Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Couchy wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    While all of you were busy arguing about spending money, budget signings Son and Obiang were scoring screamers.

And £60m Morata missed 4 sitters yesterday, funny old game isn’t it finsfan85

And still has a better goals per game ratio than £75m Lukaku. Yes. It is funny.

Maths not your strong point? Prem and Champs league;

Morata has 11 in 24
    Lukaku has 14 in 27

Maths not your strong point?

Lukaku scores a goal every 167 minutes.

Morata scores a goal every 162 minutes.

This includes PL and CL.

If we include assists, then Lukaku has scores/assists every 129 minutes.

Morata steals the show with a goal or assist every 119 minutes.

Sit the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    While all of you were busy arguing about spending money, budget signings Son and Obiang were scoring screamers.

Morata has 11 in 24
    Lukaku has 14 in 27

This includes PL and CL.

Sit the **** down.

Tragic you have to break it down to minutes :joy: this just shows Morata can’t finish a game.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Lingard has a better mins per goal ratio than both.

Lingard >
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    SDoofus wrote: »

Morata has 11 in 24
    Lukaku has 14 in 27

This includes PL and CL.

Sit the **** down.

Tragic you have to break it down to minutes :joy: this just shows Morata can’t finish a game.

No, it shows that Morata scores goals at a more regular rate than Lukaku. So in the end, you were wrong. Lukaku doesn't have a better goal rate than Morata, nor does he have a better goal/assist rate than Morata.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    34866 posts World Cup Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Just because City have a better squad and Pep spent more since he’s come, doesn’t mean everyone/we HAVE to spend just as much or more to compete with them.

That’s just nonsense. That’s not how football works

So what, we hope for another Leicester miracle to happen? This City team is so far ahead of any team in the league and most of Europe.

Please explain how we/anyone are to close the gap without spending money? Because if you can, you’d be the best paid person in football.

Still waiting @XxRichiexRichxX

Genuinely never saw that comment.

You’re completely over exaggerating my comments on not needing to spend. 300m should be MORE than enough to see us compete. But you guys are acting like our squad is pure **** and it’s not. Yeah we’ve got some deadwood that needs to be shipped out but overall we have a good enough squad that we can properly compete. It might not be easy, but it’s entirely possible.

Better tactics and preparation going into games. I refuse to believe based on how we’ve been grinding out what should be easy games that there’s a really heavy focus on attacking. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of attacking gameplan going into games offensively with us outside of spamming crosses in the box whenever Lukaku/Ibra are in the line up.

It’s nonsense to sit there and think that we have to match/spend more than City to compete. If you truly believe that, then Mourinho is not as good of a manager as you think he is.

So if £300m is more than enough, why didn’t Pep stop there? Why exactly did he continue to spend and has so far spent £416m? And why is he looking at Umtitti at another £50m?

Are you still thinking? @XxRichiexRichxX

We don’t have to have a squad thats equal to our competition to beat them. That’s the point I’m trying to make and you’re deflecting from because Mourinho wants to cry to the media about how he needs more money to spend despite the fact that he’s been given more money that most of the clubs in the league will allow their teams to spend. There are managers out their dreaming that they had 300m+ per summer transfer window to spend. Mourinho has it and he sulks and cries cuz he thinks it’s not enough. That’s ridiculous. Yeah we are a big club in the PL so we get held for ransom at times, but so does all the other big clubs in the PL and they seem to have no issues getting a solid deal on great players. It’s been proven time and time again over recent years, and definitely during he SAF era that with great managing, you don’t need to shell out a fortunate every window. Mourinho’s just being a lazy child about it all. I’ve no doubt that if he leaves United without a title he’ll blame the board, which in turn will leave you and the rest of the cult crying over the board as well. Mourinho just needs to take responsibility and accept he’s got some of his transfers wrong and didn’t go after the right personnel. The guy got 7 out of his 8 (9 if you could Griez, though I don’t think we get Lukaku if we got Griez) transfer targets.

Ever heard of a paragraph!?

I asked you very clear questions...

So if £300m is more than enough, why didn’t Pep stop there? Why exactly did he continue to spend and has so far spent £416m? And why is he looking at Umtitti at another £50m?

You wanted an answer so bad that you tagged me. I gave my answer. If you don’t like it, then jog on pal.

You haven’t answered any of my questions...

I wonder why that is!? You make these BS comments and have nothing to back it up :joy::joy:

you’re right actually. I apologize. I just realized I deleted the direct answer to your question and responded directly to the point you were attempting to prove.

