Git gud

JV24601
1148 posts Professional
I’ll keep asking as it’s said a lot...... how do I git gud?
Or git better I should say?

Still haven’t ever picked any advice up that’s worked for me on YouTube or anywhere else.

Anybody else care to share their stories of what made them improve?

Comments

• Thorny
    1415 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stay calm and composed. Also, delay your passes and take your time on the ball.
  • Toontink
    194 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you play weekend league?
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Toontink wrote: »
    Do you play weekend league?

I had done until the last month. Averaged mid 20s until I missed a week then haven’t qualified since and barely won a game!
  • Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    I have improved my game by simply just not sprinting. Sounds like an easy tip but it’s true, I pass better and play better. Defensively I don’t pull my CBs up anymore and it has helped. I do want to improve more
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    JV24601 wrote: »

Still haven’t ever picked any advice up that’s worked for me on YouTube or anywhere else.

You need to change your play style but in doing that give up any future enjoyment of this game unfortunately that be your only option
  • Xguti002
    2020 posts Fans' Favourite
    Have you watched boraslegend? I’ve picked up quite a few things from him. At the end of the day concentration also plays a key part. For me I was scoring goals but was conceding far too many so I had to work on my defense
  • mhh1981
    3694 posts National Call-Up
    Robg wrote: »

You need to change your play style but in doing that give up any future enjoyment of this game unfortunately that be your only option

Last year i was a hell of a lot better than i am this year - cant say ive 100% found the right formation yet either. 4321 was great for me last year but this year it just isnt working. Play with different forms is my input
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I have improved my game by simply just not sprinting. Sounds like an easy tip but it’s true, I pass better and play better. Defensively I don’t pull my CBs up anymore and it has helped. I do want to improve more

This is a great place to start....
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    As I've been reading in another thread, you need to start losing, to show you're improving...... :trollface:
  • Donovan86
    2675 posts Fans' Favourite
    Git gud I’m assuming you mean get good
    Kids and there street talk
  • wade_7_
    Donovan86 wrote: »

Their*
  • Donovan86
    wade_7_ wrote: »

Their*

Get a life
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite

Their*

lol burn
  • wade_7_

Their*

Get a life

You're the one bitching about language
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    I’ve tried boraslegend but will give the no sprinting a go.

That’s the question robg - change it how and to what?
  • Donovan86

Their*

Get a life

Yes but mines was a simple mistake, whereas his doesn’t make sense
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    mhh1981 wrote: »

Last year i was a hell of a lot better than i am this year - cant say ive 100% found the right formation yet either. 4321 was great for me last year but this year it just isnt working. Play with different forms is my input

THIS..... have never taken this long to get to grips with a FIFA before, still not sorted it now. Think I need to employ the fake stops and body feint backwards into my game a bit.... the pass and shoot isn't cutting it
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    You can improve certain parts of your game that you may not be seeing consistent success from, such as set pieces. Exploit the OP tactics for them and you will get more goals, more frequently
  • Waspy
    3892 posts National Call-Up
    Footfan wrote: »
    You can improve certain parts of your game that you may not be seeing consistent success from, such as set pieces. Exploit the OP tactics for them and you will get more goals, more frequently

another very good point..... am 100% guilty squandering set pieces etc.

How do you fake shot over a free kick??? and get the player to carry on their run into the box?
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Waspy wrote: »

How do you fake shot over a free kick??? and get the player to carry on their run into the box?

Thats why going through skill games can be important. They show us how to do it in skill games. I dont know if i should say how you can do it because i want to have an advantage over as many opponents as i can. You can also find it on youtube though. I learn the OP tactics from fifa youtubers.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Waspy wrote: »

Press L2 to bring an extra player to potentially take the kick, and R1 to bring another player.... Then whichever of those 2 players you want to dummy the free kick, hold the button that called them to the ball (L2 or R1) while doing a fake shot.... Then give them a second to run beyond the ball and press triangle (through ball) if you want to play the ball into their run.
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite

Their*

Get a life

Yes but mines was a simple mistake, whereas his doesn’t make sense
    His is a common expression and not a typo, whereas yours indicates a lack of knowledge, as well as a general sense of dickishness.