14717 posts World Class
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Tall?

:D
  • CeeQue
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Coderood wrote: »
    Will they make him like Ronaldo?

In what way 94 rated? Statswise? I do remember in 12 or 13 they gave gim the 1st 99 card.
  • WTFsmirky08
    2970 posts National Call-Up
    Ronaldo is the best player in the world, Messi isn't

Get over it
  • DavidDeBeard
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Get over it
    I feel sorry for anyone who believes this.
  • dolcecubana
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Did I miss something? When did Messi become unequivocally better than Ronaldo?
    Even this year with everyone saying Ronaldo is off form, there is only 2 goals that seperate them over all competitions despite Ronaldo playing 3 less games.
    Not to mention Ronaldo's international success and team success, and the fact he has proven he can do it on different teams and leagues.
  • DavidDeBeard
    Because anyone with a pair of eyes can see Messi is better. Messi matches his goalscoring rate while being a better passer, dribbler, playmaker, better in tight spaces, far better mastery of the ball. The only thing Ronaldo has on him is two footedness and heading.
  • WTFsmirky08

Get over it

What like anyone who voted for the Ballon D'Or for the last 2 years ?
  • WTFsmirky08
    Did I miss something? When did Messi become unequivocally better than Ronaldo?
    Even this year with everyone saying Ronaldo is off form, there is only 2 goals that seperate them over all competitions despite Ronaldo playing 3 less games.
    Not to mention Ronaldo's international success and team success, and the fact he has proven he can do it on different teams and leagues.

• DavidDeBeard

Get over it

The Balon d’Or is given to the best player in the best team. Barcelona have been **** for the last two years. Your point is null.
  • WTFsmirky08

Get over it

The Balon d’Or is given to the best player in the best team. Barcelona have been **** for the last two years. Your point is null.

But surely the so called 'GOAT' would be able to change the fortunes of a failing team ?

I mean Ronaldo did it for Utd, Real and Portugal

Plus Ballon D'Or is awarded to the best performing player of the year

Stop being a blinkered fanboy
  • Jason1986
    6964 posts Big Money Move
    Oh god how on earth has this awfully boring debate been started again?
  • Messi >> Ronaldo.
  • DavidDeBeard

Get over it

But surely the so called 'GOAT' would be able to change the fortunes of a failing team ?

I mean Ronaldo did it for Utd, Real and Portugal

Plus Ballon D'Or is awarded to the best performing player of the year

Stop being a blinkered fanboy

He did change their fortunes. He took the worse Barca side in ten years to within 2 points of the best Madrid side in 15 years. How much more fortune do you want changing?

Also how the hell were United and Real ‘struggling sides’? For that matter he wasn’t even Portugal’s best player in the Euros. Both Pepe and Nani outperformed him. But it’s ok, he screamed from the sidelines in the final so let’s have a wa*k about how ‘inspiring’ he was.
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite

Get over it

There both as good as each other
    I’m no stupid fan boy I’m a fan of football
  • Jason1986
    6964 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine being so far up one of the arses of the two players in question that you have to try find pathetic little flaws in their careers to try make out your favoured one is far superior.

• Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something
    Rename the thread to Messi vs Ronaldo. :lol:

Fwiw, I believe Messi's been better overall throughout his career and is better atm, despite Ronaldo being my favorite player. However, comments like "anyone with 2 eyes can see that" are stupid. Just because Ronaldo's not as pleasing to watch, because they're different types of players, it doesn't make him worse. Say what you want but Ronaldo holds pretty much all the relevant Champions League records, that takes some doing. ;)
  • dolcecubana
    It cracks me up people saying Madrid had a better team than Barca... lol

Messi - the so called best
    Neymar- top 5 player
    Suarez - top 5 player
    Iniesta - legend

You get the point.

Ronaldo won the champions league back to back. Won a international cup. Has won 4 of the last 5 Balon awards. So again, why is Messi unequivocally the better player?

Outscored him in all comps in 3 of the last 5, and in 4 of the last 5 champions league runs he outscored Messi, while tying with him in the other.

• i2-TempZ-2i
    6375 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2017
    Both of them are incredible and you guys should just be grateful to have been alive during the period of quite frankly the two best footballers in the world ever, there will be nobody like them for a very very long time..
  • topnik
    923 posts Professional
    edited December 2017
    Messi - Ronaldo internet fights
  • dolcecubana
    Both of them are incredible and you guys should just be grateful to have been alive during the period of quite frankly the two best footballers in the world ever, there will be nobody like them for a very very long time..

Mbappe is looking the goods.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9970 posts Has That Special Something

Yet icons are better statwise than they've ever been on Fifa. Thanks, EA. :trollface:
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up

• Firmino
    426 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wow so many idiots who think team achievements and popularity awards make you the best in the world.

If the ballon d'or was awarded to the best player with the best ability Messi wins 9 of the last 10. He walks last year if it's based on the player not the brand.

The only 2 things he has over Messi, headers and marketing team.
  • Danbailey_032
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because anyone with a pair of eyes can see Messi is better. Messi matches his goalscoring rate while being a better passer, dribbler, playmaker, better in tight spaces, far better mastery of the ball. The only thing Ronaldo has on him is two footedness and heading.

Get a grip u a sound like u fancy him .... Ronaldo is a all round player ... Messi can't do half the stuff physically Ronaldo can do ... plus messi has been in a better team for years that play football to suit him
  • Danbailey_032
    245 posts Sunday League Hero

Get a grip u a sound like u fancy him .... Ronaldo is a all round player ... Messi can't do half the stuff physically Ronaldo can do ... plus messi has been in a better team for years that play football to suit him

• Ishibum
    12483 posts Has That Special Something
    @EA_Andy close the thread. Folk are on the bath salts again.

• JIGSAW_10
    540 posts An Exciting Prospect

Get over it

• Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    I ignore the debate about who's better and say they are both the best, but if i had to pick i would choose Ronaldo.
  • Crowie
    1334 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    @EA_Andy close the thread. Folk are on the bath salts again.

:D :D