Ot: Liverpool signs van Dijk

Comments

• rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Dortmun wrote: »
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31913 posts National Team Captain
    rckstr wrote: »
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

I’m not surprised one of the most biased fans on this forum thinks so.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17354 posts World Class

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

Stop with this shitè ffs
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

Van Dijk will never lift a trophy in a Liverpool shirt.
  • llJesusll
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    FFS you could probably buy Godin for that. What are Liverpool thinking :lol:.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Love that everyone is still trying to find ways to dig at us because we've signed a genuinely top class defender, and you all know it.

Pep wanted him, imagine what people would be saying if he got him?

People would still be laughing at us no doubt?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    llJesusll wrote: »

Godin is 31....Paying 75m for him would be dumber.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    Jake wrote: »
    dylwms wrote: »
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!

Give us 3 then

KEY word for you in my post was "maybe"
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

1 cuz theres not many “top CBs” available currently. And 2 because of prices being inflated, especially when a Prem club comes knocking.

But I’m curious. Name “2, maybe 3” too CB’s you could get for 75m

Godin. Will be nearly in the last year of his contract after Jan 1st. Leader and part of one of the best defences in the world. Under 40 million.

Manolas, again part of one of the best defences in the world.

Koulibaly, would fit into Liverpool like a glove underrated CB.

Marquinhos, gets better every year and only 23.

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable. Maybe 3 was a stretch.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Love that everyone is still trying to find ways to dig at us because we've signed a genuinely top class defender, and you all know it.

Because your manager and fans have been moaning about people spending big money. And now you do the same on someone who is slightly above average.

He is not and will never be, “world class”
  • llJesusll

Age doesn't really matter, he's not a quick player anyway. He'll be useful for a good 3-4 seasons. I still think he's one of the best CB's in the world.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    edited December 2017

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

1 cuz theres not many “top CBs” available currently. And 2 because of prices being inflated, especially when a Prem club comes knocking.

Godin. Will be nearly in the last year of his contract after Jan 1st. Leader and part of one of the best defences in the world. Under 40 million.

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable.
    Maybe 3 was a stretch.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017

Tbf there’s not many people questioning the quality of the player, it’s the price everyone’s having a laugh it, from what I’ve seen of the LFC fan base, not just on here, they are split about the decision. Sure most are happy about the player being bought, but the fee is ridiculous, even with inflation.

And then there’s the fact that LFC have talked **** about other clubs paying so much for players and how Klopp doesn’t need too...
  • llJesusll

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable.
    Maybe 3 was a stretch.

This is where I struggle to see how premier league players fetch such a price tag. I just don't really understand it all.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Take your pic between Manolas and Koulibaly, Marquinhos would probably be the most expensive out of everyone there IMO. 75 million for Godin and 1 of the other 3 is very achievable. Maybe 3 was a stretch.

In today’s market, you’re not getting two of them for 75m
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional

Age doesn't really matter, he's not a quick player anyway. He'll be useful for a good 3-4 seasons. I still think he's one of the best CB's in the world.

He is one of the best CB in the world.
  • Sercs
    18672 posts World Class
    Godin = wouldn’t go to Liverpool, IMO is really loyal to AM

Manolas from the little ive seen doesn’t really do what VVD does, in terms of leading & taking the ball out of defence.

Nobody in our back line can organise so here’s hoping vvd can do that

75m is a lot.. but is what it is. Just relieved we have what looks to be a top quality signing
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Maybe 3 was a stretch.

75 mill won't get you 2 of those guys in this market
  • rckstr

He is one of the best CB in the world.

More suited to a deep block
  • FoCuSs
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Liverpool should have signed Škriniar...75 for Van Dijk, crazy...
  • rckstr

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Maybe 3 was a stretch.

This is where I struggle to see how premier league players fetch such a price tag. I just don't really understand it all.

Because Of the TV deals the Prem League has. Clubs know they are sitting on a ton of money from the TV deals, so they know they can flex more cash from Prem clubs, especially the bigger ones.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Bonucci, perhaps the best CB in the world cost 30 million and was bought by a rival club in the same league. I think anything possible when that happens.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17354 posts World Class
    Right everyone chill. Sure the fee is too much.

Yes Liverpool fans had digs at other clubs for spending big on players not worth it but at the same time those fans were the ones saying “money doesn’t matter” but have miraculously changed their tune.

And to the dude recommending players. Godin would be awful in our system, as would Manolas, the other players would cost at least £50mil. So ****.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017

Give us 3 then

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

Bonucci, perhaps the best CB in the world cost 30 million and was bought by a rival club in the same league. I think anything possible when that happens.

Read my previous comment. ESPECIALLY for LFC and other PL clubs are not getting 2 of those Defender’s mentioned for 75M.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Your manager can’t organise a defence. This will make absolutely zero difference in your battle for 4th.
  • Michael LFC 96

Because your manager and fans have been moaning about people spending big money. And now you do the same on someone who is slightly above average.

He is not and will never be, “world class”

See where he is in 3 years.

Him, Matip, Karius, Salah, Firmino, Mane, Oxlade Chamberlain, Robertson. Moreno, Clyne, Keita and Gomez all in their mid to lower 20's, will all progress and develop together, along with any new signings.

Twice the price of Lindelol isn't that bad, is it?
  • rckstr

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Your manager can’t organise a defence. This will make absolutely zero difference in your battle for 4th.

Incorrect as usual
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017
    ..edit double post
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017
    ...edit triple post
  • Michael LFC 96

cast-fail.gif

He’s absolutely spot on

You’re absolutely fuming

Best home form in the league, conceded 3 all season.

United have conceded 4 in their last 2 home games lmao please stop