Ot: Liverpool signs van Dijk

Hornerglow
335 posts Sunday League Hero
Thoughts? Can’t imagine Liverpool building a good defence for once. Just need 3 more defenders to actually be decent :trollface: exactly what they needed though. 70-80 mil is quite heavy imho, could’ve got a complete defense for that price

Comments

• Pugzilla
    15859 posts World Class
    Could have got a complete defense 20 years ago yes.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Do the honours @DaveSaves
  • Santiago
    21530 posts Club Captain
    Peter wrote: »

• XxRichiexRichxX
    31696 posts National Team Captain

• WFCBagnall
    69597 posts Moderator

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    I can ban people?
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Well done Southampton. Player almost refuses to stay, play half a season being average, and they manage to get a record fee for him.
  • Pugzilla
    15859 posts World Class
    Scholesyy wrote: »
    Well done Southampton. Player almost refuses to stay, play half a season being average, and they manage to get a record fee for him.

Lindelof is a **** Van Dijk mate
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    I can ban people?

Wow dude, you let us done.

You changed overnight.
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Pugzilla wrote: »

What has lindelöf to do with van dijk?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Pugzilla wrote: »

What has lindelöf to do with van dijk?

Ignore him. He’s not happy about the price paid.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20465 posts Club Captain
    Regardless of price paid, as a fan you should be happy that an obvious need is being addressed.
  • VICTAAAA
    10759 posts Has That Special Something
    Regardless of price paid, as a fan you should be happy that an obvious need is being addressed.

this, i mean... how does Arsenal still not have a proper holding mid?!?!?! :cry:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20465 posts Club Captain
    VICTAAAA wrote: »

this, i mean... how does Arsenal still not have a proper holding mid?!?!?! :cry:

A Wanyama type signing would have been ideal for you
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    VICTAAAA wrote: »

N’Zonzi would be great
  • Sercs
    18619 posts World Class
    It’s a lot of money but we need him badly. Relieved we’ve acted so quickly and beaten off the other big sides.

I do think though that his price tag probably helped us though.. 50m and The Manchester clubs May have been in the mix
  • Campino
    26917 posts Player of the Year
    75 mill wtf?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Campino wrote: »
    75 mill wtf?

Not sure why it's surprising. It's what was mentioned in summer till Klopp facetimed him.
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - My thoughts
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    dylwms wrote: »
    Ridiculous price for a player who hasn't won anything, done much and that's had a pretty poor start to the season. Although I'm sure the price they are paying has got something to do with that illegal approach :D

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

1 above average good season at a club that struggles to finish mid table. You could buy 2 top CBs for 75million maybe even 3?!

No, you couldn’t.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something

Give us 3 then
  • NightmareNI
    1316 posts Professional
    Jake wrote: »

Give us 3 then

KEY word for you in my post was "maybe"

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?
  • Nervous_Nick
    5094 posts Big Money Move
    Crazy price!!
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited December 2017
    Jake wrote: »

Give us 3 then

KEY word for you in my post was "maybe"

No, you couldn’t.

Why's that pal?

1 cuz theres not many “top CBs” available currently. And 2 because of prices being inflated, especially when a Prem club comes knocking.

But I’m curious. Name “2, maybe 3” too CB’s you could get for 75m
  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Got to say Southampton are good at squeezing every penny out of the scousers fair play!
  • Dortmun
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..
  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move

This. It’s how the market is now you need to overpay for quality players. Rather do that than sign garbage
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Dortmun wrote: »
    For everyone saying Liverpool overpayed, Manchester United payed the same amount for Lukaku, Van Dijk will win more points for Liverpool than Lukaku will for United..

cast-fail.gif