts Has That Special Something

Oh wow cool!!!!!

That’s not the point I was making. Style of play and system are still different regardless of the goals. Like I said, I highly doubt you’ll see Sanchez put up the numbers he did at Arsenal.

Maybe not, but he's a creative force that we need & if he, martial & rashford can get 10-20 goals a season whilst Lukaku goes for 20+ then we'll be doing alright. Our problem last season was relying on Ibra, This season we look like any of our attackers could score. An added element to our attack is what Sanchez brings along with his work rate, he'll help get the ball from the defence to attack with how deep he can come at times etc.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2018

Oh wow cool!!!!!

We’ve gone from park the bus to playing much more openly and getting spanked!

Sanchez won’t score that many at Utd because it’ll be spread about more and he won’t play ST.

I think Mkhi will do better at Arsenal than he did at Utd, but I’m happy with our end of the deal.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited February 2018

Oh wow cool!!!!!

Maybe not, but he's a creative force that we need & if he, martial & rashford can get 10-20 goals a season whilst Lukaku goes for 20+ then we'll be doing alright. Our problem last season was relying on Ibra, This season we look like any of our attackers could score. An added element to our attack is what Sanchez brings along with his work rate, he'll help get the ball from the defence to attack with how deep he can come at times etc.

Oh wow cool!!!!!

I think Mkhi will do better at Arsenal than he did at Utd, but I’m happy with our end of the deal.

Don’t get me wrong. I said I was happy with the exchange prior to it being done. And yes Sanchez was a needed player. The only point I was making was that I cant see Sanchez “thriving”. Or in other words, I struggle to see Mourinho getting the best out of him. I think it’ll be another Pogba situation where we all know what he’s capable of, but Mourinho’s system/formation will limit him.
  • hoban95

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    edited February 2018
    Lol even in the games mkhi got those assists he was pretty heavily criticised, like I said earlier - he's had a few similar performances this season for United. He'll grab a few assists but not really play insanely well.

Then there's the fact that he goes missing for 4-5 games after every decent performance.

Regardless, Sanchez is levels above.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    hoban95 wrote: »

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.

Please, PLEASE ... don't bundle us all in with that moron.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.

Sorry, who are you?
  • hoban95
    Traveling home with Arsenal fans and my train is delayed.

Brilliant.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.

Agreed. His football knowledge which is the square root of F all is getting laid bare this evening
  • VanBasten12

Oh wow cool!!!!!

Oh wow cool!!!!!

Don’t get me wrong. I said I was happy with the exchange prior to it being done. And yes Sanchez was a needed player. The only point I was making was that I cant see Sanchez “thriving”. Or in other words, I struggle to see Mourinho getting the best out of him. I think it’ll be another Pogba situation where we all know what he’s capable of, but Mourinho’s system/formation will limit him.

Ok, so just to be sure that I've got it ... you're not a Mourinho fan :tongue:

JK ...

... I agree with your point.

IMO, we've swapped a tried-and-tested PL winger, for one - that is a good one - that has struggled after a decent start. Whilst he's dangerous and shows his class on the pitch at times, I do think that United's (Mourinho) style at the moment won't see his 'full flair' on show.

Only saw highlights of the game, but did see the chip from Valencia to Lingard - skipping an arm-waving Sanchez, then Lingard trying to cross it, with Sanchez open again. There's a certain mindset with United - it's certainly not pretty football.
  • VanBasten12
    Traveling home with Arsenal fans and my train is delayed.

Brilliant.

:lol: Enjoy mate.
  • VanBasten12
    edited February 2018

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.

Sorry, who are you?

Serious Q?

Edit ... Ah, I was referencing Hoban's comment @ SF9
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Rutta wrote: »

2 assists in 1st
    2 assists in 2nd
    1 goal in 3rd

Gotta love UTD fans.

Agreed. His football knowledge which is the square root of F all is getting laid bare this evening

Your obsession with me is weird just because you got humiliated last year. Let it go.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Lol even in the games mkhi got those assists he was pretty heavily criticised, like I said earlier - he's had a few similar performances this season for United. He'll grab a few assists but not really play insanely well.

Then there's the fact that he goes missing for 4-5 games after every decent performance.

Regardless, Sanchez is levels above.

no he wasn’t :joy: the first 4-5 games were the last time most United fans love, supported, and praised him. Go back to posts around that time (from this forum, Twitter, etc) and you’ll hardly find criticism of him. Everyone was going on about him finally settling in