False advertising?

iWilshere_19
2010 posts Fans' Favourite
I’ve opened loads over the years and had loads of packs where my best player is an 81 rated who I’ve never heard of..

az0br.jpg

Comments

• King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    No no its not. It says 12 rares all gold, that to them is considered top rated
  • iWilshere_19
    2010 posts Fans' Favourite

So Wilfred zaha is top rated unique player?
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite

Simple way seen by EA is 6 categories:

Non rare Bronze
    Rare Bronze
    Non rare Silver
    Rare Silver
    Non rare gold
    Rare gold.

Ea are giving you a slice of the good stuff they way they see it. Of course Zaha is way below par but it's not false advertising.
  • jbunnerz
    1287 posts Professional

geeez this again. Yes 12 unique players. And yes top rated as gold rare is the highest base rating. Snore
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11313 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2018
    I used to think the same as a 75 rated gold didn't seem unique or top rated to me but when you actually think how many players are in the game between bronze, silver and gold then in reality rare gold cards are actually the most unique top rated cards in the game.

Ps but ea do happily false advertise and nothing is ever done about it look at last week they advertised prime icons to be in packs and forgot to put them in then denied the claims and added them 5 or 6 hours later.
  • VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    False advertising? maybe, but it is definitely poor grammar.

"most" unique?

Unique is a binary concept. Something is either unique or it isn't.

The correct term to use would be "most rare"
  • BiigDee
    4339 posts National Call-Up
    They are full of people with "do what they want any get away " badges. I have proof of their customer service telling me there was an error with the primes going into packs but she wasn't allowed to do anything to reimburse me for money spent.
  • ml1dch
    1411 posts Professional
    VagisilFC wrote: »

"most" unique?

A minor correction to an otherwise excellent post, it's poor semantics rather than poor grammar.
  • VagisilFC
    1417 posts Play-Off Hero
    ml1dch wrote: »
    VagisilFC wrote: »

"most" unique?

A minor correction to an otherwise excellent post, it's poor semantics rather than poor grammar.

No correction needed really as semantics is one part of grammar.
  • princeapalia
    1041 posts Professional
    I’ve opened over 2 million coins worth of packs, and my only 2 players of note were Hummels and Benzema. The pack weight is garbage this year, although I have my reasons to believe pack weights are manipulated on an account-to-account basis based on factors like account age etc
  • pudgyfudgy
    5512 posts Big Money Move
    If you took this to court, the usual procedure would be to test how an "ordinary and rational person" would interpret it. This is the usual legal test for things like slander and copyrights.

In this case, the first sentence may be slightly ambiguous and possibly misleading, but EA have covered their backsides with the second sentence, which spells out exactly what's in the pack. The first sentence can therefore be considered "decorative" text.

So I'd say it's cunning marketing within legal limits. But perhaps pushing the boundaries a little on the ethics side of things.