WL Matchmaking - Perfect or what?

Rob82K
493 posts An Exciting Prospect
I've finished again with 25 win, which means i am 25 or 26 since the first weekend, each weekend.
I mean, i can accept that, probably matchmaking is perfect and my level is that, i need to improve but in that case:
1\Why should i buy vieira if with bakayoko results is the same? Looking my first weekend team and last weekend team, there are some millions difference, still 25 win which in theory means that a better team doesn't make any difference because the difference between a gol and a post is my current win, the more i am close to 25 the more post is likely, from the exact same position exactly with the same type of shoot.
2\Why people say that home make the difference? I've playing 40 away and 40 home, still 25 win.
3\Why people think it could be matter of connection/lag? I've playing with the fastest connection ever and nat1 and the week after that with a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ one to test, still 25 win.

So now, i am okay with everything but i would like to know there is someone out there that is making progress with this game eg. from 20 to 29 win or from 15 to 25.



Comments

  • Foldsea
    1279 posts Professional
    Do you think you still would manage same ammount of wins if you used same team as in first few weeks at current time ?
    Maybe you need Viera to keep the same progress as the other team at your level .

    Just a thought
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Foldsea wrote: »
    Do you think you still would manage same ammount of wins if you used same team as in first few weeks at current time ?
    Maybe you need Viera to keep the same progress as the other team at your level .

    Just a thought

    Agree , your team has got better and so has everyone else's
  • Rob82K
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is a good thought and i will answer next week, i am gonna use the same team of first week.
  • SyNation2
    1020 posts Professional
    A good team will help you get 1-3 extra wins since the extra finishing, tackle, stamina, etc.. are very helpful in crucial moments. however, It wont make u a gold 1 player to elite player.
  • Rob82K
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SyNation2 wrote: »
    A good team will help you get 1-3 extra wins since the extra finishing, tackle, stamina, etc.. are very helpful in crucial moments. however, It wont make u a gold 1 player to elite player.

    So you think that does guys with icons spend thousands to get 1-3 extra? mmmm
  • llJesusll
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Vieira and CR7 wins you games. Don't care how bad or good you are. If you have them both you'll be a lot better than your actual ability. People who say big players only contribute a small amount clearly can't afford them. Yh in some circumstances players like Lewandowski, Neuer, Higuain, Pique etc aren't that great.
  • sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Matchmaking needs an overhaul imo. Way to many times you see on champs channel a top 100/elite 1 player playing a guy that finished silver 1/gold 3.

    The matchmaking should be open for first 5 games and after that it matches you with someone in the same tier within a certain amount of skill points. EA has the skill point thing in there to separate top 100 players when they finish on same wins, why not use it for matchmaking?

    At the moment the matchmaking is questionable at best
  • aberry1000
    2377 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yea CR7 will do little tricks automatically and get you through on goal
  • MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you are a 25win player you will always be in that range regarless of your team rating. Remember this post once you have CR7, Gullit, Viera and still win 25.
  • llJesusll
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you are a 25win player you will always be in that range regarless of your team rating. Remember this post once you have CR7, Gullit, Viera and still win 25.

    The games rigged, whatever your result was in the first week is what bracket you'll be in. This is because EA don't want too many players in the higher ranks. No matter what players you get things in game will go against you to prevent you advancing.
  • Rob82K
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you are a 25win player you will always be in that range regarless of your team rating. Remember this post once you have CR7, Gullit, Viera and still win 25.

    Ok, so what should i do to get to 29? Fixed match paying opponents? :hushed:
  • Zv1k0
    6142 posts Big Money Move
    llJesusll wrote: »
    If you are a 25win player you will always be in that range regarless of your team rating. Remember this post once you have CR7, Gullit, Viera and still win 25.

    The games rigged, whatever your result was in the first week is what bracket you'll be in. This is because EA don't want too many players in the higher ranks. No matter what players you get things in game will go against you to prevent you advancing.

    1st week: 21
    2nd week: 23
    3rd week: 23
    4th week: 25
    5th, 6th, 7th... week: 27-28
    Last week: 31.

    Yeah, you guys are right...

  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think if you persevere and try to continue to improve your game, then you will improve.
  • Danbailey_032
    245 posts Sunday League Hero
    llJesusll wrote: »
    If you are a 25win player you will always be in that range regarless of your team rating. Remember this post once you have CR7, Gullit, Viera and still win 25.

    The games rigged, whatever your result was in the first week is what bracket you'll be in. This is because EA don't want too many players in the higher ranks. No matter what players you get things in game will go against you to prevent you advancing.

    That's not true I got 18 wins at first then few times only 15 now up to 23 wins and have similar team rating
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    sounders3 wrote: »
    Matchmaking needs an overhaul imo. Way to many times you see on champs channel a top 100/elite 1 player playing a guy that finished silver 1/gold 3.

    The matchmaking should be open for first 5 games and after that it matches you with someone in the same tier within a certain amount of skill points. EA has the skill point thing in there to separate top 100 players when they finish on same wins, why not use it for matchmaking?

