The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

87 ADP or Messi at RF? - 4321

Barslund
4644 posts National Call-Up
Quick question...

To pair 88 Overmars and Suarez up top in a 4321, would you pick 87 ADP on 7 chem or Messi?

Messi would save me 375k in current prices, and 85 Blanc will probably be my CCM so Messi doesn't need any additional links.

High/Med, 88 Stamina, Icon factor and popularity has me leaning towards Del Piero.

Comments

• ADP
  • Carlos181
    4022 posts National Call-Up
    Messi
  • MyRoomsMessi
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2017
    Messi is better than him on 7 chem let alone 10 chem.
  • Barslund
    Anyone used both and care to explain why?

The LF and RF do a lot of running which is why Messi's stamina seems a bit low
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Messi since full chem
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    Messi and @Barslund I've used 92 ADP. Bale is better than both at RF though tbh.
  • ozcs_69
    3729 posts National Call-Up
    Messi is a better cam
  • Barslund
    BenzP7 wrote: »
    Messi and @Barslund I've used 92 ADP. Bale is better than both at RF though tbh.

Thx.

Going to put another icon in midfield instead then.

• Lew15
    732 posts Professional
    Bale is better
  • maXmood
    2013 posts Fans' Favourite
    i'm using both now in 4321.. used different formations and different positions for each of those players.

dribbling = Messi. when you're around the box, you can dribble and score finesse from almost anywhere.
    passing = Messi. its so great you can do a long pass on a counter and your striker will receive it on his foot.
    long shots = ADP. and i'm using the 92 card. You can basically shoot from as far as 45yrds and score. his finesse shots are great too, but not as good as Messi..

Messi
    @ RF or R-ST, runs like a target man, without instructions..
    @ RW, can do good crossing, but hard to cut through defenders easily. if you know how to properly dribble, that's not an issue.
    @ RM, he usually disappears in this position, but good passing nonetheless.
    @ CAM (4chem), one of the best play-makers in the game.. can't add more here.

ADP
    @ ST, good pace, finesse shots, and long screamer shots.. seriously, better than CR7 in long shots.
    @ CAM, the best player in that position, especially if you got someone to pass him the ball before he reaches the box.
    @ RF/RW, very good finesse and crossing, cuts inside easily, i think because he's a legend and they get those hidden traits.
    @ CM, could be the best Midfielder if he didn't lack in physical.

for a new player, this is what i do..

get the player, play 5 games, if he scores or assist, i keep him for another 5 games, if he continues to impress, he stays.. if he doesn't score or assist in the first 5 games, he's back in the market.

anyways, if i were you, i'd buy one, test him out for a few games, if i didn't like him, i'll sell and get the other card to test.. i don't mind losing few K's to test different players.
  • Barslund
    maXmood wrote: »
    i'm using both now in 4321.. used different formations and different positions for each of those players.

dribbling = Messi. when you're around the box, you can dribble and score finesse from almost anywhere.
    passing = Messi. its so great you can do a long pass on a counter and your striker will receive it on his foot.
    long shots = ADP. and i'm using the 92 card. You can basically shoot from as far as 45yrds and score. his finesse shots are great too, but not as good as Messi..

Messi
    @ RF or R-ST, runs like a target man, without instructions..
    @ RW, can do good crossing, but hard to cut through defenders easily. if you know how to properly dribble, that's not an issue.
    @ RM, he usually disappears in this position, but good passing nonetheless.
    @ CAM (4chem), one of the best play-makers in the game.. can't add more here.

ADP
    @ ST, good pace, finesse shots, and long screamer shots.. seriously, better than CR7 in long shots.
    @ CAM, the best player in that position, especially if you got someone to pass him the ball before he reaches the box.
    @ RF/RW, very good finesse and crossing, cuts inside easily, i think because he's a legend and they get those hidden traits.
    @ CM, could be the best Midfielder if he didn't lack in physical.

for a new player, this is what i do..

get the player, play 5 games, if he scores or assist, i keep him for another 5 games, if he continues to impress, he stays.. if he doesn't score or assist in the first 5 games, he's back in the market.

anyways, if i were you, i'd buy one, test him out for a few games, if i didn't like him, i'll sell and get the other card to test.. i don't mind losing few K's to test different players.

Thank you very much.

I often have more success with physical players out wide, which is why I welcomed the Bale suggestion, with the 3* WF holding me up.

On the other hand I love Alessandrini for his agility and can have great success with him.

Might just do what you suggested about trying out, and then start from the bottom to save tax I.e. Bale -> Messi -> ADP.

Honestly I’ve also been considering just to stick with Alessandrini as he’s so good and will get chem from Blanc
  • TimRUFC
    3385 posts National Call-Up
    Keep Alessandrini and upgrade elsewhere, maybe a legend striker? MVB seems to get a lot of love on here. Alessandrini is probably the best right sided winger on the game so no need to change him
  • Barslund
    edited December 2017
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    Keep Alessandrini and upgrade elsewhere, maybe a legend striker? MVB seems to get a lot of love on here. Alessandrini is probably the best right sided winger on the game so no need to change him

Have 3,5 to use in total, so can use a bit on the attack :smile:

Just no reason to spend 1 mill on ADP if I get the same performance from Alessandrini or Bale.

With Alessandrini I would need a different ST than Suarez.

On a second thought, what about TOTGS Mbappe instead of the ones mentioned?
  • Stonebridge
    1152 posts Professional
    ADP is more a CAM player