The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Best lone Icon ST

Comments

• Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Not creating a new thread. Planning to buy my first icon. Need to play as striker partnering giroud(86). Whom should I go for? Budget will be around 700k if every thing goes well. (PC). Shearer / Owen/ shevchenko Or any one else. Thanks in advance

@selb he just jacked your thread :D
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13152 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime van Basten
  • selb
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    Not creating a new thread. Planning to buy my first icon. Need to play as striker partnering giroud(86). Whom should I go for? Budget will be around 700k if every thing goes well. (PC). Shearer / Owen/ shevchenko Or any one else. Thanks in advance

@selb he just jacked your thread :D

That motherfudger :D
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    Prime van basten more agile than you think and his right foot is secretly a guided missile but don’t tell anyone this.
  • selb
    Prime van basten more agile than you think and his right foot is secretly a guided missile but don’t tell anyone this.

I'm liking the look of Prime MVB more and more
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up

Played against him a few times and my Ferdinand ate him for breakfast
  • AFC AJAX NR 1

I destroyed Ferdinand more than a few times now with prime van Basten. I was surprised to see how high his agility was for a guy that tall, decent balance too.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner

That person clearly not using him correctly
  • selb
    I used 89 MVB before, really enjoyed using him and he banged the goals in, he was in a 433 (4) at the time so I think playing Prime in a 4231 narrow he'd have more support and may be better equipped to play in that
  • selb
    So I've now got 1mil, so is MVB SBC worth it or should I go with 88 Kluivert or 88 Shev?
  • ab51194
    1029 posts Professional
    selb wrote: »
    ab51194 wrote: »
    Prime MVB

I looked at Prime MVB, have you used him?

Yes..very solid. I'd recommend pairing him with someone fast up top
  • selb
    @ab51194 he would be playing in a 4231 narrow with KDB centre CAM and Hazard and Mertens at wide CAM so he'd have plenty of support with pace either side of him
  • ab51194
    1029 posts Professional
    @ab51194 he would be playing in a 4231 narrow with KDB centre CAM and Hazard and Mertens at wide CAM so he'd have plenty of support with pace either side of him

He'll be great..his heading is also fantastic so cross it in or dish it to him at top of box. Whether he heads it or shoots, it's going in 95% of the time.
  • selb

He'll be great..his heading is also fantastic so cross it in or dish it to him at top of box. Whether he heads it or shoots, it's going in 95% of the time.

Nice, I've only got enough for his SBC though
  • ab51194
    1029 posts Professional

Nice, I've only got enough for his SBC though

I did his sbc for like 400-500k. Not a fan of untradeables but I'm quite happy w/ him at the moment. I traded in POTM 91 Kane for him too
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    edited January 2018
    So I've now got 1mil, so is MVB SBC worth it or should I go with 88 Kluivert or 88 Shev?

I play prime van Basten as a lone striker with 88 Kluivert behind him as a CAM in a 433(4). So much fun!

Also prime van Basten is only 500-600K if you do the SBC, which leaves you with plenty of coins as well as a few packs from the SBC
  • selb

I play prime van Basten as a lone striker with 88 Kluivert behind him as a CAM in a 433(4). So much fun!

Also prime van Basten is only 500-600K if you do the SBC, which leaves you with plenty of coins as well as a few packs from the SBC

That's what I'm planning to do now and I hope he's as good as you say he is
  • BerkAres26
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Prime Van Basten is amazing
  • selb
    I think this thread is slowly becoming Prime Van Basten appreciation :D
  • selb
    @ab51194 @AFC AJAX NR 1 so what chem style do you guys use on Prime Van Basten?
  • selb
    edited January 2018
    I got Prime MVB, cost me around 650k to complete from scratch which I didn't think was too bad, got 2 goals and 1 assist in his first game, if he carries on like that then I think it's going to be a very happy relationship :) thanks for all your help peeps
    Post edited by selb on
  • Slideman1187
    959 posts Professional
    Larsson 86 really impressed me, aint switching attacker anytime soon :)

ekg9wk.png
  • selb
    Larsson 86 really impressed me, aint switching attacker anytime soon :)

ekg9wk.png

I looked at Larsson aldo but i may wait until his Prime comes out before getting him