ea needs to fire all of their online network engineer/developer/programmer and start anew

speedyfeint
67 posts Park Captain
i quit playing fifa online for about 2 years becuase the laggy games were unbearable.
i bought xbox one x recently and decided to give fifa another shot this year so bought fifa 18 in november.
same laggy sht.
nothing changed.
contacted ea and as usual, they give you generic scripted answers and blame my internet connection.
then explain this, ea.
i NEVER have laggy online experience in all other games..
even in fast paced first person shooting games like overwatch, i NEVER EVER have lag or input delays.
i have to conclude that ea doesn't know how to code.
i think game itself (fifa 18) is a good game.. it's just the online part is laggy mess that's unplayable.
i bet if they fire all their online/network coders and hire a bunch from blizzard or other companies, this issue will totally go away once and for all.

Comments

• GabrielOmarBatistuta
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I agree, it's incredible in 2017
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Fifa has over three times the udp fps will send so that's three times the udp packet loss too
  • Ryno
    6567 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa has over three times the udp fps will send so that's three times the udp packet loss too

Anyone who knows what they are talking about, like you, would understand that Fifa will never be perfect from a programming standpoint. Which is why it these threads bother the hell out of me.

Get mad at EAs decisions on what they want the programmers to make, but the people who make the game are good at what they do for sure. Maybe not the best of the best, but definitely good
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NornIron
    15362 posts World Class
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    The game has AMAZING net code, like, literally AMAZING.

Level of response is unreal.

In those FPS games you're talking about, you do realise you don't actually see the lag, cause what you see on the screen is client side, and all the "calculations" that lag affects are server side.

If you have lag in FIFA, it's either your connection, your opponents connection or the FUT Champs servers are fara way from you.

Delay every match 80/20mb broadband about 24 latency on the Xbox and about 70 miles from the Fut champs server.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain

In those FPS games you're talking about, you do realise you don't actually see the lag, cause what you see on the screen is client side, and all the "calculations" that lag affects are server side.

If you have lag in FIFA, it's either your connection, your opponents connection or the FUT Champs servers are fara way from you.

no.
    just no.
    average consumers like me don't care about technical details.
    i paid hard earned cash for this product and i expect it to work.
    and as i told you it's not my connection... out of all 20+ online games i play, fifa is the only one lagging like hell.
    i don't know where fut champ servers are located but i live in north america (west coast).
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2017

no.
    just no.
    and as i told you it's not my connection... out of all 20+ online games i play, fifa is the only one lagging like hell.
    i don't know where fut champ servers are located but i live in north america (west coast).

Read my post above in reply to the other guy.

The games netcode is fine, literally amazing, EA nailed it, if there's delay, it's not the games "code", it's a problem with your internet, your console or you're just far away from the Champs server

To figure out if you're far away from it, you can do what I said above, that way you will know for sure if it's just because of your location or because of another reason

Simply trying to help and offer the means in which to figure out what is the problem

@speedyfeint

yeah netcode is fine and simple google search on fifa lag will show millions of hits that are basically saying the same thing as me.. they don't experience online lag in other games.. only in fifa.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain

no.
    just no.

The games netcode is fine, literally amazing, EA nailed it, if there's delay, it's not the games "code", it's a problem with your internet, your console or you're just far away from the Champs server

To figure out if you're far away from it, you can do what I said above, that way you will know for sure if it's just because of your location or because of another reason

Simply trying to help and offer the means in which to figure out what is the problem

@speedyfeint

yeah netcode is fine and simple google search on fifa lag will show millions of hits that are basically saying the same thing as me.. they don't experience online lag in other games.. only in fifa.

Ok so I specifically explained to you what the problem is.

And instead you act like a whining child not getting what he wants.

Grow up and get a clue.

because i already did all that.
    actually more than that.
    like switching my isp, upgrading my connection, running namebench and trying other dns servers, deleting my profiles on xbox, updating my controller's firmware, you name it, i've done it.
    that's why i concluded there is no fix for this and ea simply sucks at netcoding.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    Now forgive me for not being very technical here because it's not really my thing.

