Didn’t 100k packs used to be good?

iWilshere_19
2012 posts Fans' Favourite
I swear they used to be rewards a fair bit of the time now I’ve watched you tubers open 100k fifa points and atleast half of the 50 packs they open they are getting players like Cazorla or Naby Keita

It’s hard to believe the price of a 100k packs and the results you get from opening them

Comments

• Nervous_Nick
    5310 posts Big Money Move
    Most of the time you won't even make 30k out of it...
  • RadioShaq
    15110 posts Moderator
    To late in the year there is only 20 nifs worth 100k or more. On the plus side players are cheap.
  • Safk001
    850 posts Semi-Pro
    I was thinking the same thing, usually they are fairly good. They are awful at the moment. Nobody seems to be packing anything of value out of them.
  • xFATAL
    4320 posts National Call-Up
    Packweights are getting worse and worse every year it seems. With 100k packs this year it's not uncommon to get a couple 82s and the rest 81 and below. EAs greed is gonna drive alot of people from this game at this rate.
  • GrinWithoutaKat
    1147 posts Professional
    I spent about 15k FIFA points during Black Friday on 100k packs and I got 3 players over 84. Glik, Pepe and Miranda. No temptation to load up this time round, just got reward packs saved.
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    So what do people think pack weights SHOULD be like? Let’s put it this way...

If you were guaranteed 1 TOTY card from 50 100k packs, then in lightning rounds you would have 1000 TOTY cards packed in about 4 minutes. Imagine if within 4 minutes there were 333 TOTY ronaldos on the market... it would be insane. When you count all of the other packs (50k lightning rounds, other promos, SBCs, rewards) within 2 or 3 days there would be more TOTY ronaldos on the market than people playing the game.
  • xFATAL
    phep wrote: »

If you were guaranteed 1 TOTY card from 50 100k packs, then in lightning rounds you would have 1000 TOTY cards packed in about 4 minutes. Imagine if within 4 minutes there were 333 TOTY ronaldos on the market... it would be insane. When you count all of the other packs (50k lightning rounds, other promos, SBCs, rewards) within 2 or 3 days there would be more TOTY ronaldos on the market than people playing the game.

Maybe just guarantee at least one 85+ rated player in a $20 pack. Is that too much to ask?
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    xFATAL wrote: »

Maybe just guarantee at least one 85+ rated player in a $20 pack. Is that too much to ask?

But then we have the same problem. Imagine if they introduced 50,000 85 plus players in 2 minutes. The next complaint would be they’re all worthless because there’s too many of them
  • RadioShaq
    15110 posts Moderator

Wouldn’t you just devalue players even more making packs have less value?
  • dylanmx
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    Packweights are getting worse and worse every year it seems. With 100k packs this year it's not uncommon to get a couple 82s and the rest 81 and below. EAs greed is gonna drive alot of people from this game at this rate.

Yes, but where will they go? Most will come back. Pes has no chance.
  • xFATAL
    RadioShaq wrote: »

Wouldn’t you just devalue players even more making packs have less value?

That's where SBCs come into play, Could just make higher rating requirements. But the system works in Madden where if you buy a bundle they give you a topper with pretty much every promo.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
    Personally I think EA are ripping us all off BIG TIME ...people bang on about how bad it would be if icons were easier to pack. But isn't that what FIFA 18 marketing was all about? Why should the majority of the community have to wait until the games near enough dead to pack the very thing they promoted the game for? Isn't this "ultimate team"....??
    Not "team you can afford"...
    It's BS....I don't mind others packing icons, actually I quite like seeing it. As it brings happiness to someone. I just don't see why most of us have to miss out, also....why do we have to wait until the games dead for the prime Ronaldo to be available? He's on the front cover yet he's not even in the game yet? (The prime I'm talking about btw) .....the game is trash, EA are just milking us completely and getting away with it.
  • GuardianUTD
    173 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're thinking about it the wrong way. You're right that if we maintain the amount of packs that EA churn out then pack percentage would have to stay low so the players are still worth something.

The best way is to increase the percentage of premium gold packs (Only slightly) and make it very rare for 100k or 125k packs to come out. If these have high enough percentage of packing decent, you could even exclude them from the store and have them be rewards for high Weekend League places only.

If you increase the odds on every pack from premium gold up to 50k and then reserve the truly God packs of 100k for rewards or maybe just 1 release at Xmas or TOTY then the market becomes a lot more balanced. People still want to spend money on packs because there's actually a vague chance of packing an in form of icon in a Premium Gold pack and people want to put more hours in the game to earn the fantastic packs that at least 20% of the time reward high.

Of course EA would rather everything stayed the same and kept receiving money for a poor system and until people stop that addiction thinking of 'someone will pack an icon, why not me?' we're going to be left with the same crap.
  • RadioShaq
    15110 posts Moderator
    It’s because half the player base is into trading and not playing the game.
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    The problem is that the solution will always hurt EAs profit. The only way around it is to reduce the number of packs people spend real money on, if it were the case that all packs were bought with coins, people would buy far far fewer, so pack weights would be higher to compensate.

Also the issue with over stacking the market is that it goes completely against the fun of ultimate team. If everyone had ronaldo in the first week because The market was flooded, the game would be dead by October.
  • liuus86
    693 posts Semi-Pro
    it s because the 98% of the nif cards are worthless..that is the real problem.

they need to find a way to balance the market a bit more..right now even if you find higuain which is 90 rated is worth 50k only lol..
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    edited January 2018
    The problem is that the solution will always hurt EAs profit. The only way around it is to reduce the number of packs people spend real money on, if it were the case that all packs were bought with coins, people would buy far far fewer, so pack weights would be higher to compensate.

Also the issue with over stacking the market is that it goes completely against the fun of ultimate team. If everyone had ronaldo in the first week because The market was flooded, the game would be dead by October.

Against the fun of ultimate team? And which aspect are you referring to exactly? I'm not being funny but the market should never be 1st when talking about ultimate team....this is meant to be a football simulation....not wall street, the problem is people care more about their coin count than the imaginative teams that they put together....
  • ml1dch
    1411 posts Professional
    I had Nainggolan and Alex Sandro in the same pack yesterday. So that one was alright.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    ml1dch wrote: »
    I had Nainggolan and Alex Sandro in the same pack yesterday. So that one was alright.

Illuminati confirmed
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional

Against the fun of ultimate team? And which aspect are you referring to exactly? I'm not being funny but the market should never be 1st when talking about ultimate team....this is meant to be a football simulation....not wall street, the problem is people care more about their coin count than the imaginative teams that they put together....

The whole fun is to build towards your dream squad. Once you get it, the game is pretty much over and it starts to get boring. Whats the point of playing if you can’t improve your team anymore. This is why the game dies after TOTS every year...
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

The whole fun is to build towards your dream squad. Once you get it, the game is pretty much over and it starts to get boring. Whats the point of playing if you can’t improve your team anymore. This is why the game dies after TOTS every year...

This year might be different, and I say that on the basis that we have a world cup...so that should keep the game going a bit longer....problem is, it will probably be just another opportunity for EA to milk us more