As a response to your questions. Why should he stop trying to improve the squad if he’s given the ability? Look at all of his transfers he’s made with the club and how young most of them are. He’s bought a couple of players to go directly into the starting 11, but many for the future. Umtiti is 24, Kompany is pretty much done, so it makes perfect sense why he’s going after Umititi. No manager is just going to stop buying if they have the funds. Pros clearly prepping for the future, unfortunately for us.

Oh so it's ok for Pep to keep spending, although Jose's squad is good enough to compete.
    Just because City have a better squad and Pep spent more since he’s come, doesn’t mean everyone/we HAVE to spend just as much or more to compete with them.

So what, we hope for another Leicester miracle to happen? This City team is so far ahead of any team in the league and most of Europe.

Please explain how we/anyone are to close the gap without spending money? Because if you can, you’d be the best paid person in football.

You’re completely over exaggerating my comments on not needing to spend. 300m should be MORE than enough to see us compete. But you guys are acting like our squad is pure **** and it’s not. Yeah we’ve got some deadwood that needs to be shipped out but overall we have a good enough squad that we can properly compete. It might not be easy, but it’s entirely possible.

Better tactics and preparation going into games. I refuse to believe based on how we’ve been grinding out what should be easy games that there’s a really heavy focus on attacking. There doesn’t seem to be any sort of attacking gameplan going into games offensively with us outside of spamming crosses in the box whenever Lukaku/Ibra are in the line up.

It’s nonsense to sit there and think that we have to match/spend more than City to compete. If you truly believe that, then Mourinho is not as good of a manager as you think he is.

We don’t have to have a squad thats equal to our competition to beat them. That’s the point I’m trying to make and you’re deflecting from because Mourinho wants to cry to the media about how he needs more money to spend despite the fact that he’s been given more money that most of the clubs in the league will allow their teams to spend. There are managers out their dreaming that they had 300m+ per summer transfer window to spend. Mourinho has it and he sulks and cries cuz he thinks it’s not enough. That’s ridiculous. Yeah we are a big club in the PL so we get held for ransom at times, but so does all the other big clubs in the PL and they seem to have no issues getting a solid deal on great players. It’s been proven time and time again over recent years, and definitely during he SAF era that with great managing, you don’t need to shell out a fortunate every window. Mourinho’s just being a lazy child about it all. I’ve no doubt that if he leaves United without a title he’ll blame the board, which in turn will leave you and the rest of the cult crying over the board as well. Mourinho just needs to take responsibility and accept he’s got some of his transfers wrong and didn’t go after the right personnel. The guy got 7 out of his 8 (9 if you could Griez, though I don’t think we get Lukaku if we got Griez) transfer targets.

You wanted an answer so bad that you tagged me. I gave my answer. If you don’t like it, then jog on pal.

I wonder why that is!? You make these BS comments and have nothing to back it up :joy::joy:

you’re right actually. I apologize. I just realized I deleted the direct answer to your question and responded directly to the point you were attempting to prove.

As a response to your questions. Why should he stop trying to improve the squad if he’s given the ability? Look at all of his transfers he’s made with the club and how young most of them are. He’s bought a couple of players to go directly into the starting 11, but many for the future. Umtiti is 24, Kompany is pretty much done, so it makes perfect sense why he’s going after Umititi. No manager is just going to stop buying if they have the funds.

Good answers.

So, why should Mourinho stop trying to improve the squad? Mourinhos transfers so far have all been young and for the first team (except Ibra and Mkhi) Mourinho is now saying he needs to spend more, much like Guardiola says he needs to buy Umtitti.

Do you see where this is going?

LOL. And this is the 2nd half of my response that I edited out because I knew exactly where you were going with it.

My entire point is that those whole spending nonsense is just an excuse by Mourinho. We don’t need to shell out more than 300m just to COMPETE with City in the league. That’s ridiculous. Mourinho is just shifting the focus and looking for excuses and you guys are eating that **** up. Mourinho just needs to do a better job as a manager. He’s currently just being lazy and looking for the easiest way to success. He even said that their spending “makes it HARD to compete”. Of course it’s harder but it’s far from impossible. There are plenty of examples of teams succeeding against teams that have spent a fortune on their squads.

Mourinho was supposedly given 200m each of the summers he’s had so far, I want to say he was given more in one of them, and he’s spend less than 150m in each summer. Mourinho only has himself to blame he could have easily gone it and grabbed 1-2 more players in each of the Windows, but HE chose not too (outside Perisic snubbing him for a new contract)

Yeah I was going to address this as well. So can we agree that you were wrong in saying £300m is more than enough?