Anyway, a couple of years ago I had massive lag issues. Got on to EA who asked me to do various tests. Did them and what they told me to do was effectively split my connection in 2 and dedicate half of it to my PS4.

I did as asked and can honestly say I just do not get lag unless I stupidly accept a match on less than 4 bar latency - which frankly is my own fault.

I'm sure someone else on here can tell you what it is ive done technically speaking. But the point is there's 0 point saying you just want a game to work if it's not the games fault. You have to look elsewhere.
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Now forgive me for not being very technical here because it's not really my thing.

Anyway, a couple of years ago I had massive lag issues. Got on to EA who asked me to do various tests. Did them and what they told me to do was effectively split my connection in 2 and dedicate half of it to my PS4.

I did as asked and can honestly say I just do not get lag unless I stupidly accept a match on less than 4 bar latency - which frankly is my own fault.

I'm sure someone else on here can tell you what it is ive done technically speaking. But the point is there's 0 point saying you just want a game to work if it's not the games fault. You have to look elsewhere.

i have an asus nt66u routher with merlin firmware and i already dedicated 80% of my bandwidth to my xbox one x and gave it the highest priority.
    still the same laggy crap.
  • CfcBlue
    3957 posts National Call-Up
    I never blame EA for the product itself. The product they put out is the top of the food chain. It’s more FUt and hey they choose to monopolize money into the game. Pack weight secrecies and the like, scripting which is all more about the companies credibility. However, I’ve experienced less than 10 laggy games this whole season and I’ve qualified for every WL. If I see the game will start with orange bars then I’m out. However I live in Orange County CA so maybe nonbig issue with servers like some others.
  • Alex_cr
    5936 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »

i have an asus nt66u routher with merlin firmware and i already dedicated 80% of my bandwidth to my xbox one x and gave it the highest priority.
    still the same laggy ****.

Now that means nothing to me but I'm guessing that's similar to what I've done! Just thought I'd put my suggestion in anyway. Obviously it won't help so I'll go away now.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain

no.
    just no.

@speedyfeint

Grow up and get a clue.

actually more than that.
    like switching my isp, upgrading my connection, running namebench and trying other dns servers, deleting my profiles on xbox, updating my controller's firmware, you name it, i've done it.
    that's why i concluded there is no fix for this and ea simply sucks at netcoding.

Are you unable to understand what I'm telling you to do?

You didn't specifically do what I said.

DNS servers, profiles, your connection, etc

NONE OF THAT MATTERS if you're too far away from your server

I am telling you ways in which to check for the location of your FUT Champs server that you get placed on

You might live in town M on the map for instance

A B C D E F G H I J K L > M < N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The servers for your region might be at town V and town D

That would mean, due to GEOGRAPHICAL reasons (EA didn't create the earth) you are simply inconveniently far away from your Champs servers options

Which means there's nothing you can do about it, and it's not an issue with EA's net code, which 100% it isn't, as they have one of the best net codes for online gaming, in FIFA anyways

it's not only about fut champs server.
    i mostly play online season divisions and i believe they don't even run on servers.
    and as i told you, average consumers like me don't care about those technical details.
    i live in north america west coast and i think it's reasonable to expect it to simply work... it's not like i'm living in the middle of freaking african desert or something.
    if it's because i'm far away from server, ea should make more servers in more locations.. simple as that.
    i mean all other games work like i expected, why can't fifa?
  • CfcBlue
    3957 posts National Call-Up
    Hahaaa African desert... I bet you there’s giraffes with better connections
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • speedyfeint
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2017

no.
    just no.

@speedyfeint

Grow up and get a clue.

actually more than that.

Are you unable to understand what I'm telling you to do?

You didn't specifically do what I said.

