Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Best formation that plays well against all formations

I have tried at least 6 different formations 41212,442,433 all of them and 4222 but they all have a weak point. Is there a perfect formation that is very well balanced and doesn't get trashed against a counter formation

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    75359 posts Moderator
    Id just give up if i were you
  • aguerooo
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    you are bad at defending + attacking. There is no magic formation in this game. Maybe you should practice more and qq less
  • Diggy
    14158 posts Has That Special Something
    4231 either version play well against all forms
  • WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Id just give up if i were you

Well I have asked for help followed advice but still getting crapped on by lb y and getting outplayed against 442 and 41212 is there something im missing because you all clearly unwilling to propperly help
  • Shakey Jakey
    1023 posts Professional
    There is no help that can be given really tbh
    Just pick a formation that helps you play to your strengths
  • There is no help that can be given really tbh
    The best for!action i have had success with is 433(4) but sometimes struggle against 442 and we'll balanced formations and 5 atb formations
  • Ykr
    3041 posts National Call-Up
    4-2-3-1
  • Shakey Jakey
    1023 posts Professional
    There is no help that can be given really tbh
    The best for!action i have had success with is 433(4) but sometimes struggle against 442 and we'll balanced formations and 5 atb formations
    if its that bad just don't play them

• Bigmickey
    1354 posts Professional
    Try 4231(2) or 4141. Be patient and keep the ball. If you have possession the opposition aren't going to score.
  • Try 4231(2) or 4141. Be patient and keep the ball. If you have possession the opposition aren't going to score.
    And just lost 8-3 against 41212(2) benzema apparently is super op
  • Tar Heels 23
    1205 posts Professional
    I know a lot of people complain about the lack of width but I have taken to the 4312. I don't do as well with only 1 striker formations and this creates a lot of passing lanes and angles to control the midfiled. A real rock at the center CM spot that is instructed to stay back while attacking helps prevent the counter attack. Give it a try and don't be afraid to pass around the midfield until they get out of position then attack.
  • I know a lot of people complain about the lack of width but I have taken to the 4312. I don't do as well with only 1 striker formations and this creates a lot of passing lanes and angles to control the midfiled. A real rock at the center CM spot that is instructed to stay back while attacking helps prevent the counter attack. Give it a try and don't be afraid to pass around the midfield until they get out of position then attack.

Maybe it's because I don't like only having 1striker yh I will try it out 433(4) my striker gets isolated too much and wingers feel renderless against cdm formations
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23733 posts Club Captain
    There is no such thing as a perfect formation against all formations...
  • Tar Heels 23
    1205 posts Professional
    I have had a lot of combo players in the CM spots like Effenberg Suker and Vieira and they shine there so my front 3 can just get it and go. Trying to create great chances instead of settling for quick shots has been the key though. I sit around 60% possession most games in this formation.
  • Road2State
    599 posts Sunday League Hero

If you have a strong midfield there's no team you can't beat
  • notfamous
    45 posts Park Captain
    4-3-1-2 is great for the game mechanics of fut15.