    At the moment the matchmaking is questionable at best

    I do get this.... But when some people say top 100 players should be playing each other I have to disagree..... There are literally only 99 other players in the top 100... The chances of 2 of them searching for a match at the same time must be really slim....

    But sure, once you hit elite 1 you maybe should only get matched against other elite players...
  • Rob82K
    493 posts An Exciting Prospect
    sounders3 wrote: »

    But sure, once you hit elite 1 you maybe should only get matched against other elite players...

    This is what i thought writing "perfect matchmaking": once you get closer to each level limit, you start to face only opponents in the same points range, which means that i simply cannot pass 25 because i'm not good enough to beat players over that level. This is also pretty fair and i would be ok with that....

    Anyway my next two test are:
    1\play with the same team of the first week
    2\when i feel the game decided i must lose (i am sure you know what i mean), i start to play dirty losing time with ultra defense (despite i am quite sure i will get a goal anyway)
  • MaxxyMousse
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Zv1k0 from 21 wins to 31 wins is a big achievement IMO. What exactly did you do to improve? Changed formation/tactics? Bought new players? It will be a great help if you can share your experience.
  • Zv1k0
    6142 posts Big Money Move
    @Zv1k0 from 21 wins to 31 wins is a big achievement IMO. What exactly did you do to improve? Changed formation/tactics? Bought new players? It will be a great help if you can share your experience.

    I guess its different with me. I think one of the reasons i made such a big step is because I skipped Fifa 17. Before i played every Fifa and i considered myself as a good player, always Div 1 player, constantly winning drafts etc. So i think I just needed to get back into it and it took me couple of weeks. I still think i improved a lot just by playing and watching some pro players.

    Also, I think i got 31 wins because i didnt let the emotions get the better of me. I just didnt care what my opponents did i just wanted to focus on me and thats why I made less mistakes.

    This week for example I only got to 25 wins but this is the week i was raging the most. First i got couple of losses because of power cuts cause of weather and i had terrible gameplay probably because my internet wasnt the best, again the weather. Wind and snow made a big damage in my area so...But, i know for a fact that I could win some games that I lost just if I focused and not let the emotions take control. I think this is a big factor. Not as big as EA but still get important.
  • Jobiwan
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    What
  • riskywhat
    1026 posts Professional
    llJesusll wrote: »
    Vieira and CR7 wins you games. Don't care how bad or good you are. If you have them both you'll be a lot better than your actual ability. People who say big players only contribute a small amount clearly can't afford them. Yh in some circumstances players like Lewandowski, Neuer, Higuain, Pique etc aren't that great.

    Nonsense. I went from a 300k squad to a 3 mil squad in one week and got the same amount of wins.
    Foldsea wrote: »
    Do you think you still would manage same ammount of wins if you used same team as in first few weeks at current time ?
    Maybe you need Viera to keep the same progress as the other team at your level .

    Just a thought

    I haven't tested this theory in FUT18, but I did test it in FUT17 after someone suggested that was the reason my TOTS squad hadn't improved my number of wins in WL. I actually got 1 more win with the cheap squad.

    I believe it's the matchmaking system. It must take team rating / number of special cards into account when matching you. If it can't find someone your level with a similar rated team it seems like it matches you against a better ranked player with a worse team.

  • fifaplayerbol
    4378 posts National Call-Up
    In FIFA 17 I went from 18-19 wins a WL to 31

    In FIFA 18 I have gradually improved from 25 to roughly around 27/28. My team at the start though was comparatively much better than anyone else's, now mine seems just above average.
  • Loyal-to-LFC
    1184 posts Professional
    I rarely complete all the games these days but up until this weekend i usually finish on 21 with about 5/6 left. Once I lose 2-3 in a row i give up. Didnt happen this weekend and I finished on 29 with 2 remaining. Potm salah made the difference mainly so yeah for me team helps.
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    Well I’ve been mid 20s all season then had a 2 week break. Came back and I won 6 this weekend.
    I’ve also won 8 out of my last 50 games in total on the game.

    Anybody explain that?? I have never encountered what I’m encountering on the game at the moment and there was I thinking it couldn’t get any worse.

    What a truly awful game to play this is, yet a truly fantastic theory and setup. So disappointed at the moment
  • JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    I also have 5 prime icons...
  • bigpokey24
    5240 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe yall take the game super serious. .just have fun and move on..wins or loses matters not... the squad you use in the WL, are way more expensive than the packs or coins you get.. so why do people get to worked up? I play to get 18 wins during the WL , and when I get there I stop.. this way I look forward to playing it again the following weekend.....Even right now you get people trying son hard in online friendlies. .. EA has created so many try hards who wishes to become the next gorrila
  • TurdFerguson
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Maybe yall take the game super serious. .just have fun and move on..wins or loses matters not... the squad you use in the WL, are way more expensive than the packs or coins you get.. so why do people get to worked up? I play to get 18 wins during the WL , and when I get there I stop.. this way I look forward to playing it again the following weekend.....Even right now you get people trying son hard in online friendlies. .. EA has created so many try hards who wishes to become the next gorrila
    Not only without merit this
Sign In or Register to comment.