FIFA 18 Gameplay Discussion & Issues

Comments

• JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Haven't been able to get on WL yet, I'll try and get a few games in tomorrow and see how it is but there's no way I'll get the 40 games in again.
  • LSB1210
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well, that's it for me.... With inconsistent online gameplay, cheating AI in offline.... Doing SBC and trading is fun untill some point... So I will quit FUT. EA can stick their shiny cards up their ****s.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Was just unplayable yesterday. Had enough and will boot PES. :joy:
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up

JIO22 wrote: »
    930 seems to be when they finish eating round here and start hogging the internet

Lol. How ignorant of them. Time for the internet to prioritise FIFA packets over everyone else's stuff, let them suffer with browsing etc and let our packets straight through.

Fifa gaming packets would be a drop in the ocean and wouldn't affect browsing...not like browsing is anywhere near as time sensitive anyway.
    Ignorant?
    You on the crack J ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bjornheisenberg
    they cant now until they know how regulation hurts them.
    good news is they are very vulnerable to these regulations because most of their profit is from loot style boxes.

the problem with pes for me is the amount of time you have to wait for games.........
    if the gc actions cause an exodus there will be less waiting time for a game.
    other issue is pes was just as bad last year online gameplay wise.....

need a company well versed in server gameplay who can also change the p2p mode to make it playable.

said a while ago ea need to lower the amount of data for online play (udp) because the game is very time sensitive and constantly unlike fps games online.
    fps games are time sensitive when you shoot for example but that not for the full "90".
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    930 seems to be when they finish eating round here and start hogging the internet

Lol. How ignorant of them. Time for the internet to prioritise FIFA packets over everyone else's stuff, let them suffer with browsing etc and let our packets straight through.

Fifa gaming packets would be a drop in the ocean and wouldn't affect browsing...not like browsing is anywhere near as time sensitive anyway.
    Ignorant?
    You on the crack J ?

What you on about bjorn I'm in agreement with you!

Prioritise FIFA packets, it'll stop all our issues - that's what we all want isn't it.
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    4 down in WL, so far it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Delay, lag and horrible to play - can't touch the ball.

Up against all the icons, just impossible. Just played someone with Schmeichel in goals and I couldn't score with 86 mertens from 6 yds out, he saved them all. Unbeatable.

I won't mention names but the last person I just played after in game 10 mins subbed off Ibrahimovic and brought on A.Wooten (72 rated), and he absolutely ripped my defence to pieces, far better than playing against a Suarez or Ronaldo.

Is this cheating or if not what the hell is going on? As it's beyond me now.
  • bjornheisenberg

Ignorant?
    You on the crack J ?

What you on about bjorn I'm in agreement with you!

Prioritise FIFA packets, it'll stop all our issues - that's what we all want isn't it.

sadly it wont.
    if isps could determine what a packet is and then send it on a designated route to a server then that would be good for wl.
    if they know your sending data to a given ip shouldnt really be an issue.
    plusnet used to do this.

but the issue will still remain with p2p....because the other player wont be on their "game server list".

this is assuming someone has a problem now.

most network routers ignore packet prioritisation...because peopel will simply tag all their packets as top priority even if they arent.....can be done by those who know.
    i could on my other isp because they had vlans...made no difference....i looked deeper into this...was a no goer.

p2p will depend on what the isp is doing...

if its like mine atm then both modes will be dodgy as the local isp network is showing stuff on it.
    last node icmp packet loss which is a worry as this wasnt there previous.

during the atletico game icmp ping spikes through the 1st 2 nodes...on a dodgy day normally these spike by 10ms...today 60ms...3rd node hidden...final node packet loss.

• bjornheisenberg
    4 down in WL, so far it's ****. Delay, lag and horrible to play - can't touch the ball.

Up against all the icons, just impossible. Just played someone with Schmeichel in goals and I couldn't score with 86 mertens from 6 yds out, he saved them all. Unbeatable.

I won't mention names but the last person I just played after in game 10 mins subbed off Ibrahimovic and brought on A.Wooten (72 rated), and he absolutely ripped my defence to pieces, far better than playing against a Suarez or Ronaldo.

Is this cheating or if not what the hell is going on? As it's beyond me now.

nah those silvers do get a boost.
    i used one in SBs v a team full of icons a while back.
    brought him on midway second half....he tore their defence apart.

tried him for a full game...average.

there is no way to know how ea do their s***.
    those rediit papers probably are spot on though.

unless something drastic gets anounced or the gc nail ea for loot boxes...this is gonna be my last 1.

• JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    WL last week almost perfect.
    This week unplayable.
  • bjornheisenberg
    looks like some irish servers on 159.153.34.0/24
    bf1.
    gonna run some ests this week on dkt.
    firewall working.....
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    nah those silvers do get a boost.

