Has anyone had enough patience to wait for full TOTY before pack opening?

RayS
25294 posts Player of the Year
I barely hanging on. I keep wanting to open just a few. NO. BAD RAYS. Wait one more day...

And the thing is I really love the pack opening animations on console, so I will try to force myself to wait to open packs on consoles when I get home from work tomorrow evening (rather than using Mobile App to open the packs).

TOTY Kante just waiting for me in one of those packs :#

Comments

• ImAtrocious
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yep, I've been good. I really have very few packs to open compared to most, so maybe that's why they aren't burning as big a hole. I think I'll have a few over 20 after I get my 3 WL packs later later. In other words, I'm not expecting much! (although this year has been my best pack luck ever, so you never know!)
  • RemyS
    779 posts Semi-Pro
    I also kept mine, nothing crazy as I'm only a division 5-7 player for now so no WL rewards, but I kept all the ones from the Calcio SBC, and 2-3 weeks of MM. I've like 50 or so packs. Also doing some PL upgrade, your post about your 25 packs made me realize that they will still be there from firday, so I can re-use the useless players to make a bit more. Even if the odds of a toty player are super low, there are enough players in the PL that I would enjoy playing that it's worth it, and it means I'll be ready for the league sbc. I'd be happy with any of the toty obv, + DDG, Hazard, Pogba, Courtois, David Luiz, Aguero . I probably wouldn't play Sanchez, Ibra, Ozil , etc, but there are still enough 86+ to kinda cover the cost of these, they would be useful in future sbc's.
  • RayS
    RemyS wrote: »
    I also kept mine, nothing crazy as I'm only a division 5-7 player for now so no WL rewards, but I kept all the ones from the Calcio SBC, and 2-3 weeks of MM. I've like 50 or so packs. Also doing some PL upgrade, your post about your 25 packs made me realize that they will still be there from firday, so I can re-use the useless players to make a bit more. Even if the odds of a toty player are super low, there are enough players in the PL that I would enjoy playing that it's worth it, and it means I'll be ready for the league sbc. I'd be happy with any of the toty obv, + DDG, Hazard, Pogba, Courtois, David Luiz, Aguero . I probably wouldn't play Sanchez, Ibra, Ozil , etc, but there are still enough 86+ to kinda cover the cost of these, they would be useful in future sbc's.

Cool cool. I had some pretty nice pulls last time I stocked up on 20 Premium Prem packs. And yeah even if you don’t get the exact player you want, there’s a good chance you’ll at least find some good SBC fodder (a good number of 83s and 84s for sure). And yeah I’m planning to recycle my unusable lower rated players into the regular Prem Upgrade SBC, and then back into the Premium Upgrade if I can.

I made sure to have all my Upgrade SBCs done before I posted that... didn’t wanna have everyone rushing to get those 600-650 bid rare golds :# but I hope you didn’t have too much trouble getting yours. I had a pretty good method down for getting the players quick. PM me if u wanna know.
  • RayS
    edited January 2018
    Probably a bit of a waste spending 180k coins on untradeable packs, but I’d rather do that than lose real money on FP hoping to pack TOTY

I’m a D5-6 player and can’t do WL, but SB still gives me decent enough rewards not to sweat losing a couple hundred k coins
  • RCTID
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have 57 packs stored and 12k points waiting for the entire team to be in packs. I’m hoping this will be the 4th year in a row that I pack a TOTY player. 15 was Ronaldo, 16 was Neuer, 17 was Pique.
  • neo_wolf82
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought the full team was going to be released today, i have 77 packs, im a bit dissapointed but will wait until tomorrow, maybe i can hit 80 packs.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Yep... it's been no problem. I have 65 packs to open - and I have a trip this weekend.

Because I am into drama, I am actually not going to open the packs until I get back home on Sunday night so I can do it on my console since my only access from Friday AM on will be with my iPad on the webapp.
  • RayS
    neo_wolf82 wrote: »
    I thought the full team was going to be released today, i have 77 packs, im a bit dissapointed but will wait until tomorrow, maybe i can hit 80 packs.

