FIFA 18 Disaster after patch

2

Comments

  • Wow. Such a shame. The game was good about a month ago. Actually best fifa yet, had more fun than frustration playing it online. You could be unpredictable and try something new every time. Now it’s back to unrealistic one touch passing and one two runners to beat an ai defense. If you don’t do this the ai defense smothers the offense leaving no space. * button bashers back to having an advantage.
  • OldDirtyPackthis
    315 posts Sunday League Hero
    Before the patch my only main concern was goalies and I think it was what most people's beef with ea was all about, every finesse, every long shot and anything below the knee regardless of distance and angle was a goal, they had one job and now look at it, a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of a game how can you ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so much up when what the majority of players had 1 thing they wanted fixing.
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2017
    I was absolutely brilliant before they released the first patch I got to division 4 with only 1 loss and then after I was 50-50 then everyone was started crying because it was too hard so they made it easy for people by making it fifa 17 again which I didn’t play because u couldn’t get icons on PS4 EA should get done for misguiding people to think they was buying a new product but in reality they sold u Fifa 17 again lol
  • This is a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    I just bought a FIFA 18 from sale in PSN. At first I was curious why the gameplay is different, nothing like from the demo. I intended to buy it because I loves the demo! Now they made it like FIFA 17 again!!
    I stopped playing in November 2016 because they patched it into a pingpong ball game with superhuman defender and boring gamelay, now the did it again!!
    Total scam from EA, how do I refund?
  • Rich77
    6 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2017
    Pre the patch FIFA18 was a great football simulation game the CPUs seemed to have at least more than one brain cell in comparison to FIFA17 me and my mates took our club up to Div1 the three of us after the patch we gave up on the club as we now were back to playing the crap FIFA17 cpus brain dead, players able to run through people at will and even if they did not score the CPUs at the back would set them up a treat even though they were assisting the opposition. Button lag has also returned along with keepers getting stuck in the corner of their box and when they do finally kick the ball out it goes straight out into touch regardless talk about moronic who coded this dung pile? Add in cheating scum bags at 99+ and EA nukes all players and even worse you can no longer raise your stats because as soon as you stop playing they reset! It is mental EA sort this pile of dung out take us back to 18 and fix our pros we who did not cheat but have been reduced from 93 to 91 and are stuck there because progress is no longer stored, people are getting more mad at you by the second and your share price is plummeting perhaps we your foolishly loyal customers should form a consumer group and on mass dump your next FIFA release in protest at your lack of customer care to people who have supported your FIFA series of game through thin and thinner it is pure incompetence on your part to not fix this mess as your game is no longer fit for purpose and under UK law I think we can all claim refunds!!!
  • hooligan87
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shm55 wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    ciup wrote: »
    Unbelievable what EA did with that stupid patch. Everyone was enjoying the game (except maybe the weak GK), every gaming website had raving reviews and celebrating the new gameplay and then.... this happened.

    Most reviews are about offline and the journey, the gameplay for that hasn't changed as much as FUT, offline is very enjoyable and challenging
    ciup wrote: »
    Unbelievable what EA did with that stupid patch. Everyone was enjoying the game (except maybe the weak GK), every gaming website had raving reviews and celebrating the new gameplay and then.... this happened.

    So before the patch I actually scored a goal with Robben by cutting inside and shooting from far range in the top corner, you know, what Robben usually does in real life (Before you say that shooting was overpowered, THAT IS WHAT ROBBEN DOES. If you let him do his thing, he scores these wondergoals. Opponent should have blocked him when cutting inside.)

    After the patch it's almost impossible to do that because every shot gets blocked by the stupid defenders. Decent GKs save EVERYTHING that is being thrown at them from inside the box or near the box, regardless if it's Ronaldo or Loftus-Cheek shooting. The only way to score goals now is low driven finesse shots or passing to another player in the box. That works everytime and all the goals I see are some variation of this. It`s amazingly boring.

    This is neither football, nor fun. I get it that FIFA is mostly arcade, but at least let it be a fun and creative arcade game.

    Just watch a youtube video of PES 18 gameplay and see how varied and fun that looks. You can actually score the type of goals some of the players score in real life. The sad thing is FIFA 18 was similarly good before the patch. Yeah, GKs needed some improvement, but not this overpowerd BS.

    Come on EA, bring FIFA 18 back. You were actually on the right track with the gameplay.

    No way ! You are wrong !
    Befor patch every shot outside the box was a goal.
    You can't stop the player when running.