How?
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    Has anyone else on here tried IF Zaha?

What a record I got going with him, he has been immense so far.
  • BeardedBerk
    1797 posts Play-Off Hero
    ffs not again.... probably for talking sense and EA not liking it
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    He's been banned a few times before. It's the same again.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite

ffs, never seen the guy do anything other than detailed analysis (way over my head but I can respect his knowledge). Why was he banned
  • Adexemma001
    333 posts Sunday League Hero

Lol wait till after few game or play him in WL then u will delete him from your squad at then end of the week lol. He’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all pace can’t score
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional

ffs, never seen the guy do anything other than detailed analysis (way over my head but I can respect his knowledge). Why was he banned

The people to ask are EA for the reasons.

Only thing for me is we need to be careful what is discussed on here, certain things are not allowed and I've seen what happens in the past.... Btw I'm not saying this is or isn't the reason why.

Easiest thing to do is to stick to normal things and be respectful of all members whichever thread anyone (including myself) decides to post in.
  • Manual_stick
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hi, I just want to share with you some stuff was happening with me related a input lag/delay I was having between accounts. Let me tell you, I have 2 PSN accounts on the same PS4, the main one is from USA and the second one is from Costa Rica (from where I am), The thing is that all my WL / DKT games was very lagged on my main account (USA account), I tried everything to solve this... DMZ, ports fowarding, Upnp, etc.. etc.. and nothing worked, so then I created my second account the Costa Rica PSN, and play some DKT/WL games and the games was so responsive and players can turn very fast and responsive and you feel the speed, was able to maked ping pong passes). At that point I was so confused why on the same console and with the same internet config, the gameplay between the accounts was so inconsistent. ? I try to reach EA support and they send me a email with some procedure to do, but it didn't work. Some stuff like, restore licenses, delete my account, restore database.. etc.etc.

So, then yesterday, just trying something desperately on my main account (USA account) I disable "Set this PS4 as primary" on the PSN account settings. Then just played some games and there was a lot of difference, the game was quite responsive and the game experience was much better. Just try it, maybe works for you or maybe is placebo. Give a try, nobody knows.

**Sorry for my english, is not my native language.
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    edited January 2018

Lol wait till after few game or play him in WL then u will delete him from your squad at then end of the week lol. He’s **** all pace can’t score

@Adexemma001

I only used for a trial in mind for a few games to see what he was like, then re-sell.

But he kept on scoring all the time, 57 goals in 26 games with 12 assists, 95% of these games have been in WL - I've never had a ratio like this with any other player this or previous FIFA's.

Some finishes are a bit untidy but pretty much every shot is a goal I find with him, got good pace and also decent strength.

He's staying for now, I also got him for 10k which is a bonus B) .
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    Thanks for your post @Manual_stick you never know this could help any of us. It's odd things like this that could make a difference.

Keep trialling over the next days/weeks and post back if you wouldn't mind and let us know if it's still good.
  • JIO22
    1195 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    For me I will say on average my gameplay has picked up a lot and generally now it seems very good. I still get the odd game where it is slow and delayed but it is much less in the last few weeks or so.

Seems to of coincided with now getting the full 5 green bars on the latency, never did I get the full 5 only ever 4. Now its 5 almost every game.
  • Manual_stick
    For me on both accounts, I usually get 4 green bars, but the gameplay was day and night about the difference I felt on both accounts. I also was able to sniff my traffic and I noticed that with both accounts for WL games, the ps4 connected to the same servers:

UDP traffic dst port 3659.

So then why if the 2 accounts connect to the same servers, why the gameplay is so different between accounts, was so confused. After disable my pS4 as primary everything change.

• aotfw
    74 posts Park Captain
    I will try that @Manual_stick it is a common observation that some little change in the settings has a massive influence on gameplay, although only temporarily for the most part.
    Gameplay for me is horrible these days, despite the fact that I'm doing better than ever in the WL. The entire game is delayed and asynchronous, most obvious when I watch how the AI operates. They constantly run into the wrong directions and tackle too late or when the ball is miles away. I noticed that a lot of my opponents suffer from the same thing, at least by the looks of it.
  • Manual_stick
    aotfw wrote: »
    I will try that @Manual_stick it is a common observation that some little change in the settings has a massive influence on gameplay, although only temporarily for the most part.
    Gameplay for me is horrible these days, despite the fact that I'm doing better than ever in the WL. The entire game is delayed and asynchronous, most obvious when I watch how the AI operates. They constantly run into the wrong directions and tackle too late or when the ball is miles away. I noticed that a lot of my opponents suffer from the same thing, at least by the looks of it.

Give a try, and let me know if helps you.