Ot: Liverpool signs van Dijk

Comments

• NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Jake wrote: »
    dylwms wrote: »
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!

Give us 3 then

KEY word for you in my post was "maybe"
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

1 cuz theres not many “top CBs” available currently. And 2 because of prices being inflated, especially when a Prem club comes knocking.

But I’m curious. Name “2, maybe 3” too CB’s you could get for 75m

Godin. Will be nearly in the last year of his contract after Jan 1st. Leader and part of one of the best defences in the world. Under 40 million.

Manolas, again part of one of the best defences in the world.

Koulibaly, would fit into Liverpool like a glove underrated CB.

Marquinhos, gets better every year and only 23.

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable. Maybe 3 was a stretch.

In today’s market, you’re not getting two of them for 75m

Bonucci, perhaps the best CB in the world cost 30 million and was bought by a rival club in the same league. I think anything possible when that happens.

Read my previous comment. Perhaps I should have clarified. LFC and other PL clubs are not getting 2 of those Defender’s mentioned for 75M.

It's achievable.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Almost forgot Gimenez could throw him into that list

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

1 cuz theres not many “top CBs” available currently. And 2 because of prices being inflated, especially when a Prem club comes knocking.

Godin. Will be nearly in the last year of his contract after Jan 1st. Leader and part of one of the best defences in the world. Under 40 million.

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable. Maybe 3 was a stretch.

Bonucci, perhaps the best CB in the world cost 30 million and was bought by a rival club in the same league. I think anything possible when that happens.

Read my previous comment. Perhaps I should have clarified. LFC and other PL clubs are not getting 2 of those Defender’s mentioned for 75M.

It's achievable.

You play too much FIFA lad
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    rckstr wrote: »
    Dortmun wrote: »
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

Van Dijk will never lift a trophy in a Liverpool shirt.

You’re absolutely fuming

Your manager can’t organise a defence. This will make absolutely zero difference in your battle for 4th.

Best home form in the league, conceded 3 all season.

United have conceded 4 in their last 2 home games lmao please stop

By best home form you are talking about goals conceded and not points, right?
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2877 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well this has turned into the saltiest thread in a while :D
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

:lol: :lol: its really not in today’s market. You’d have to catch them in the last year of their contract to get even close to bagging 2 of those CBs for 75m. Even then I don’t see it happening for any less than 100m. Everyone knows Prem clubs have money due to TV deals and will flex at Prem clubs
  • Michael LFC 96
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Your manager can’t organise a defence. This will make absolutely zero difference in your battle for 4th.

By best home form you are talking about goals conceded and not points, right?

Ya
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    Almost forgot Gimenez could throw him into that list

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

You play too much FIFA lad

Was waiting for that comment. Typical.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2017

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Shame you have to play 19 away games then isn’t it? You’ve let in 20 away. I know you’re desperate to protect Klopp at all costs but if you understood football you’d see it.
  • Michael LFC 96

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

And you’ve let in 20 away. I know you’re desperate to protect Klopp at all costs but if you understood football you’d see it.

Hahahaha oh my word

12 of those in 3 games. One was ruined by a red, two capitulations.

Different breed you lad, bet you'd applaud draws at OT if you went :lol:
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

And you’ve let in 20 away. I know you’re desperate to protect Klopp at all costs but if you understood football you’d see it.

Hahahaha oh my word

You think letting in 12 in 3 games makes it better?
  • Hornerglow
    335 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love that everyone is still trying to find ways to dig at us because we've signed a genuinely top class defender, and you all know it.

Pep wanted him, imagine what people would be saying if he got him?

People would still be laughing at us no doubt?
    Ain’t no deny about VVD being a good defender but you could have bought somebody like Tah or Skriniar (or however this dude is spelled) and would still be left with enough money to buy a decent LB or GK. Van Dijk is not world class by any means, so to pay a record fee for him is just ridiculous.
    You could’ve also blown a good amount of money into the youth system and developed something which would be fundamental for future success but no, that would be nonsense in England and everyone would have a laugh at Liverpool. To blow out that amount of money with literally 0 chances of winning the title this season makes so much more sense and has to be glorified. They payed a f*ckload of money and that is what counts nowadays.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

:lol: :lol: its really not in today’s market. You’d have to catch them in the last year of their contract to get even close to bagging 2 of those CBs for 75m. Even then I don’t see it happening for any less than 100m. Everyone knows Prem clubs have money due to TV deals and will flex at Prem clubs

Thats why you have good negotiators and bad ones. Liverpool got shafted and robbed 2 days after Christmas for a average CB.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    Hornerglow wrote: »
    Love that everyone is still trying to find ways to dig at us because we've signed a genuinely top class defender, and you all know it.

