Does Valencia deserve a TOTY?

StewParty
4069 posts National Call-Up
edited January 2018
Has he really been that good for United? He didn’t play in the champions league last season and Walker made the PFA TOTY and in my opinion has been better. (I know Im a City fan) But doesn’t the likes of Kimmich, Alves, Carvajal deserve it more? Im worried because he has been in every youtuber’s TOTY (BTW I don’t think Walker should be in it I just think Walker is a better canidate)

Comments

• nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    Realize that most of these nobs' votes will have little to do with real life performance. Most of them probably don't watch many real matches because they're busy playing FIFA. On FIFA, Valencia is great. Hence, in most youtuber's TOTY's.
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Absolutely not
  • Dawud123
    562 posts Sunday League Hero
    Carvajal has been the best rb of 2017
  • Robbenhood
    1434 posts Professional
    Dawud123 wrote: »

• Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Probably biased as a utd fan but I do consider myself quite an objective football fan. Personally Valencia was miles better than walker this year (and has been super for 3 years without huge amount of credit, which is crazy given he was so poor when he started in that position). I don't watch enough Madrid but Carvajal never stands out when I do. Although if he was playing RB Azpilicueta would be a lock

My personal toty would be
    Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB
    Marcelo Ramos Azpil Valencia
    De Gea (he's the best but Buffon did better club season wise)

• WFCBagnall
    77410 posts Moderator
    City fan thinking Walker is better. Shock horror.
  • Choepiechakie
    32819 posts National Team Captain
    Probably biased as a utd fan but I do consider myself quite an objective football fan. Personally Valencia was miles better than walker this year (and has been super for 3 years without huge amount of credit, which is crazy given he was so poor when he started in that position). I don't watch enough Madrid but Carvajal never stands out when I do. Although if he was playing RB Azpilicueta would be a lock

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

Casemiro is even a bigger donkey than Lukaku ffs
  • Martythedoc

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

I personally think he adds so much to Madrid. He balances the team in the same way kante does at Chelsea but Madrid did so well I put him above kante this year
  • Choepiechakie
    edited January 2018

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

I personally think he adds so much to Madrid. He balances the team in the same way kante does at Chelsea but Madrid did so well I put him above kante this year

Toty is not about a balanced team, but the best players.
  • Martythedoc

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

I'm not saying he balances the team of the year. I'm saying as a key player in a strong Madrid team I feel he deserves it as a result. The midfield doesn't all have to be attackers
  • Choepiechakie

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

I'm not saying he balances the team of the year. I'm saying as a key player in a strong Madrid team I feel he deserves it as a result. The midfield doesn't all have to be attackers

Cmon now, putting Casemiro in there is just taking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️, the guy is an improved coquelin ffs
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    edited January 2018
    No, he doesn't. Was superb in 16/17 but he has been mediocre this season. Carvajal deserves it over him.
  • Martythedoc

Zlatan... I jest

Ronaldo Kane Messi
    Modric Casermio KDB

Cmon now, putting Casemiro in there is just taking the ****, the guy is an improved coquelin ffs

So is kante, so was mackele, so was veira.

I feel he was a key player, in the best team last year and Madrid would have been seriously weakned without him
  • Retro_G
    32746 posts National Team Captain
    Valencia was already nominated for the real TOTY, yes he was better than Walker, helped his team win two major trophies.
  • Krislar
    450 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tbh it's almost impossible to pick certain players, like Rb, if I had to pick one i'd probably say Alves.... but that's based off of seeing a few champions league games of Juve and the odd highlight reel of PSG...

To say absolutely someone is the right back of the year you need to have regularly watched all of the candidates, and really very few people can say that, that's why I think these things should always be left to the football writers/journalists etc who watch them day in, day out for a living.

That said here's hoping for Alex Sandro at Lb, he'd fit my team perfectly!! :D
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No he doesn't. Simple as. Far better defenders than him and the whole vote isn't positioned-based either, because you could vote for 4 CB's (who could be the best defenders) if you wanted.
  • Choepiechakie
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Valencia was already nominated for the real TOTY, yes he was better than Walker, helped his team win two major trophies.

Retro is such a good troll, ngl
  • Vezzo
    1170 posts Professional
    Robbenhood wrote: »
    Dawud123 wrote: »

This
  • Sirin
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    The best RB in the prem, but not in the world so no he should not get a TOTY.

I wouldnt mind it if he got it though, will be a brilliant card.
  • Retro_G wrote: »
    Don't breed.
  • Retro_G

Deadly serious, you're a typically let's hate on Valencia, because he is a United player troll.

• Retro_G
    Don't breed.

Hush kiddo, get educated!
  • finsfan85
    13232 posts Has That Special Something

Deadly serious, you're a typically let's hate on Valencia, because he is a United player troll.

The irony
  • Retro_G wrote: »
    Don't breed.

Get ❤️❤️❤️❤️!
  • exzoo
    32104 posts National Team Captain

Give it a rest fella, try to be likeable for once.
  • Choepiechakie

I was talking about the two major trophies
  • Tornado31619
    20613 posts Club Captain
    Don't breed.

Get ❤️❤️❤️❤️!

Sigh.
  • Tornado31619
    20613 posts Club Captain
    On topic, I’d say the world’s best RB plays in Manchester.
  • Retro_G
    exzoo wrote: »

Give it a rest fella, try to be likeable for once.

I try to be helpful, honest, unlike a lot of the trolls on here.

MMd_EY.gif
  • exzoo
    32104 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 2018
    On topic, I’d say the world’s best RB plays in Manchester.

You wanted him to be replaced all summer long though?

He putting up good squawka stats this season?