-\- La Liga 2017/18 -/-

Comments

  • Kingy
    2257 posts Fans' Favourite
    malagacity wrote: »
    no one ever mentions Valverde

    - switching to a 442
    - showing faith in Sergio Roberto, Paco, Vermaelen
    - downplaying political significance in both the Atletico and Real visits (much more important than most think)
    - Dealing with a very annoying board and press amidst their preseason "crisis"

    I had my doubts, but his in-game adjustments this season and balance he has created are all part of their great start. Hope he can keep it up

    Varverde has been superb, particularly with the squad he has which is the poorest Barca squad for years, let's be honest.
  • MiIan
    12402 posts Has That Special Something
    The only thing he is doing wrong is Suarez not playing in his best role. But on the other side because of that, Messi can be more influencial.
  • RealM
    5690 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    When you think how good Harry Kane has done to score this many goals in 1 year, then remember Messi scored 91 :D
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    malagacity wrote: »
    no one ever mentions Valverde

    - switching to a 442
    - showing faith in Sergio Roberto, Paco, Vermaelen
    - downplaying political significance in both the Atletico and Real visits (much more important than most think)
    - Dealing with a very annoying board and press amidst their preseason "crisis"

    I had my doubts, but his in-game adjustments this season and balance he has created are all part of their great start. Hope he can keep it up

    He looks super calm as well, almost looking like some kind of football monk
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    RealM wrote: »
    When you think how good Harry Kane has done to score this many goals in 1 year, then remember Messi scored 91 :D

    Kane for Benzema would be nice
  • Robinflex wrote: »
    RealM wrote: »
    When you think how good Harry Kane has done to score this many goals in 1 year, then remember Messi scored 91 :D

    Kane for Benzema would be nice

    Football wise it would be a good fit for Real, however I do think that pretty boy marketing plays a big factor and for the most part I can see a big push for Dybala. Not saying that Kane is ugly, but he doesn't have that Galactico look to him. There is of course wanting to tap into the Brit market and I do see Kane coming if he has an above average World Cup

    Still a big Benzema fan, but there a rumblings in the gambling community that he is tanking games so that the other team covers the Asian Handicap.

    A big signing is coming in the summer, but once again that all depends on who makes sense marketing wise post-world cup

    Another factor is that Unique Sports Management (Kane's agency) has very little dealing outside of England. It is a whole different beast trying to negotiate things with the big clubs on the continent (less transparency, hidden clauses)
  • McClean
    776 posts Semi-Pro
    What's everyone La Liga teams look like?
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    McClean wrote: »
    What's everyone La Liga teams look like?

    mines blank so far.
    waiting to see what the sbc player is first then might build around it.
  • rodrel
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    I decided to make a 'strong' side ( been playing affordable/cheap players till recently) and my team, with which I am very happy playing with, is:

    SCR Benzema - FUTmas Muriel

    Prime SBC Costa

    SCR Deulofeu - Dembele

    FUTmas Paulinho

    Alba- Umtiti-Varane-SIF Vrsaljko

    TOTGS ter Stegen

    4-1-2-1-2 wide.

    I really enjoy my time in FIFA now.

    Saving for Messi.
  • rodrel wrote: »
    I decided to make a 'strong' side ( been playing affordable/cheap players till recently) and my team, with which I am very happy playing with, is:

    SCR Benzema - FUTmas Muriel

    Prime SBC Costa

    SCR Deulofeu - Dembele

    FUTmas Paulinho

    Alba- Umtiti-Varane-SIF Vrsaljko

    TOTGS ter Stegen

    4-1-2-1-2 wide.

    I really enjoy my time in FIFA now.

    Saving for Messi.

    Have a similar squad and perhaps having the most fun I've had in awhile.


    433

    SCR Deulofeu - TOTGS Ben Yedder - Dembele

    Isco, Saul, FUT Paulinho

    Alba - Umtiti - Pique - SIF Vrsaljko


    I made up my own World Cup Mode

    Play 3 online seasons game, if I get 4 pts, then I get the privilege of going though a round of squad battles and treat that like knockout stage. If I lose one, then I repeat process. Good times, keeps the game fresh

    I think all the complaints of this game not being fun are from not pros, trying to be pros

  • MiIan
    12402 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017
    Hype!