DNS servers, profiles, your connection, etc

NONE OF THAT MATTERS if you're too far away from your server

I am telling you ways in which to check for the location of your FUT Champs server that you get placed on

You might live in town M on the map for instance

A B C D E F G H I J K L > M < N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The servers for your region might be at town V and town D

That would mean, due to GEOGRAPHICAL reasons (EA didn't create the earth) you are simply inconveniently far away from your Champs servers options

Which means there's nothing you can do about it, and it's not an issue with EA's net code, which 100% it isn't, as they have one of the best net codes for online gaming, in FIFA anyways

it's not only about fut champs server.
    i mostly play online season divisions and i believe they don't even run on servers.
    and as i told you, average consumers like me don't care about those technical details.
    i live in north america west coast and i think it's reasonable to expect it to simply work... it's not like i'm living in the middle of freaking african desert or something.
    if it's because i'm far away from server, ea should make more servers in more locations.. simple as that.
    i mean all other games work like i expected, why can't fifa?

First of all, Seasons is NOT on servers.

Seasons is purely p2p (peer 2 peer)

You not caring about technical details is fine, but you can't expect to figure out a problem if you don't care about technical details.

It's like if your car isn't working, and you just start yelling "I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW CARS WORK, I EXPECT IT TO RUN"

You'd go to a mechanic in that case, and if you didn't go to a mechanic and rang one then they'd try their best to explain it to you (like what I'm trying to do now)

Understand?

Yes, EA could have more servers, I agree with that, in Australia I'm pretty sure we only have 1 server hub, I could be mistaken, but I've never felt the connection to be different so never bothered to check.

Take World of Warcraft, perfect example, they have 2 sets of USA servers, West and East coast, pretty sure they're the only 2 server locations.

So I imagine EA would only have 2-4 (would be insane if there were more) locations for servers in USA.

They might even have only 1 to be honest lol.

99.99999% of people who buy a brand new car and found out it's not running properly would be pissed off and start yelling.
    you can't expect them to be calm and go to the mechanic and try to 'learn' about wonderful parts inside their cars.
    so i don't know if you analogy is proper in this case.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    there is not a thread that has the remotest dig at EA where you will not find sonnyfilth with the company line.

When a person BUYS something its reasonable for them to expect it to work. Listening to your unofficial "explanations" does nothing for them.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1282 posts Professional
    The fact the ea servers cant handle a 1v1 game where as other games like fortnite can have a 100 players in one server and loads running at the same time tells you everything you need to know how bad ea servers actually are and how laughable of a game fifa really is.

I still see people in bed with ea on this forum dosen't suprise me one bit.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • realbrutal
    993 posts Professional
    Didn't read much of the thread. Can't be asked.

Here is how to solve lag issue simply:

Once matchup starts if ping is high kick player out.

During the game monitor pings of both players. If one goes high then kick that player out and give him a loss.

Harsh but this will eliminate most lag and teach people to play with a good connection.
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    I think one wildcard that no one is mentioning is lag compensation. @sonnyfilth mentions he has no lag but has a crappy connection, @speedyfeint mentions he has a good connection and lives close to the servers, I think there’s a decent chance you’re getting hit by lag compensating/balancing. I live on the West Coast too, with a Gigabit connection, and I get minor delays all the time, not lag (wheel spinning in game) but I get slight delay, almost like input delay. This is the most prevalent when I play someone from another county
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
  • EGOBABYGROOT
    73 posts Park Captain
    slow match with horroable delay with good ping in other game
  • SeaDawgBob
    1019 posts Professional
    SeaDawgBob wrote: »
    I think one wildcard that no one is mentioning is lag compensation. @sonnyfilth mentions he has no lag but has a crappy connection, @speedyfeint mentions he has a good connection and lives close to the servers, I think there’s a decent chance you’re getting hit by lag compensating/balancing. I live on the West Coast too, with a Gigabit connection, and I get minor delays all the time, not lag (wheel spinning in game) but I get slight delay, almost like input delay. This is the most prevalent when I play someone from another county

@SeaDawgBob

That's not correct.

I have a poor download speed and upload speed, but good ping to my servers due to my location and using a low ping line.

He doesn't know where his servers are located, that's what I was trying to help him establish.

There's no lag compensation in FIFA or VERY VERY little.

Wheel spinning in game is packet loss/nearly dropping out, that's from the server being unable to reach the person.

What you're describing is the definition of lag lol.

My ping to the Cali server is less than 20, games that I play on Fut Champs that are against foreign players (usually Mexico) are nothing like the games that I play against a US Player. And before you ask how do I know where their from, I usually ask.