Pep wanted him, imagine what people would be saying if he got him?

People would still be laughing at us no doubt?
    Ain’t no deny about VVD being a good defender but you could have bought somebody like Tah or Skriniar (or however this dude is spelled) and would still be left with enough money to buy a decent LB or GK. Van Dijk is not world class by any means, so to pay a record fee for him is just ridiculous.
    You could’ve also blown a good amount of money into the youth system and developed something which would be fundamental for future success but no, that would be nonsense in England and everyone would have a laugh at Liverpool. To blow out that amount of money with literally 0 chances of winning the title this season makes so much more sense and has to be glorified. They payed a f*ckload of money and that is what counts nowadays.

This guy gets it.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Could sign 4 Niklas Sules for that
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Hmm when you consider what Man Utd paid for Lindolof then it looks good business
  • Michael LFC 96

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Hahahaha oh my word

12 in 3, 7 in 7 isn't bad?

Show me a team apart from City that's done outrageously better?

Arguably 15 in 4 counting Watford, so 4 in 6? Even better.

Is Klopp responsible for lapses in concentration? Serious question.
  • Färjestad
    2142 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rutta wrote: »
    Hmm when you consider what Man Utd paid for Lindolof then it looks good business

Yeah, double for a worse player.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2017

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Hahahaha oh my word

7 in 7 is bad.

Klopp is responsible for organising. Which he doesn’t do. He concentrates on attacking and leaves the rest to luck which is why he loses so many finals.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

Thats why you have good negotiators and bad ones. Liverpool got shafted and robbed 2 days after Christmas for a average CB.

Alright bud you clearly don’t understand how the prem league works.
  • Michael LFC 96

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Hahahaha oh my word

7 in 7 is bad.

Klopp is responsible for organising. Which he doesn’t do. He concentrates on attacking and leaves the rest to luck which is why he loses so many finals.

Tell me your thoughts on Mourinho please?

Thoughts on his summer spending too if possible.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17371 posts World Class
    Even Rich is defending us. Everyone needs to chill
  • Michael LFC 96

Because people who win the prem on footy manager think they're absolute gods, does my head in. Half of them aren't even match going fans.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

And you do? Some guy on the Internet on the FIFAforums called XxRichiexRichxX? Please do tell me more about "how the prem league works" I'm genuinely interested.
  • Michael LFC 96

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

And you do? Some guy on the Internet on the FIFAforums called XxRichiexRichxX? Please do tell me more about "how the prem league works" I'm genuinely interested.

Please tell me how Roma have the best defence in the world and Bonucci is the best CB
  • LFC Simon 98
    17371 posts World Class

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

It's achievable.

Well considering you presume any CB could fit our system and said Bonucci is one of the worlds best CB’s and that says it all to me
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Rutta wrote: »

Lindelof was about half the price, came to a country/league that was foreign to him. Sure he got off too a shaky start but has improved quite a bit since the oct, looks especially comfortable when playing in a 3 back formation, he was solid over the weekend playing RB.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Because people who win the prem on footy manager think they're absolute gods, does my head in. Half of them aren't even match going fans.

Lmao. I thought it was common sense why most Prem clubs end up over paying for players. I’ve explained it to this guy 2-3 times and he still can’t grasp it. :joy:
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crazy money for a CB of his quality. Think they have been held for ransom because of what happened in the Summer.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

You haven’t got a clue about football but you’ve been going round in circles **** off your new CB for hours.

I’m sure he’ll do well for you and then he can move to a big club to win things.
  • Michael LFC 96

Lmao. I thought it was common sense why most Prem clubs end up over paying for players. I’ve explained it to this guy 2-3 times and he still can’t grasp it. :joy:

Kid probably has a youth player come out on footy manager and tweets about it