The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the GOAT LP Bagnall/Ivan F2M98H XL Muzza VFB Primal OH LALA ORISON

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    34414 posts National Team Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    just beat an occasional t100 player. actually deserved to win too. impressed myself.

then lost 3 in a row in d1...

Divisions are pointless this year

practice though. practice makes worse in my case.

It’s because the level of play in divisions is about 5 levels below the WL.

not really true. played two people with 3:1 records and one with an 8:1. the average wl player isn't in d1, some through lack of playing but some couldn't get there. three of the four people i've played in d1 today have finished elite at some point.

I’m in D1 and win games with no issues on divisions. I think I have just 5 losses iirc. But the level of play in seasons as a whole is terrible compared to WL. Sure you may play a decent player every now and then but as a whole it’s terrible. You’re better off playing friendlies and arguably the DKO

but you're an elite player aren't you? the average wl player gets 20 wins. people in d1 are gold 1 on average or thereabouts. of course you'll find it easier. because when you get a good record in champs the standard of opponent usually goes up. the first 20 games of wl are definitely easier than d1.

Gold 1-elite 3 when I finish my games. Didn’t you finish elite last year though regular? Could be wrong and don’t mean any offense if I am. I just think if you’re trying to better your play, seasons isn’t the way to go imo. Recommend friendlies against forumers or even guys you played the previous weekend.
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    4231(2) solid this yr ?
  • ImmigrantMentality
    6593 posts Big Money Move
    just beat an occasional t100 player. actually deserved to win too. impressed myself.

not really true. played two people with 3:1 records and one with an 8:1. the average wl player isn't in d1, some through lack of playing but some couldn't get there. three of the four people i've played in d1 today have finished elite at some point.

I’m in D1 and win games with no issues on divisions. I think I have just 5 losses iirc. But the level of play in seasons as a whole is terrible compared to WL. Sure you may play a decent player every now and then but as a whole it’s terrible. You’re better off playing friendlies and arguably the DKO

but you're an elite player aren't you? the average wl player gets 20 wins. people in d1 are gold 1 on average or thereabouts. of course you'll find it easier. because when you get a good record in champs the standard of opponent usually goes up. the first 20 games of wl are definitely easier than d1.

Gold 1-elite 3 when I finish my games. Didn’t you finish elite last year though regular? Could be wrong and don’t mean any offense if I am. I just think if you’re trying to better your play, seasons isn’t the way to go imo. Recommend friendlies against forumers or even guys you played the previous weekend.

at this point last year i was on the cusp of elite. hit my first elite late december i think. best finish this year is 28 but got 21 this week :*

not many on here midweek tbf so d1 is the best i can find.
  • ImmigrantMentality
    Orison wrote: »

The average wl player doesn't get 20 wins, because that would assume that the average guy also plays all 40 games. I would say the average WL player gets way less than 20 wins, but the win average of people actually playing all 40 is more like 25.

simply not true
  • Orison wrote: »

The average wl player doesn't get 20 wins, because that would assume that the average guy also plays all 40 games. I would say the average WL player gets way less than 20 wins, but the win average of people actually playing all 40 is more like 25.

simply not true

It's atleast 23+ imo. It's nowhere near 20, because all these guys who would finish 15-25 to compensate for all the gold 1 players are simply not finishing their games.
  • ha032742
    41958 posts Moderator
    Anyone else notice that when the goalkeeper auto clears from your pass back, you can’t select a player whilst the balls in the air to head it on...so annoying :s
  • ha032742 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that when the goalkeeper auto clears from your pass back, you can’t select a player whilst the balls in the air to head it on...so annoying :s

I still don't understand when or why my keeper is auto clearing it. It has something to do with how close the nearest attacker is, but I have no clue how big that radius is. Still confusing when I press buttons and my keeper ignores all of them to blindly smash the ball.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34414 posts National Team Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »

I experienced this this weekend. Mostly when the opponent had a player within 20 yards or so of the GK when you pass it to him. So annoying
  • M98H
    13926 posts Has That Special Something
    Think I'm just gunna save for 95 maradona. Have him at CAM, CR7 and Prime Henry up top. Have 1.9 with elite rewards and a T100 pack to open so shouldn't take me to long
  • ImmigrantMentality
    M98H wrote: »
    Think I'm just gunna save for 95 maradona. Have him at CAM, CR7 and Prime Henry up top. Have 1.9 with elite rewards and a T100 pack to open so shouldn't take me to long

buy mine B)

ill probs accidentally list him up for min at some point so keep yours eyes peeled
  • M98H
    13926 posts Has That Special Something
    M98H wrote: »

buy mine B)

ill probs accidentally list him up for min at some point so keep yours eyes peeled

I would if I wasn't infected with the fresh disease :joy:
  • If you had 100-200k for the back 5 in 433 (3), who would you get?

Both CDMs are icons (Rui and Blanc)
  • Olleman
    14851 posts World Class
    If you had 100-200k for the back 5 in 433 (3), who would you get?

Sandro, Benatia, Manolas, Florenzi, Buffon (Chiellini if you want him)
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Any dko requirements?

Max of 6 from one league in starting 11 + subs

Cheers Don.
  • ScouserChris
    3824 posts National Call-Up
    xciljw wrote: »
    @EmperialChris U know this guy Emperial Gaucho? Played him in WL yesterday. Think he RQ somewhere 2nd half, man got lucky first half though. :# Know quite a few Emperial players by now but never heard of him.

He's on the academy team lol
  • MikeyP_FC
    14665 posts Has That Special Something

433-3? For starting chem?
  • Adamski
    9995 posts Has That Special Something
    edited December 2017

simply not true
    he's the king of just making 🎃🎃🎃🎃 up
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something

DKOs is a joke. the last 2 rounds is fillied with randomized bs.... n inconsistent bad gameplay. Friendlies is probably the only real way to get some good practice in for wl.
  • Argie8
    6652 posts Big Money Move

simply not true

It's atleast 23+ imo. It's nowhere near 20, because all these guys who would finish 15-25 to compensate for all the gold 1 players are simply not finishing their games.

Yeah i think you're right. Most average WL players dont play all 40. If you're playing all 40 then most of the time its because you're good. There are way more players that play all 40 who get 25-30 than people who get 10-15 wins and play all 40 as most at that level cba to play all their games.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »

I still don't understand when or why my keeper is auto clearing it. It has something to do with how close the nearest attacker is, but I have no clue how big that radius is. Still confusing when I press buttons and my keeper ignores all of them to blindly smash the ball.

My ddg auto cleared a ball because i was passing to my LB and the game decided it was for ddg instead, I was in the middle circle, there was NO ONE near ddg and he auto cleared it to my opponents forward lmao
  • GRobinho10
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EddieFicio still using drift wide on the ST on the 4231 ?
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    GRobinho10 wrote: »
    @EddieFicio still using drift wide on the ST on the 4231 ?

Im using 4321 now mate but yeah, use drift wide on 4231
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32213 posts National Team Captain
    I actually need to qualify this week :D

Hangoverleft me on 12 wins with 20 left. Silver is where all the icons are packed right?
  • Maverick
    8721 posts League Winner

Hangoverleft me on 12 wins with 20 left. Silver is where all the icons are packed right?

Bronze m8
  • WFCBagnall
    90447 posts Moderator

Excuses.
  • MikeyP_FC wrote: »

433-3? For starting chem?

@MikeyP_FC indeed
    7cecc710ca8531a44cd775682135cd55.png
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner

I packed Alaba from silver 2 a couple of weeks ago!
  • Straight down the ebay route :#
    d6505a390f81809324184ff19c25a20b.png