As clearly we AND the rest of the league do need to spend more than this to compete - as Man City themselves spent more than £300m to be in this position in the first place.

Mourinho is stating that they need to spend more than 300m to compete with City and it’s simply not true.

Richie, we have just been through this. Keep up!

It is true, the fact that City have spent £416m is clear evidence of this...

How can you not see that while City have spent MORE THAN ANY OTHER CLUB. Any arguement that X club doesn’t need to spend more money is hypocritical and completely wrong.

You really are dense aren't you? How are you not at least understand what I'm trying to say? It's pretty clear.

I really don't understand how hard it is to comprehend that you don't have to sit there and match/exceed the spend of a club to compete with that club. If the manager of the club that isn't spending is good enough, then he can get the team to compete with the team. I don't understand where the disconnect is.

Like I said, Mourinho cries to the media and you eat it up. He's genuinely looking for the absolute easiest route to the title by suggesting that the club HAVE to match City's spend. No we don't. Give us a damn manager that'll get the best out of the team and guarantee the gap would be closer. Our starting 11 and a few from the bench are not bad enough that we need a complete overhaul like some have suggested.

There are loads of clubs that have done it... Look at Monaco, Dortmund did it before Bayern bought half their team, Napoli is on par with Juve despite Juve outspending them by quite a margin and buying their best ST. They've all just been better coached.
    Gervonta wrote: »
    So basically you’ve come to the conclusion that no matter who the coach is if you spend more than anyone else you’ll win the leauge ? You can win titles without having to fork out massive sums of money.

You have to spend the money correctly.

City paid 50mill for the leauges best right and arguably the best young left back in Europe last season. £43mill Arguably one of the best young playmakers in Europe.
    £45mill was it ? For a young goalkeeper who fitted the style pep wanted to play. And a back up utility player for what £20mill was it ?

United paid £31mill for a unknown from Portugal with what ? 1 season of first team football under his belt , £40mill for a CDM approaching 30. And £75mill for a striker that everyone knew struggles against the big sides.

There’s many players you could of got or atleast tried for with those prices. I mean even Chelsea picked kante up for £32mill last season why didn’t mourinho swoop in for him? A younger better dm instead of paying over the odds for an older DM ? Bad recruitment.

Absolutely not.

But when the team at the top - by a record amount, have spent more than any other team in the league, people cannot be critical of the teams who have spent FAR less.

And you are correct, you can win titles without having to fork out massive amounts but that’s not what City have done is it. If they were top having spent the same OR less than the rest then I wouldn’t be saying anything on the subject.

But just because they've done it this season, doesn't mean we HAVE to match their spend. If you think that the sole reason they are running away with the league this year is 100% down to them spending then you're delusional
    So basically you’ve come to the conclusion that no matter who the coach is if you spend more than anyone else you’ll win the leauge ? You can win titles without having to fork out massive sums of money.

City paid 50mill for the leauges best right and arguably the best young left back in Europe last season. £43mill Arguably one of the best young playmakers in Europe.
    £45mill was it ? For a young goalkeeper who fitted the style pep wanted to play. And a back up utility player for what £20mill was it ?

United paid £31mill for a unknown from Portugal with what ? 1 season of first team football under his belt , £40mill for a CDM approaching 30. And £75mill for a striker that everyone knew struggles against the big sides.

There’s many players you could of got or atleast tried for with those prices. I mean even Chelsea picked kante up for £32mill last season why didn’t mourinho swoop in for him? A younger better dm instead of paying over the odds for an older DM ? Bad recruitment.

Absolutely not.

But when the team at the top - by a record amount, have spent more than any other team in the league, people cannot be critical of the teams who have spent FAR less.

And you are correct, you can win titles without having to fork out massive amounts but that’s not what City have done is it. If they were top having spent the same OR less than the rest then I wouldn’t be saying anything on the subject.

Their net spend was £2.1mill more than United.....they spent big but they’ve got rid of their dead wood. Jose is just buys without selling.

What area's of the pitch did Pep need to spend in. Did he need an elite striker? Nope, he had Aguero, could chance a kid. Did he need an elite midfielder? Nope, he had De Bruyne, Silva. Now this might be a shock for you, but the general concensus is that defenders, GK's are generally cheaper than Midfielder's, attackers. Add to the fact that City are not regarded as a big club, so they get feel sorry prices.

