Need help finding a good formation.

Hulkmodus
1503 posts Play-Off Hero
Hello guys.
I am struggling lately with my 41212(2).
I don't want to loose my 2 st front. But I'd love to play a bit wider. What do you think about the 41212 wide? Or the 352? Or anything else?
I need a good formation and can't decide.

Comments

• TVP161
    81 posts Park Captain
    whats your team right now? playing 4-3-1-2 and being pretty confident with it. 4-1-2-1-2 with LM/RM is very good too. 4-4-2 offers a lot of variation too.
    give us some more input on your players ;)
  • Toonleew
    2882 posts Fans' Favourite
    4411 equals win win
  • Lackosweat
    7345 posts Big Money Move
    4231 and 4222 are my favorite formations recently. :#
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Okay my team now is:
    Buffon
    Alaba Boateng benatia if florenzi
    Nainggolan
    Goretzka if, Zuber if
    Prime adp
    Promes sbc, Bergkamp 90

I can also buy and sell if I switch something
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    TVP161 wrote: »
    whats your team right now? playing 4-3-1-2 and being pretty confident with it. 4-1-2-1-2 with LM/RM is very good too. 4-4-2 offers a lot of variation too.
    give us some more input on your players ;)

For the wide version, would you recommend cms or lms on that? So do I have to switch goretzka and Zuber for real wingers?
  • Toonleew wrote: »
    4411 equals win win

And getting battered by sweaty 4321 teams on the counter! I like 4222.
  • Toonleew
    Toonleew wrote: »
    4411 equals win win

lose 1 in 10 on average in D1 so obviously not :D
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Hulkmodus wrote: »
    Hello guys.
    I don't want to loose my 2 st front. But I'd love to play a bit wider. What do you think about the 41212 wide? Or the 352? Or anything else?

it'snot actually the formation, what you should do is work on your CTs.. I played a lot of games in the King Abdulahi stadium//each stadium forces different style of play.. so been practicing using the fewc stadium and i had to adjust my chance creation etc.. i had issues with my midfielders having a huge gap from my defenders, even though i have pressure above 67.. so i had to adjust the shooting tactics, and it made me more compact and stopped the midfielders getting caught out of position when defending a counter
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Hello guys.

it'snot actually the formation, what you should do is work on your CTs.. I played a lot of games in the King Abdulahi stadium//each stadium forces different style of play.. so been practicing using the fewc stadium and i had to adjust my chance creation etc.. i had issues with my midfielders having a huge gap from my defenders, even though i have pressure above 67.. so i had to adjust the shooting tactics, and it made me more compact and stopped the midfielders getting caught out of position when defending a counter

My problem is not the def.
    I am not good in attacking anymore
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Lackosweat wrote: »

you should try 442(2) so similar to the narrow 4231... I have started mixing both formations..perfect balance ,
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    So if I go 4222
    Id play Berg and adp up front, promes rom, goretzka and nainggolan on cdm, but will Zuber work as lom,or should I switch him?
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero

you should try 442(2) so similar to the narrow 4231... I have started mixing both formations..perfect balance ,

OK, what about the gab between cdm and strikers? Is it huge?
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    Hello guys.

If you're good at defending, I suggest 433(4). It's so good for attacking, pinning your opponent back and having 4-5 players around the edge of their box most of the time.

You just need to make sure your CMs are good all rounders with plenty of stamina
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite

How is 442(2)? Been using 442 but you get countered alot... 442(2) must be a mix of 442 and 4222, wich counters the 41212(2).
  • Tomb1302
    7626 posts League Winner
    I have a 3412 Guide If you're interested.
  • Toonleew wrote: »
    4411 equals win win

Really? I've kept an eye on the 4411 thread on here and there is a list of users CTs and instructions but yours aren't there? And most of the people in there admit to being Div 3/2 at best. Care to share your set Up?
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Buzzbuzz wrote: »
    Hello guys.

If you're good at defending, I suggest 433(4). It's so good for attacking, pinning your opponent back and having 4-5 players around the edge of their box most of the time.

You just need to make sure your CMs are good all rounders with plenty of stamina

Sounds good, would goretzka if and nainggolan be good as cm? Or maybe goretzka out and vidal in?
    Whom to play as lf?
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    Goretzka and Nain or Vidal would be perfect. I always try go for one H/H and one H/M, or two H/H. I'm using IF Bonaventura on the left side and Vidal on the right.

If you've got a preferred side of attack (I always seem to go slightly right), make sure your H/H is on that side so they get back and not leave you short.

Anyone with good dribbling and passing on the LW and RW, I find they don't get goalscoring opportunities that often, but they make loads of space for your ST and midfielders.
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    Goretzka and Nain or Vidal would be perfect. I always try go for one H/H and one H/M, or two H/H. I'm using IF Bonaventura on the left side and Vidal on the right.

If you've got a preferred side of attack (I always seem to go slightly right), make sure your H/H is on that side so they get back and not leave you short.

Anyone with good dribbling and passing on the LW and RW, I find they don't get goalscoring opportunities that often, but they make loads of space for your ST and midfielders.

So promes on the right side would be ok? What about sif baily on the left? Or. Maybe sane?
  • Toonleew
    4411 equals win win

Really? I've kept an eye on the 4411 thread on here and there is a list of users CTs and instructions but yours aren't there? And most of the people in there admit to being Div 3/2 at best. Care to share your set Up?

To be fair that is their problem. I have standard settings for everything as I find the more you mess the worse your team performs
  • Stickybelly
    2666 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018
    You should try 4222. Once you have mastered it, it's brilliant. 2 strikers, 2 cams and 2 CDM's. Just won Div 1 4 times in row using it. It encourages possession play too. I used to play 41212(2) but i think it makes you rush your attacks and you end up losing possession too easily imho.
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro

So promes on the right side would be ok? What about sif baily on the left? Or. Maybe sane?

Both sound fine! Depends if you like to cut in or go round the back. I like opposite foots on each wing to cut inside personally
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up

Promes plays RW in my 2nd team and he is amazing, I wouldn't get sane though and even Bailly unless you play the crossing game.

Both their finishing is trash, even though leon baily has 94/95 pace his finishing is 74 which is worst than rui costa and rui costa users know how bad his finishing is.

Sane finishing is mediocre, me Personally would never buy a striker or winger with less than 80 finishing and shot power
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2018
    ICUP wrote: »

Promes plays RW in my 2nd team and he is amazing, I wouldn't get sane though and even Bailly unless you play the crossing game.

Both their finishing is trash, even though leon baily has 94/95 pace his finishing is 74 which is worst than rui costa and rui costa users know how bad his finishing is.

Sane finishing is mediocre, me Personally would never buy a striker or winger with less than 80 finishing and shot power

In a 433(4) your wingers are usually too wide to get many opportunities though and are mainly there to create space and chances for central players imo
  • ICUP
    4293 posts National Call-Up

In a 433(4) your wingers are usually too wide to get many opportunities though and are mainly there to create space and chances for central players imo

Meddle with the CT's to reduce team width and change player instructions to cut inside
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro

Meddle with the CT's to reduce team width and change player instructions to cut inside

I setup the formation to keep them wide! Love pulling FBs and CBs to the wing and having acres of space in the middle :smile:
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero
    You should try 4222. Once you have mastered it, it's brilliant. 2 strikers, 2 cams and 2 CDM's. Just won Div 1 4 times in row using it. It encourages possession play too. I used to play 41212(2) but i think it makes you rush your attacks and you end up losing possession too easily imho.

Whom do you recommend for the cams, striker and cdm?
  • Hulkmodus
    1503 posts Play-Off Hero

Any tips for the lw?