What if Messi signs a contract to EA?

Comments

• Rossco160715
    2155 posts Fans' Favourite
    ronaldo scores goals. he is a finisher.

messi is beyond just that. he is a creator

Discussion over

But but but, apparently Ronaldo’s marketing team score his goals. Your logic isn’t fitting with the agenda man, come on.

• Elliot666
    2019 posts Fans' Favourite

Discussion over

But but but, apparently Ronaldo’s marketing team score his goals. Your logic isn’t fitting with the agenda man, come on.

if you compare how messi and Ronaldo play at this moment in time (not goals or anything like that) messi is so much better, he can get out of a tight aspace with 4 defenders around him.

Ronaldo, yes can take on 1 or 2 players but if hes got defenders around him hes going to lose the ball.

IMO Ronaldo has had to train very hard to become where he is but messi has been born with the natural dribbling and so on.
  • RioIMBA
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To whom ever argue about Ron or Messi, you are all stupid. Football is based on team work. Aint best players in the world, some are good at their specialty or style.

Many games Ron was shut down, so is Messi. So please stop argue who is the best. Football is teamwork, everyone has their high and low.
  • Elliot666
    RioIMBA wrote: »
    To whom ever argue about Ron or Messi, you are all stupid. Football is based on team work. Aint best players in the world, some are good at their specialty or style.

Many games Ron was shut down, so is Messi. So please stop argue who is the best. Football is teamwork, everyone has their high and low.

lol :trollface:
  • iRusty_yo
    3925 posts National Call-Up
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Rename the thread to Messi vs Ronaldo. :lol:

Fwiw, I believe Messi's been better overall throughout his career and is better atm, despite Ronaldo being my favorite player. However, comments like "anyone with 2 eyes can see that" are stupid. Just because Ronaldo's not as pleasing to watch, because they're different types of players, it doesn't make him worse. Say what you want but Ronaldo holds pretty much all the relevant Champions League records, that takes some doing. ;)

Adult comment
  • Elliot666
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Rename the thread to Messi vs Ronaldo. :lol:

Fwiw, I believe Messi's been better overall throughout his career and is better atm, despite Ronaldo being my favorite player. However, comments like "anyone with 2 eyes can see that" are stupid. Just because Ronaldo's not as pleasing to watch, because they're different types of players, it doesn't make him worse. Say what you want but Ronaldo holds pretty much all the relevant Champions League records, that takes some doing. ;)

Adult comment

PENaldo ;)
  • Springveldt
    4608 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    I’d say Ronaldo but most on height strength and determination

Whenever I watched messi for Argentina he doesn’t give anywhere near as much as Ronaldo does for Portugal

**** me, Messi just carried Argentina to the World Cup. There is no chance that team qualifies without him. If Higuain doesn't **** the bed in the World Cup final all this "Messi does nothing for Argentina" talk wouldn't exist.

Portugal wins the Euro's with Ronaldo cheering them on from the sidelines yet he does more.

Both are brilliant, both are in the top 5 to ever play the game but for me Messi is the best. Watching loads of La Liga over the years Messi is just the better all round player for me. If he had that selfish streak that Ronaldo has in front of goal he would probably outscore Ronaldo every year as well.

Even that last game where Messi lays it on a plate to Suarez instead of sticking it in the net himself, there is no way Ronaldo passes in that situation.

https://streamable.com/d856n

• Elliot666
    aberry1000 wrote: »
    I’d say Ronaldo but most on height strength and determination

Whenever I watched messi for Argentina he doesn’t give anywhere near as much as Ronaldo does for Portugal

**** me, Messi just carried Argentina to the World Cup. There is no chance that team qualifies without him. If Higuain doesn't **** the bed in the World Cup final all this "Messi does nothing for Argentina" talk wouldn't exist.

Portugal wins the Euro's with Ronaldo cheering them on from the sidelines yet he does more.