:joy::joy: they spent over 100M on Stones and walker... how's that "feel sorry prices"????? They just simply went after the right players. Even when we were linked with B Silva, we were being quoted the same price if not less than what City paid for.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Too early to know who was the better purchase, both players have had a shaky start. Big Rom does an awful lot off the ball though, he will come good.

heyyy someone that has the same view of the pair as me @Couchy make sure you hurl dumb insults at him
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Sellish wrote: »
    A United fan thinks Lukaku is better and a Chelsea fan thinks Morata is better.

Shocker.

@Couchy twisting an argument around to fit his narrative... shocker.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

As a response to your questions. Why should he stop trying to improve the squad if he’s given the ability? Look at all of his transfers he’s made with the club and how young most of them are. He’s bought a couple of players to go directly into the starting 11, but many for the future. Umtiti is 24, Kompany is pretty much done, so it makes perfect sense why he’s going after Umititi. No manager is just going to stop buying if they have the funds. Pros clearly prepping for the future, unfortunately for us.

Oh so it's ok for Pep to keep spending, although Jose's squad is good enough to compete.

As a response to your questions. Why should he stop trying to improve the squad if he’s given the ability? Look at all of his transfers he’s made with the club and how young most of them are. He’s bought a couple of players to go directly into the starting 11, but many for the future. Umtiti is 24, Kompany is pretty much done, so it makes perfect sense why he’s going after Umititi. No manager is just going to stop buying if they have the funds.

Good answers.

So, why should Mourinho stop trying to improve the squad? Mourinhos transfers so far have all been young and for the first team (except Ibra and Mkhi) Mourinho is now saying he needs to spend more, much like Guardiola says he needs to buy Umtitti.

Do you see where this is going?

LOL. And this is the 2nd half of my response that I edited out because I knew exactly where you were going with it.

My entire point is that those whole spending nonsense is just an excuse by Mourinho. We don’t need to shell out more than 300m just to COMPETE with City in the league. That’s ridiculous. Mourinho is just shifting the focus and looking for excuses and you guys are eating that **** up. Mourinho just needs to do a better job as a manager. He’s currently just being lazy and looking for the easiest way to success. He even said that their spending “makes it HARD to compete”. Of course it’s harder but it’s far from impossible. There are plenty of examples of teams succeeding against teams that have spent a fortune on their squads.

Mourinho was supposedly given 200m each of the summers he’s had so far, I want to say he was given more in one of them, and he’s spend less than 150m in each summer. Mourinho only has himself to blame he could have easily gone it and grabbed 1-2 more players in each of the Windows, but HE chose not too (outside Perisic snubbing him for a new contract)

Yeah I was going to address this as well. So can we agree that you were wrong in saying £300m is more than enough?

As clearly we AND the rest of the league do need to spend more than this to compete - as Man City themselves spent more than £300m to be in this position in the first place.

Mourinho is stating that they need to spend more than 300m to compete with City and it’s simply not true.

Richie, we have just been through this. Keep up!

It is true, the fact that City have spent £416m is clear evidence of this...

How can you not see that while City have spent MORE THAN ANY OTHER CLUB. Any arguement that X club doesn’t need to spend more money is hypocritical and completely wrong.

You really are dense aren't you? How are you not at least understand what I'm trying to say? It's pretty clear.

I really don't understand how hard it is to comprehend that you don't have to sit there and match/exceed the spend of a club to compete with that club. If the manager of the club that isn't spending is good enough, then he can get the team to compete with the team. I don't understand where the disconnect is.

Like I said, Mourinho cries to the media and you eat it up. He's genuinely looking for the absolute easiest route to the title by suggesting that the club HAVE to match City's spend. No we don't. Give us a damn manager that'll get the best out of the team and guarantee the gap would be closer. Our starting 11 and a few from the bench are not bad enough that we need a complete overhaul like some have suggested.

There are loads of clubs that have done it... Look at Monaco, Dortmund did it before Bayern bought half their team, Napoli is on par with Juve despite Juve outspending them by quite a margin and buying their best ST. They've all just been better coached.

Absolutely not.

But just because they've done it this season, doesn't mean we HAVE to match their spend. If you think that the sole reason they are running away with the league this year is 100% down to them spending then you're delusional

Absolutely not.

Their net spend was £2.1mill more than United.....they spent big but they’ve got rid of their dead wood. Jose is just buys without selling.

What area's of the pitch did Pep need to spend in. Did he need an elite striker? Nope, he had Aguero, could chance a kid. Did he need an elite midfielder? Nope, he had De Bruyne, Silva. Now this might be a shock for you, but the general concensus is that defenders, GK's are generally cheaper than Midfielder's, attackers. Add to the fact that City are not regarded as a big club, so they get feel sorry prices.

