Bergkamp#s shot

Viggo 007
12248 posts Has That Special Something
Have yet to have a player that scores every cross keeper shot goal.

I've tried plenty of high rated players but he scores those type of goals where you're facing the corner flag and aim at the far post, he scores them consistently. Other players have to face a certain angle yet Bergkamp can face the corner flag and he will adjust perfectly to take the shot

Henry can't do that, SIF Dybala can't do that either because keepers save it or they take a off balance shot

I've checked his in game stats and I don't see anything that can explain that

f92b2ff907341a7f67e8dd0d582c868b.jpg

So my question, is this the "Outside Foot Shot" trait? That would explain it although I thought that was Trivela type shot

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    Clinical finisher sounds more like it though.

I have the loan version and I agree. His shots don’t match up with the angle his body is facing sometimes.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    I dunno about any traits etc... all I know is he ripped me a new one in the 1st 2 WL games I played this week! Felt like quitting!
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    I have no idea what it is but he’s got that 95 composure. The shots are ridiculous, he’s something special for me. I try shots I would never dare with other cards but he just pulls them off and the unpredictability just catches everyone off guard. Over the top first time volleys outside the box? Bergkamp got it. Low driven with two defenders blocking the shot and keeper in net? He just slots them. If he’s this good I can’t imagine what it would be like to use R9. It would be cheating
  • Viggo 007
    Thrillho wrote: »
    I have no idea what it is but he’s got that 95 composure. The shots are ridiculous, he’s something special for me. I try shots I would never dare with other cards but he just pulls them off and the unpredictability just catches everyone off guard. Over the top first time volleys outside the box? Bergkamp got it. Low driven with two defenders blocking the shot and keeper in net? He just slots them. If he’s this good I can’t imagine what it would be like to use R9. It would be cheating

Don't think it's the composure, I tried ADP who has 93 composure and he didn't have that particularity
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

Don't think it's the composure, I tried ADP who has 93 composure and he didn't have that particularity

I can’t figure it out but I like it. Definitely the mainstay cam til 18 dies for me. Wouldn’t even replace him with 95 Messi if I had the chance.

• Bas
    1423 posts Professional
    Made the sbc last night. Cant wait to try him.
  • Viggo 007
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

I can’t figure it out but I like it. Definitely the mainstay cam til 18 dies for me. Wouldn’t even replace him with 95 Messi if I had the chance.

Yeah, he started slow for me. Took me time to get used to his shot because most players are better with little power. Bergkamp is better if you blast it even if going for near post. Unique shot
  • LenKikk
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    How much did the sbc cost you guys?
  • HelloDearie
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    So you would recommend him then? He would be my whole budget to do his SBC, but I loved his 87, and he would be CF for me in 4411.
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    LenKikk wrote: »
    How much did the sbc cost you guys?
    around 750k. Had a few untradeables which were handy but I took advantage of the TOTY pre crash and picked up some good deals. I had already sold my starting 11 and a few special cards but when I did the math I realised I probably wasn’t going to have a cheaper/better opportunity to get the only icon I ever wanted. No regrets doing it at all.

• Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional
    So you would recommend him then? He would be my whole budget to do his SBC, but I loved his 87, and he would be CF for me in 4411.

Depends on how strong your team is and if you can build an OP team around him til you save up again. I did it and I actually enjoy playing the game again. Bergkamps not only insanely good, he’s a fun player to use

• Viggo 007

Yeah, although u need other good players cause your best player if he's a star will be marked all the time
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner

What chem style are you using on him ???
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Not impressed by bergkamp sofar but only played 9 games in weekend league with him. Hagi feels better.
  • Thrillho
    1116 posts Professional

What chem style are you using on him ???

Slapped that hunter on him bud.

• duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yet again its all about styles. Vigo is super happy with Bergkamp and i was happy my 20 loan games finally ended and i was able to remove him from the club :) Its all about positions, people gameplay, level people play and expectations they have from the cards. Many factors when one will love and 2nd hate card
  • HysxteriA
    4293 posts National Call-Up
    The only factor is don't play him at CAM aha play him at striker! Completely a different animal at striker.
  • Toontink
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I know what you mean using the 87 at cam and wow his shooting is incredible.
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner
    I'm trying the loan in WL. 5 games so far and 2 goals/2 assists.
    Good but not great. I have Maestro on him (96 ig at CAM), will try hunter or hawk...
  • Trying to decide between mainly he or prime adp at cam for my 41212 to use. Can’t decide who to get :(
  • Dutch007
    3470 posts National Call-Up
    Plan on doing the SBC to play him as striker in 4231 Wide. Which striker can you compare him with ingame?
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've been using 90 Bergkamp at CAM and really enjoying him. What I have noticed is that he isn't racking up the stats in terms or goals or assists but he's really fun to play with and I feel like he is running the game for me. Highly recommend if you want a good player but sometimes his stats won't reflect how good he is IG.
  • Nervous_Nick
    7195 posts League Winner
    n2j2000 wrote: »
    I've been using 90 Bergkamp at CAM and really enjoying him. What I have noticed is that he isn't racking up the stats in terms or goals or assists but he's really fun to play with and I feel like he is running the game for me. Highly recommend if you want a good player but sometimes his stats won't reflect how good he is IG.

Exactly...not many goals or assists but i haven't lost a match since he's in my team...
  • reconskill
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    n2j2000 wrote: »

He is doing quite the opposite for me. Scoring atleast 2+ almost every match. I've figured out last night to just shoot when he has space, his shot is ridiculous.
  • Viggo 007
    This is the type of shot I mean

I can't score while facing corner flag and aiming at far post with any other player. Although this clip doesn't bring him justice due to the open space I had, wish I recorded the ridiculous angles with tight spaces he scored
  • Gorda
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    21 games in wl with bergkamp now, 18 Goals and 10 assist, his good :smile:
  • Lusitania
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2018
    First of all, one thing I have learned after more than 600 games with Rui Costa is that you shouldn´t use a M/M as a CAM or CF. Many times my striker feels isolated because a M/M player will sit too deep on the field. And even a stay forward instruction won´t always cut it. I believe that is why many feel that Bergkamp feels better as a Striker, as long as he won´t be a lonely striker.

I haven´t used him but I´m considering making his SBC for my 4-3-1-2. As a CAM, for around the same price you would be better served from someone like 87 Del Piero or Hazard.
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lusitania wrote: »
    First of all, one thing I have learned after more than 600 games with Rui Costa is that you shouldn´t use a M/M as a CAM or CF. Many times my striker feels isolated because a M/M player will sit too deep on the field. And even a stay forward instruction won´t always cut it. I believe that is why many feel that Bergkamp feels better as a Striker, as long as he won´t be a lonely striker.

I haven´t used him but I´m considering making his SBC for my 4-3-1-2. As a CAM, for around the same price you would be better served from someone like 87 Del Piero or Hazard.

Exactly