Both are brilliant, both are in the top 5 to ever play the game but for me Messi is the best. Watching loads of La Liga over the years Messi is just the better all round player for me. If he had that selfish streak that Ronaldo has in front of goal he would probably outscore Ronaldo every year as well.

Even that last game where Messi lays it on a plate to Suarez instead of sticking it in the net himself, there is no way Ronaldo passes in that situation.

https://streamable.com/d856n

agree.
  • Rossco160715
    Elliot666 wrote: »

Discussion over

if you compare how messi and Ronaldo play at this moment in time (not goals or anything like that) messi is so much better, he can get out of a tight aspace with 4 defenders around him.

Ronaldo, yes can take on 1 or 2 players but if hes got defenders around him hes going to lose the ball.

IMO Ronaldo has had to train very hard to become where he is but messi has been born with the natural dribbling and so on.

You are not born into hormone injections so that is nonsense however recently Messi has looked the better of the two and I won’t deny that.

My point was more to the other moron in the topic who stated that Ronaldo’s marketing team has propelled him to the level he is at. Easily the most ridiculous comment in the history of any forum.

• The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    Elliot666 wrote: »

Discussion over

You are not born into hormone injections so that is nonsense however recently Messi has looked the better of the two and I won’t deny that.

My point was more to the other moron in the topic who stated that Ronaldo’s marketing team has propelled him to the level he is at. Easily the most ridiculous comment in the history of any forum.

When I read your comments I honestly can't tell if you're a blatant internet troll or if you're stupid, my money is on the latter. If you watched any videos of him prior to the injections, he still had the same talent with the ball.

Considering journalism is a big part of the Ballon D'or voting, the guy is right that marketing does help win that particular award. A player that does not show up for a vast majority of the season should not win a award like that, period. The bias in their voting system is extremely blatant and it's hardly reserved to the journalists. I don't particularly like Ronaldo but there are coaches and players that vote who only have one of them in their top 3. I've seen votes in the past where they will vote people in just because they are teammates or because they are from their country even though they are rubbish players compared to Messi or Ronaldo.

When players like Iniesta are still being named in the TOTY, you know these awards are a sham. He's a legend and still a great footballer but he has not been one of the best for some years now.
  • Rossco160715
    Wow. The idiocy and paranoia is contagious. Utter tripe and I should have stopped reading at ‘when’.

Messi fanboys will never see Ronaldo for the goalscoring machine he is. The guy scored over 50 goals in 2017 yet again and you just stated he’s not been one of the best for some years. Laughable and downright stupid.
  • Rossco160715
    For the record, I have also stated that Messi is a better footballer. Objective before subjective. Try it.
  • Fredo
    3507 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo is the best player in the world, Messi isn't

Get over it
    I feel sorry for anyone who believes this.

• DustyCards
    120 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2017
    It cracks me up people saying Madrid had a better team than Barca... lol

Messi - the so called best
    Neymar- top 5 player
    Suarez - top 5 player
    Iniesta - legend

You get the point.

Ronaldo won the champions league back to back. Won a international cup. Has won 4 of the last 5 Balon awards. So again, why is Messi unequivocally the better player?

Outscored him in all comps in 3 of the last 5, and in 4 of the last 5 champions league runs he outscored Messi, while tying with him in the other.

Decided to delete my reply just because I realized you said Barca has had a better team than Real Madrid , almost made me choke on my coffee. :D

That big black thing in your mouth isn’t coffee...
    Post edited by DustyCards on
  • DavidDeBeard
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Unlucky Ronaldo
  • Firmino
    426 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    Wow. The idiocy and paranoia is contagious. Utter tripe and I should have stopped reading at ‘when’.

Messi fanboys will never see Ronaldo for the goalscoring machine he is. The guy scored over 50 goals in 2017 yet again and you just stated he’s not been one of the best for some years. Laughable and downright stupid.

No I didn't, he's obviously one of the best but he's never been THE best since 2007/08 and it's never been close. The best poacher around ever, yes.

