Is crossing used in D1-3 or elite Weekend League?

RayS
37524 posts International Superstar
edited January 2018
It looks like most top players like to cut inside for the short passes, but do any high level players still utilize crossing?

I probably cross too much :D

Comments

• dregana08
    4166 posts National Call-Up
    I play Div 1/2 and cross a lot. It’s OP if you know how to cross properly (back post).
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    Not very often at all
  • RayS
    dregana08 wrote: »
    I play Div 1/2 and cross a lot. It’s OP if you know how to cross properly (back post).

Lofted or scoop cross? Or regular cross?
  • Porsgaard85
    1031 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    U use manual cross? Or just semi assistance
  • ImAtrocious
    3147 posts National Call-Up
    It is rare, but when you play someone that knows how to do it, it's lethal. I played someone that absolutely destroyed me a while back. He crossed every time he got the ball, and honestly put 8 in on me.

I've actually really been trying to work on my crossing game. I switched formations and have been trying to get better at using the various shoulder buttons for different types of crosses, which seems to make a big difference.

When it comes off, it's definitely a more satisfying way to score.
  • Elio87
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    RayS wrote: »

Lofted or scoop cross? Or regular cross?

L1 cross full power no analog left stick.. inside penalty box back post, with tall wingers. Always a goal stupid game
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    crossing with square not so much, but R1-X driver across the box is basically the triple square cross from last year and that's super effective with the right players. need someone with good passing stats to swing it in and someone with good positioning to finish it off
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite

Shhhhhhhh
  • RayS
    edited January 2018

Shhhhhhhh

Tell me how many of IF Zaza’s goals are header at the back post!!
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite

Shhhhhhhh

Diouf (?) knows amirite :D
  • the_boss_gurveer
    semia172 wrote: »

Shhhhhhhh

Diouf (?) knows amirite :D

Hahahahaha semia you remember it.
    I scored one with a 71 rated silver too against the other opponent
  • the_boss_gurveer

Shhhhhhhh

Tell me how many of IF Zaza’s goals are header at the back post!!

Almost all of them are headers. :D
  • ResultatFar
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't cross a lot, but Hashtag Harry does quite a bit - he's an alright player
  • the_boss_gurveer
    @RayS

watch this one from around 17th min

I'm playing with Senegalese players and Semia with Japanese.
  • RayS
    @RayS

dude that was a great matchup; you both are really good. @the_boss_gurveer were you aiming for that back post finish with the volleyed goal? I like how @semia172 played a nice technical style with Japan :) You guys make this game look too easy :D
  • the_boss_gurveer
    @RayS

dude that was a great matchup; you both are really good. @the_boss_gurveer were you aiming for that back post finish with the volleyed goal? I like how @semia172 played a nice technical style with Japan :) You guys make this game look too easy :D

Yeah but that's the how I like to cross, my crossers and attackers were not of great quality in this match though.

People don't usually expect a 'slow' player like Zaza to do good in this pace oriented game but whenever I score a few headers or volleys with Zaza then a lot of those send me messages to stop sending the crosses into the box.
    One of the guys got into mic and boy he was furious because of these crosses.

Semia is a great player without any doubt.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    Always cross the ball when your players are running into the box. Even with short players, you will score.
    I have scored quite a few with Alessandrini.
    Once you stop and then try to cross, GK is gonna punch or catch that.
  • RayS
    Nice nice. Yeah, I’ve been practicing the advancd crossing skills game every time I get on to play, and hopefully that helps my crossing game.

Low driven finishes are only so fun for so long :D
  • PibeV14
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    I rarely cross but when I do I score most of the time. Maybe once every 10 games or so. As soon as I see bale or cristiano inside the box against a Fullback like alaba /alba /semedo etc I cross it back post. Early crosses work better
  • futaddikt
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its pay to win who cares ea packs are garbage
  • RayS
    futaddikt wrote: »
    Its pay to win who cares ea packs are garbage

CRISPO 87
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    If u have someone like CR7 coming in at back post then crossing is a must
  • bjornheisenberg