why are kick off goals still a thing this far down the line?

Ben7777
379 posts An Exciting Prospect
Its cost me probably about 4 games this weekend league and i cant understand why it still exists. Is it the fact that EA dont have the mental capacity to understand the fifa community, oblivious to thousands of people on the whole #fixfifa campaign or just want to make themselves stupid when Esport time comes around and they have to report on their own failings as a game?

Comments

• davidg871902
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly, I’m not the best at the game but an excellent defender and I never concede kick off goals. Just defend running backwards and always switch to the player closest to the ball. If people believe that the AI gets a decrease in stats right after kick off, then don’t defend with the AI and do it manually. It’s easy to stop.
  • Pacey3_16
    2335 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly, I’m not the best at the game but an excellent defender and I never concede kick off goals. Just defend running backwards and always switch to the player closest to the ball. If people believe that the AI gets a decrease in stats right after kick off, then don’t defend with the AI and do it manually. It’s easy to stop.

Agreed. Slide tackle stop them at any cost
  • Dinksy
    2348 posts Fans' Favourite
    kick off goals aren't a thing. Placebo effect
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't think I've scored or conceded a kick-off goal in months.
  • ChristopherOC3
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    It could just be me but I’m fairly sure they’ve patched them. When ever someone tries running from kick off they seem to take a very heavy touch and are easily dispossessed.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Maybe it's just me but this isn't as big a problem as people make out it maybe happens a couple of times throughout 40 games and sometimes goes for you not really a big deal.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    It's not always direct from kick off
  • Erikson
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Dinksy wrote: »

Definetly not
  • ThisVergaRA
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've let in a couple but it's bc I get distracted or I just don't defend it right
  • DicaniosGod
    5807 posts Big Money Move
    I've let in a couple but it's bc I get distracted or I just don't defend it right

This!

• '96dc2
    9060 posts League Winner
    All the master defenders in here! Lol

Kick off goals are rampant!!!! Game is a joke.
  • gbshow
    1094 posts Professional
    Because it doesn't cost EA money.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because the gameplay is atrocious.
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t get it. I never get scored on at kickoff...
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Kick off goals is a thing. In most games i play, there is a goal within 5 min in game time of a kick off at least once. Every game i play
  • Lcfc
    2818 posts National Call-Up
    Happens all the time
    This is my last FIFA’s I see so much bs in this game it’s a joke.
    I tested it out with wl I had no time this weekend to play. So Sunday night if I went 1 bill down I quit
    Did this 3 or 4 times then next few games you win. The game is designed for you to play the full 40 matches and with a. Average food team to make 16-22 wins ea r greedy
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you’d be able to look into the amount of goals scored between 2 in game minutes from eachother, you’ll be amazed. I think I had, both scoring and receiving goals, 100+ goals within 2 minutes of both of us scoring
  • Shake88
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its deffo a real problem i cant see how people are saying they havent had it happen!! Ive had plenty of games where theres 4 goals in the first 15 mins all from 1 kick off to another! And consistantly online. Same with goals at certain times!! First 5 mins ,45 min , 90 min and oh missed the game handing some1 the victory in extra time mainly by 2 goals alot. Go all game no goals then 1 goes in and all hell breaks loose
  • Ben7777
    I deffo dont believe they are a placebo but i 100% think that if you have the mentality you will concede one, you are more likely too! deffo feel a negative outlook does cost you goals somehow. Nevertheless, they really hurt me in the weekend league, the pace of the attackers and the lack of positioning of my players does cost me goals, important ones too.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    I'm pretty sure like 75% of my goals are conceded the first possession off kickoff. Nothing seems to work for me. I missed out on G2 because of this (and hitting the woodwork 3+ times a game).
  • Herbski
    91 posts Park Captain
    edited January 2018

Just because you are good at defending it doesn't mean there isn't a problem. It just means you may cope with it better than others. I do not really concede that many either, BUT It's painfully obvious something is up on these kickoffs with the AI defending. All you have to do is play games and know that.

I wish I would have taken video where my right back just leaves the winger and decides to run into the middle of the field for absolutely no reason at all. I mean it was the dumbest thing I've ever see he's marking the winger's run then all of a sudden runs into the middle leaving him wide open to score. I wasn't controlling the right back or using secondary press or anything either, so there is no logical reason my 84 rated right back with 90 stats in defending is going to mark the man, only to leave the man unmarked to cover space that nobody was attacking into.

Keep in mind I have NEVER seen anything like this OTHER than on the kickoff.
  • Herbski
    91 posts Park Captain

Maybe so, or maybe your AI players are coded to allow the opposition into scoring positions on their first possession on the kick-off.

I'm not complaining or saying it's the reason I lose, hell it's benefited me just as much as it's hurt me. But to act like this isn't a thing you have to be blind, are an EA apologist, or work for the company.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kickoff games are real.. every pro or seasoned player experiences them.. If %85 of the community believes theres a kickoff cheese or experiences one. The majority just might be correct
  • Ben7777
    hahahaha regionals come along and they realise 'oh **** our game is so broke, this is an embarrasment, imagine commentating on our own failures and explaining why there are so many kick off goals in a Esport" so they finally get off there butts and patch it.
  • CoachDavio
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dinksy wrote: »
    Um this is akward
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    you all better thank OP for this 1
  • sulliez
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They definitely exist in WL... now if they player runs directly at my I slide tackle them like mad to draw a foul! Best way to stop it