Madrid changed their whole style of play to accommodate Messi today, the 1st Barca goal no one goes near rakitic because they're all too busy watching where Lionel is.
    Barca were leaving Ronaldo 1 on 1 with Sergi Roberto. What does that tell you?

Also, changed your opinion of Paulinho yet? He's so out of place in a possession orientated team but he's great at making late runs into the box, technically scored today as well.

P.S I'll just leave this here
  • DavidDeBeard
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Today summed it up. Messi didn’t see as much of the ball as he usually does and could’ve had about 4 or 5 assists. Meanwhile Ronaldo stands up top waiting for someone to supply him.
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    ronaldo was class today, whole madrid team was at fault as they were not passing to him else he would have scored 5-7 goals for sure. Saw his left footed venomous shot at 11Th min> Greatest of all time. Bow to the king!!!!!! Bale took shot which could have been easily passed to king for tap ins but he was selfish. Ter stegen was selfish as he stopped goals of ronaldo and that linesman was blind to give that as an offside, he forgot that you cannot give offside against CR7
  • Oweyman
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Parth12008 wrote: »
    ronaldo was class today, whole madrid team was at fault as they were not passing to him else he would have scored 5-7 goals for sure. Saw his left footed venomous shot at 11Th min> Greatest of all time. Bow to the king!!!!!! Bale took shot which could have been easily passed to king for tap ins but he was selfish. Ter stegen was selfish as he stopped goals of ronaldo and that linesman was blind to give that as an offside, he forgot that you cannot give offside against CR7

'5-7 goals' and 'selfish' goalkeepers for not letting someone score, I've heard it all now. :D :D
  • Parth12008
    1414 posts Professional
    Oweyman wrote: »
    Parth12008 wrote: »

'5-7 goals' and 'selfish' goalkeepers for not letting someone score, I've heard it all now. :D :D

Don't worry mate. I support Lil Magician LEO in this debate.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

Pretty sure he was talking about iniesta...
  • MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    “But for me it's like Messi is not human but Cristiano is the best of the humans.” says Pique

I second that
  • Alex_cr
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    First thing to say is clearly Ronaldo had peaked now and Messi is still at peak so I'm going back to when they were at their best.

So back then Ronaldo was best in his position - inside forwardish, Messi just free role but essentially in behind the striker.

But - if you needed someone to cover RB, LB, CB, CDM or No 9, who you gonna have? So the more rounded footballer is Ronaldo, most gifted is Messi.

Basically I just don't think you can split these guys. They have vastly different qualities but are both equally amazing. And the great thing is they've pushed each other to these levels.

By all means have the debate but don't abuse each other on it. Just sit back and enjoy what we have been blessed with for the last 12,13, 14 years.
  • ZiggieTTU
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2017
    Went to my first El Clasico today (and hopefully not my last). Been a diehard follower of both since 2009 when I was at Old Trafford when they announced Ronaldo’s his transfer.

A life long Madrid supporter that I met before the game today put it best. Ronaldo is an incredible athlete...

Messi is the best of the generation. Both will be top of the generation. The Galacticos lured Ronaldo from United by deferring all the accolades to him while Messi earned it from the age of 13.

Madrid started strong today and Messi patiently broke them down and exposed him with brilliance.

Beautiful Fútbol from the magician. I am completely humbled seeing him in person and that he can cause so much agony from the most powerful and successful Club to have ever existed
    Post edited by ZiggieTTU on
  • flypiggy22
    1153 posts Professional
    The two players are incomparable. They play totally differently and have a different set of skills. You can't say one is better than the other.
  • Hills_Hawk01
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Both of them are incredible and you guys should just be grateful to have been alive during the period of quite frankly the two best footballers in the world ever, there will be nobody like them for a very very long time..
    Screw them im grateful to witness the magic of Benji Marshall in 2005.

• Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    flypiggy22 wrote: »
    The two players are incomparable. They play totally differently and have a different set of skills. You can't say one is better than the other.

As you can clearly see, yes you can. Whether you’re right or not is up for debate.