Would an icon re-roll be a good idea?

Michael LFC 96
3711 posts National Call-Up
You get, say, one re-roll a month.

No bottom tier icons allowed, only second and prime icons, you can trade one in for another icon at random but it's untradeable.

Think it'd be a good little idea for if you make a bad decision with an untradeable prime or whatever, but it doesn't necessarily kill the market because it's not tradeable and if needs must it could cost 30k or whatever?

A good idea? Just something to increase longevity, and the chance to try out new players in the process.

Comments

• mjs4p
    11089 posts Has That Special Something
    I could see this later in the game as things get stale, but if any icon could be submitted, the price of tradeable icons would skyrocket!
  • BWild
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    Untradeable SBC. Requires 1 icon. You get an untradeable icon pack. SBC resets every day during futties?
  • Make it tradeable and add a couple of 87/88 teams. Has to be a prime. I've not thought it through . Probably shouldn't have started this post.
  • Maverick
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    Something like that would be a cool idea.
  • BWild
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    TheDrifter wrote: »
    Make it tradeable and add a couple of 87/88 teams. Has to be a prime. I've not thought it through . Probably shouldn't have started this post.

They'll never put a tradeable, guaranteed icon in the game.
  • fluffymnuffy
    12518 posts Has That Special Something
    Untradeable, any icon and an 85 rated with 1 if squad
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    The current 'SBC system' is unfortunately flawed as later in the game, tradeable Prime Icons will be cheaper than (or very close) to their SBC price.

For me - as mentioned in the first post - it's the 'like-for-like' aspect that needs to be addressed.

Currently I am staring at the probability of not needing Petit in the team, needing to do Ronaldinho & don't have any of the 'lesser' Prime SBC's left. Not keen to throw him into the Dinho SBC but know I can save 450k if I do.

Together with the release schedule of Icons, this does need to be addressed.
  • Antparry92
    17552 posts World Class
    Would love one re-roll a month. Only problem is bottom icon SBC would rocket as there’s a chance you could pick up someone like Dinho or Matthaus
  • LiTTl3_King15
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Would love one re-roll a month. Only problem is bottom icon SBC would rocket as there’s a chance you could pick up someone like Dinho or Matthaus

It would work if you could only use the untradeable icons you already have somehow like only prime untradeables were allowed or whatever,then it wouldn't affect the price of tradeables.
  • WoundedGoat
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Only way I would do this is if after the pack you can choose between the one you submit and the one packed.

No way I’m sticking in a 90 Overmars for a 85 Petit.
  • Sercs
    18619 posts World Class
    No as you’d be able to trade up effectively for more ‘META’ players or just downright bownright better players who happened to have a similar rating