Icon CAM

Summer69
1309 posts Professional
I have lewandowski untradeable and would like to partner him with cr7 up front in a 4312 which means I need an icon CAM to get cr7 on 7chem.

I need it to be at the lower range as CR7 is so expensive so looking at:
hagi,
rui costa,
bergkamp,
Henrik Larson,
rijkaard,
Crespo,
deco? (all the cheaper versions)

Any thoughts on who is good and who is not in that CAM mid role?

Comments

• Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    I'd go with Hagi
  • BigBadAl696
    1009 posts Professional
    Sbc costa and you get a nice green line :smile:
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional
    @BigBadAl696 that's is true, was thinking of having casemiro in midfield so that would give him 7 chem anyway and keep options open
  • Guininho
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Alessandro Del Piero is your man.
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional
    @Guininho out my price bracket right now, had him on loan, loved him, will miss the finesse shots but I want to get CR7 first
  • Joestoe
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    Rui Costa seems to be the best man at CAM. Crespo is wasted there, he can't really open up the play. Is an excellent striker though. Didn't hear too many good things about Bergkamp.
  • Pugzilla
    15806 posts World Class
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Rui Costa seems to be the best man at CAM. Crespo is wasted there, he can't really open up the play. Is an excellent striker though. Didn't hear too many good things about Bergkamp.

Bergkamp is great not sure who you been talking to.
  • Joestoe
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Joestoe wrote: »

Bergkamp is great not sure who you been talking to.

Baby Bergkamp too? Saw some posts here on the forums that people weren't too excited over him.
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional
    @Joestoe yeh I didn't think Crespo would be any good there, just thought I would throw him in the mix. definitely down to baby hagi, bergkamp and rui costa.........
  • Reus
    22437 posts Club Captain
    Kai9623 wrote: »
    I'd go with Hagi

• Joestoe
    Summer69 wrote: »
    @Joestoe yeh I didn't think Crespo would be any good there, just thought I would throw him in the mix. definitely down to baby hagi, bergkamp and rui costa.........

Would just go with Prime Rui Costa then.
  • BleedBlue
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Del pierooooooo!
  • JIBJAB-DY5
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Out of those I'd 100% go for Hagi
  • UTG
    2411 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've just recently upgraded to 90 Bergkamp, and while the extra pace is nice I actually prefer the shooting and general feel of the 87. His in-games are excellent, the only negative being his stamina (which will still last 90 minutes as long as you don't sprint too much).

Was running a similar set-up with Ron on 7, Dennis CAM, and Modric LCM, and it worked well. Had the 87 for about 250 games this year already, so he'd be my recommendation. Not tried the others on the list, but if you plan on doing any central Prime SBCs later on, then it may well be worth doing Rui and playing him until it's time to trade in maybe?
  • Hibee
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    No one ever mentions him but I used Laudrup for about 200 games in CAM before replacing him with Maradona. He was excellent.
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional
    hmm as tempting as it is to do an sbc, I don't want to limit my finances so would rather have an icon I can sell. Ive always had a love for bergkamp since he was at arsenal and he scored my favorite eve goal with THAT goal against Newcastle, so i'll probably go with him. I'll look to pick him up during the sunday/Monday sell off