    Nike fail

    7ef6faab-deeb-4fe3-9c0e-2169d3c772f3.jpg
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    malagacity wrote: »
    no one ever mentions Valverde

    - switching to a 442
    - showing faith in Sergio Roberto, Paco, Vermaelen
    - downplaying political significance in both the Atletico and Real visits (much more important than most think)
    - Dealing with a very annoying board and press amidst their preseason "crisis"

    I had my doubts, but his in-game adjustments this season and balance he has created are all part of their great start. Hope he can keep it up

    He didn't have much of a choice when it came to Vermaelen and he didn't have that much faith in Paco, it was only after he lost faith with Deulofeu that Paco started playing more.

    With that being said, the work he's doing with this poor squad is remarkable. It'd be very interesting to see how the team looks with Dembele and maybe Coutinho. A lot of the midfield balance he's worked on may be gone, so we might see a bit more magic but defensively we could look worse.
  • Dandingooo
    1072 posts Professional
    Rafa Mir, any good? Linked with Madrid went to us, next Ronaldo + Messi?
  • Dandingooo wrote: »
    Rafa Mir, any good? Linked with Madrid went to us, next Ronaldo + Messi?

    no one knows, He is known for being a huge LA Masia signing though. Scored 5 goals a game as a 10 year old.

    For now, I'd say no, but Wolves making some good deals with Iberian nation lately
  • OTW Jan Transfers should be fun and obvious (Costa, Coutinho)

    Diego Costa, 2 goals first two games, injured during 1 celebration, 2nd yellow during another and has got into a couple of fights. LEgend
  • MiIan
    12402 posts Has That Special Something
    Coutinhoooo
  • Retro_G
    29291 posts Player of the Year
    MiIan wrote: »
    Coutinhoooo

    Check the WC thread mate, you need to update the groups.
  • MiIan
    12402 posts Has That Special Something
    Retro_G wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    Coutinhoooo

    Check the WC thread mate, you need to update the groups.

    I'm aware.

    Just didn't have the time yet.
  • CeeQue
    11012 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
  • Pughy30
    26118 posts Player of the Year
  • Choepiechakie
    31581 posts National Team Captain
    Pughy30 wrote: »

    Really hapy with the performance. We staled a bit after Guedes' injury.

    Cant wait now for the 2nd half of the season
  • Choepiechakie
    31581 posts National Team Captain
    Really dont understand the signing from Coq at this point when we have Kondogbia atm. Might be decent as rotation, but would have preferred a more Guedes-esque signing
  • Choepiechakie
    31581 posts National Team Captain
    Anyone seen the sevilla derby? Amazing game
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol at RM
  • holdenwait
    56534 posts National Treasure
    how the tide turns
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    holdenwait wrote: »
    how the tide turns

    The only thing I can think of is RM peaked last year, winning the competition and the CL twice in a row. Once you’ll peak, there will be a downfall sooner or later
  • Kingy
    2257 posts Fans' Favourite
    @RealM How many points do you think Barca will finish ahead of Real? 15?
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just saw the highlights... 2 penalties not given to RM, a goal disallowed while it wasn’t offside and a offside goal for Villareal...
  • Manutelli
    18626 posts World Class
    Robinflex wrote: »
    Just saw the highlights... 2 penalties not given to RM, a goal disallowed while it wasn’t offside and a offside goal for Villareal...

    So basically what normal goes Real their way they now had it going against them. Happens once every 10000 games.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    @Robinflex the Ronaldo penalty shouldn’t have even gotten that far as there was an offside that wasn’t called when the cross came into him. CR7 was shockingly bad and the refs have nothing to do with their inability to finish anything and their total defensive breakdown on the goal. Zidane should have kept Bale and subbed off CR7, but CR7 runs the team so he took off RM’s best player instead, which cost them imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.