I believe it’s tomorrow at 6uk time bc defender and gk TOTY are in packs 48 hours
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14153 posts Has That Special Something
    I've got a bronze gift pack I've saved for weeks but definitely have the will power to last til friday
  • RayS
    edited January 2018
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    Yep... it's been no problem. I have 65 packs to open - and I have a trip this weekend.

Because I am into drama, I am actually not going to open the packs until I get back home on Sunday night so I can do it on my console since my only access from Friday AM on will be with my iPad on the webapp.

Lol i feel ya. I’m always a bit disappointed when I get a good pull on webapp or mobile app bc I know I missed out in the board and/or walkout.

They gotta improve pack opening animations off console :#

That’s a long wait till Sunday tho! U can cheat and open one or two on webapp :)
  • RayS
    I've got a bronze gift pack I've saved for weeks but definitely have the will power to last til friday

U animal!!
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    I’ll even last until Saturday, absolute savagery isn’t it
  • John Knows
    837 posts An Exciting Prospect
    opened all my rewards, my luck is so bad its not worth waiting.
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    I managed to do so not through will power, but by accident. have a bunch of unassigned 83's so I haven't been able to open any packs. The thing is I have no idea how many are left in the unassigned, seems like no matter how many I sell there's still at least 50 left

if not for that I def would have blown the points. have 12k that I'm gonna spend during full team release... assuming my unassigned pile didn't turn infinite somehow :joy:
  • deang07
    8039 posts League Winner
    yep ready to be dissapointed tomorow eve
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
    I was never going to pack a TOTY and didn't have packs saved so I just opened my rewards and finished SBC Vieira

445bdbf5c998c4d7c0d8e8f1d869589c.png

Then packed this beauty from the 100k pack that Vieira gave me :)

c465f9535009f92a4f1c183264b85842.jpg
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got 107 saved, gonna have pack splurge and complete Ronnie sbc tomorrow so should be fun. hopefully build another 30-40 81+ packs as a go and also open the packs from the icon sbc. Not expecting anything amazing but gotta be in it to win it I suppose.
  • RayS
    Clancy wrote: »
    I managed to do so not through will power, but by accident. have a bunch of unassigned 83's so I haven't been able to open any packs. The thing is I have no idea how many are left in the unassigned, seems like no matter how many I sell there's still at least 50 left

if not for that I def would have blown the points. have 12k that I'm gonna spend during full team release... assuming my unassigned pile didn't turn infinite somehow :joy:

Lol if you have glitched an infinite supply of 83s I suppose there is no need for you to ever open packs the rest or the year :D
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    I was never going to pack a TOTY and didn't have packs saved so I just opened my rewards and finished SBC Vieira

Nice! Congrats dude, Vieira is great, you're gonna love him
  • RayS

Jelllllyyy congrats that’s an insane pull. CRISPO!
  • deang07
    8039 posts League Winner
    wow u are the official pack king this yr
  • RayS
    Feel free to post your pulls in here when y’all begin the mass packening.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    RayS wrote: »

tbf if he were a TOTY I'd of never packed him probably due to card weight

c9f6eebd5dfc2ae41b9cc3258e197fa4.jpg
  • deang07
    8039 posts League Winner
    deang07 wrote: »
    wow u are the official pack king this yr

and i just saw that kante was in the pack ffs lool pack king deffo confirmed
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner

Lol if you have glitched an infinite supply of 83s I suppose there is no need for you to ever open packs the rest or the year :D

finally, it turned to 47 lol. Was beginning to think I had broken something.

I guess it will take a little will power yet to wait for tomorrow's full release
  • RayS

finally, it turned to 47 lol. Was beginning to think I had broken something.

I guess it will take a little will power yet to wait for tomorrow's full release

Get off the console now before you’re too tempted!!!
  • RayS

EA TROLL
  • DicaniosGod
    4937 posts Big Money Move

Serious pullage man!!! Grats

• I got 90 Packs.... it's killing me.
  • RayS
    I got 90 Packs.... it's killing me.

Stay strong man. It will be worth it.