    Now is more fun to play and realist

    I agree! Whined by those who do not know how to play! Who loved to score long shots! Because of these EA makes the game simple so they could play!
  • TacticalTugTeam
    1366 posts Professional
    Grahamu1 wrote: »
    The update patch is shocking, sooo bad. Was into this new fifa & now can't be bothered with it.
    They need to change it back. Its like shooting with a flat ball now - passing is OP now. I loved the long shooting, was feeling realistic now its just stupid

    "Passing is OP now?"

    Passing has always been too assisted for the whole of FIFA18 it requires no skill lol even noobs can have 90% pass accuracy.
  • hooligan87
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squanch wrote: »
    Shm55 wrote: »
    flcinusa wrote: »
    ciup wrote: »
    Unbelievable what EA did with that stupid patch. Everyone was enjoying the game (except maybe the weak GK), every gaming website had raving reviews and celebrating the new gameplay and then.... this happened.

    Most reviews are about offline and the journey, the gameplay for that hasn't changed as much as FUT, offline is very enjoyable and challenging
    ciup wrote: »
    Unbelievable what EA did with that stupid patch. Everyone was enjoying the game (except maybe the weak GK), every gaming website had raving reviews and celebrating the new gameplay and then.... this happened.

    So before the patch I actually scored a goal with Robben by cutting inside and shooting from far range in the top corner, you know, what Robben usually does in real life (Before you say that shooting was overpowered, THAT IS WHAT ROBBEN DOES. If you let him do his thing, he scores these wondergoals. Opponent should have blocked him when cutting inside.)

    After the patch it's almost impossible to do that because every shot gets blocked by the stupid defenders. Decent GKs save EVERYTHING that is being thrown at them from inside the box or near the box, regardless if it's Ronaldo or Loftus-Cheek shooting. The only way to score goals now is low driven finesse shots or passing to another player in the box. That works everytime and all the goals I see are some variation of this. It`s amazingly boring.

    This is neither football, nor fun. I get it that FIFA is mostly arcade, but at least let it be a fun and creative arcade game.

    Just watch a youtube video of PES 18 gameplay and see how varied and fun that looks. You can actually score the type of goals some of the players score in real life. The sad thing is FIFA 18 was similarly good before the patch. Yeah, GKs needed some improvement, but not this overpowerd BS.

    Come on EA, bring FIFA 18 back. You were actually on the right track with the gameplay.

    No way ! You are wrong !
    Befor patch every shot outside the box was a goal.
    You can't stop the player when running.

    Now is more fun to play and realist

    It's not. In real life you don't have a computer holding your hand while you block opponent passes.

    In real life the computer does not help to make the passes and shots! Auto-control - kills football simulator!
  • GAZAWI
    70 posts Park Captain
    I'm not really enjoying the game although I can win and dominate others , game is totally depending on pace . Some online and WL match will show you that 80% of players plays with the following : Jesus, martial , mane , rachford , insigni , Gomez , martens and of course alessendreini IF.

    I can't remember the last one who has got lukaku or benzema as ST .

    More over, these people will use these ST as medfeilder and it's not impacting there build play quality, it's all about abusing driven pass from the auto defence to these pacers and run until they score .


    I'm sure if I'm replacing modric , isco and casemero by willian , Jesus and martial , they will do better as medfilder ! This so Arcady
  • Peter66
    67 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2017
    wtf have you done EA.
    game is totally depending on pace.
    Supersonic speed, automatic defending, superhuman goalkeepers and nearly no goals after crosses...

    The game in many connections online is unplayable. 8/10 matches I have ONE SIDE DELAY... This game is rediculous and because it has not net stability. Every online match in fifa has diferend physics and almost every game my oponents score next minutes after me with KICKOFF GLICH -monkey goals

    That's by far the baddest and most HANDICAPING fifa ever, even if you're winning it's doesn't make any fun it's so arcadey.

    Fifa 18 was amazing with a few bad things like keepers and longshots but now, it's unplayable.
    I want my money back. I am 43 years old and play this game 10 years.
    I spent 300 euro in fifa coins to UT (fifa 18)and I can't win online my woman and 8 years old kids because is rediculous,broken and with one side delay.
    E.A make a real,nature football game WITHOUT bullshits,WITHOUT scripting,handicap,fake morale-momentum,one side boost etc
    EA If you can't make a good football game next year in my country will buy this game only 10 years old kids. I will take care of myself for this because you are scammers.
    Post edited by Peter66 on
Sign In or Register to comment.