:joy::joy: they spent over 100M on Stones and walker... how's that "feel sorry prices"????? They just simply went after the right players. Even when we were linked with B Silva, we were being quoted the same price if not less than what City paid for.

Yes and you don’t HAVE to use a boat cross the channel but it makes it a lot easier.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Lol.. I'm done with you lot.The Mourinho cult is right. We HAVE to spend the same amount of money as City to compete with them :joy::joy: There's absolutely no other option. We just absolutely can't compete with them in the league if we don't match their spending at @Couchy seems to imply. Mourinho's perfect with his outdated tactics, it's entirely the player's faults when we get stuck to the point that we are just pinging in crosses hoping for the best. It's not Mourinho's fault that he asked for just 4 signings in each of the summer window's and got 7 of those 8.

GG.

:joy:

I don't think I've ever argued with so many fellow fans prior to Mourinho taking over the club and the Mourinho cult forming.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Lol.. I'm done with you lot.The Mourinho cult is right. We HAVE to spend the same amount of money as City to compete with them :joy::joy: There's absolutely no other option. We just absolutely can't compete with them in the league if we don't match their spending at @Couchy seems to imply. Mourinho's perfect with his outdated tactics, it's entirely the player's faults when we get stuck to the point that we are just pinging in crosses hoping for the best. It's not Mourinho's fault that he asked for just 4 signings in each of the summer window's and got 7 of those 8.

GG.

I don't think I've ever argued with so many fellow fans prior to Mourinho taking over the club and the Mourinho cult forming.

Answer me this. Who in your opinion is currently the best manager in the world?
  • XxRichiexRichxX

GG.

Not even going to bother. You've got an opinion in your head, if mine doesn't match, you'll start an ridiculous argument and hurl insults because you struggle to accept someone else's opinion.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018

GG.

Pep, that is obvious. Even I who dislike him can admit that.

With the right money, he can do whatever he want.
  • Shane
    edited January 2018
    The best managers don't need the "right money" imo.
  • Sellish
    10206 posts Has That Special Something
    Shane wrote: »

I agree. That's why Poch is one of the best managers out there.
    But when Pep get his money, he is a class above everyone else.

Give Mou 300m more and he will still not be able to do what Pep is doing sadly.
  • Shane

I agree with that, I think with unlimited funds Pep is probably the best and most proven manager in world football.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Agreed,

Completely agree.
  • Ahmer50x
    31388 posts National Team Captain
    This thread is cancer.
  • Enguin
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    Enguin wrote: »
    Delete the club.
  • Sloosh
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    brain worms
  • Shane
    Think it's time to close this thread

@Fab
  • Gervonta
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    I can’t believe the war you’ve started here by picking pep/poch over Jose “I need £1billion to compete” Mourinho.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner

Fully agree with this. This is exactly my point.

To expect ANY manager to be able to close the gap without spending at least the same as what Pep has is ludicrous.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain

We don't know how wise Poch would be with an open checkbook. Look at LVG, the awful signings he bought.
  • Gervonta
    Yeah I agree nothing to do with tactics tbf mourinho needs to spend the same as pep to compete in the league.

Mourinho really has got in your head. You don’t need to match someone’s spending to compete with them. Tottenham are 6 points off United atm without spending as much as united and I highly expect them to over take United come the end of the season like they finished above united last season.

What will be your excuse then ? Mourinho needs to spend more to come above Tottenham?.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Yeah I agree nothing to do with tactics tbf mourinho needs to spend the same as pep to compete in the league.

Mourinho really has got in your head. You don’t need to match someone’s spending to compete with them. Tottenham are 6 points off United atm without spending as much as united and I highly expect them to over take United come the end of the season like they finished above united last season.

What will be your excuse then ? Mourinho needs to spend more to come above Tottenham?.

Stop reaching. People are getting upset. We must all have the same opinion, like lemmings.
  • Retro_G

Mourinho is the kind of manager that needs to spend, he will bring you silverware with an open checkbook. Love how you think Poch is tactical genius who doesn't need to spend, when he has no trophies to show for his time at Spurs. Get real man, Jose is serial winner with a proven track record.
  • Gervonta
    Just wondering what the excuse will be when a team with less spending close the gap on 2nd and end up finishing above united despite united spending more money ?
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Just wondering what the excuse will be when a team with less spending close the gap on 2nd and end up finishing above united despite united spending more money ?

There won’t be an excuse.

It will mean Mourinho hasn’t done a good enough job.
  • Retro_G

Can you walk on water too?

giphy_24.gif