Team of the year crash? When does it normaly happen?

Lordhumpe
335 posts Sunday League Hero
Team og the year crash? When does it normaly happen?

The next days towards first couple of days in january (precrash) ? Or does it just hit hard on the release on TOTY day?

History of previus years?

Comments

• duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    It wont change much from now on, it already happened on most of the higher gold cards
  • Lordhumpe
    duf wrote: »
    It wont change much from now on, it already happened on most of the higher gold cards

I can see that, but prices on the actual day of the release will have a short term impact on prices?
  • Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    @mysticmeg where you at
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lordhumpe wrote: »

I can see that, but prices on the actual day of the release will have a short term impact on prices?

Maybe, but those differences will be very small to be honest and it can easily start to raise quickly at some point, either mid toty week or at the beginning. It will be as quick as during black friday time so be aware of that and dont miss the boat.

• TopCat
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The problem is we don't know when EA will drop them. I expect a pretty big dip on announcement, but it will rebound fast.
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also depends on players too. Dont expect to buy Ronaldo cheap during TOTY as he will be out of packs at that time.
  • Bowden92
    It will cause a drop on some players because of packs opened, but the actual TOTY itself won't, the attackers are the only highly desirable cards, it's not as though people are going to start panic selling 90 Gullit for TOTY iniesta is it
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bowden92 wrote: »
    It will cause a drop on some players because of packs opened, but the actual TOTY itself won't, the attackers are the only highly desirable cards, it's not as though people are going to start panic selling 90 Gullit for TOTY iniesta is it

Yeah but packs are **** anyway so if you pack only 83-84's at best, you cant cause drop on the higher rated cards hehe

Its like with Happy Hours promos joke, when we have 2x better chance of packing higher rated cards or the ones from totw in the packs. BUT 2x0 is still 0...

To be honest the biggest drop in % could be in 83-84 players, depends on the requirements. If we get the probable tradeable TOTW sbc today, those will rise and if it expires after a week or so just before TOTY, with all the packs opening and packing this 83's boards i would expect this one to "crash" as the difference could be easily over 50%.

TOTY crash from now? Nah, few % i'd say only
  • Lordhumpe
    edited December 2017

I agree with you both.

Have 300K and i need IF Goretzka 220K and Chiellini 85K and maybe Buffon if I can afford him too 51K
    TopCat wrote: »
    The problem is we don't know when EA will drop them. I expect a pretty big dip on announcement, but it will rebound fast.

Maybe, but those differences will be very small to be honest and it can easily start to raise quickly at some point, either mid toty week or at the beginning. It will be as quick as during black friday time so be aware of that and dont miss the boat.

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15223 posts World Class
    When YouTube decides.
  • Bowden92
    Ye I don't mean packs will crash icons, it will crash lower end players and NIFs, the only thing that's going to crash the elite cards this year is prime icons
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017

I agree with you both.

Have 300K and i need IF Goretzka 220K and Chiellini 85K and maybe Buffon if I can afford him too 51K

Buffon will probably rise if we get some good icons tomorrow. Its more probable that he will rise rather than drop, could be similar with Chiellini, although you could get him a little bit better. IF Goretzka not sure, but i really doubt he would drop with significant %, if so it should be very minor difference as this card is very good and on demand.

But its just my opinion of couse, i could be totally wrong
  • SteelCityZlatan
    1094 posts Professional

• Lordhumpe

I agree with you both.

Buffon will probably rise if we get some good icons tomorrow. Its more probable that he will rise rather than drop, could be similar with Chiellini, although you could get him a little bit better. IF Goretzka not sure, but i really doubt he would drop with significant %, if so it should be very minor difference as this card is very good and on demand.

Yup, il take my risk

I agree with you both.

Well, just bought IF Goretzka for 205K.
    Happy with that.

• duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good, its a great card so have fun with it especially before WL now. He might be priced less but dont look back as you wont always buy at the lowest and prices at some point will rise very quickly and you will be good with your purchase whatever happens in the upcoming week or two