opinions please on which icons to buy

Best two icons to buy with 2.5 yere imput would be amazing thanks 1 midfield 1 striker

Comments

• Del Piero & Petit are both decent.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    87 Hernandez
    86 Gullit/Vieira
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    At this stage and pricing I think very few icons are worth the money. If you just buy precisely two at that cost, 88 Petit/85 Blanc and ADP are probably your best bets.

I'd get Vieira personally.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2017
    Icon prices have had a red hot poker under them since Black Friday ended. Honestly best value now is to do the Costa and Overmars SBC.
  • Thanks lads, I was thinking viera but looking at hernandez 700,000 looks alright. ADp 1.4 is he that good?
  • Untradeable would eat my soul
  • richo27
    I have used Hernandez, very good. Feels incredibly fast.
  • I had gullit before, and it just felt different when he had the ball, is viera like that?, I'm scared to spend cause, if I hate him the 5% tax is a killer
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks lads, I was thinking viera but looking at hernandez 700,000 looks alright. ADp 1.4 is he that good?

Most icons can be replaced at 99% effectiveness or higher by standard golds. Those that cannot be are the ones worth the money. In your price bracket the only "unique" icon is ADP. Petit is a shout because he's a better Vidal/Nain, but at 4x the cost.
  • richo27
    Thanks lads, I was thinking viera but looking at hernandez 700,000 looks alright. ADp 1.4 is he that good?

Most icons can be replaced at 99% effectiveness or higher by standard golds. Those that cannot be are the ones worth the money. In your price bracket the only "unique" icon is ADP. Petit is a shout because he's a better Vidal/Nain, but at 4x the cost.

Not sure I totally agree. Overmars is great as I can’t find any other 5* weak foot wingers who fit my team.
  • HektorOvTroy
    1637 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm done with icons unless I pack one or can get one / do an sbc for 300k.

Save your coins.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2017
    richo27 wrote: »

Not sure I totally agree. Overmars is great as I can’t find any other 5* weak foot wingers who fit my team.

Well, I mean unique not as in fits your team, I mean it as different than any other player. Dembele is 99% of Overmars at 1/20 the cost.
  • Andre2908
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    85 Crespo Machine Goals
  • Moose Factory
    5868 posts Big Money Move
    Icon prices are a little out of hand right now.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    87 adp is magic
  • JIBJAB-DY5
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Del piero and Credo, can't go wrong with those
  • Retro_G
    edited December 2017

Hernandez is unique, one of the lads in PS4 section who gets top 100 rates him ahead of fat Ronaldo. You won't get a nif similar to Hernandez, he has a huge amount of traits and specialties.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite

Well, I mean unique not as in fits your team, I mean it as different than any other player. Dembele is 99% of Overmars at 1/20 the cost.

Dembele 99% overmars
    Who u tryna Kid!?!?
    Lol!

• PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »

Hernandez is unique, one of the lads in PS4 section who gets top 100 rates him ahead of fat Ronaldo. You won't get a nif similar to Hernandez, he has a huge amount of traits and specialties.

Specialities don't do anything, they're simply shorthand for stats. OP requested opinions, I gave one. Good luck.
  • Williejno1
    3114 posts National Call-Up

Lol he nowhere near as good as overmars
  • Slinksie
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Prime Luis Hernandez is the goat
  • nope123
    1369 posts Professional
    88 vieira 87 costa, no contest
  • Retro_G
    edited December 2017

Specialities don't do anything, they're simply shorthand for stats. OP requested opinions, I gave one. Good luck.

I know they don't do anything, although they signify how good a player is, call it a badge of honour. Traits change a players game style.

Have you used 87 Hernandez? His goal per game is the same as Ronaldo at 1.09, Aubameyang is 1.02, every other nif is below 1.0 for goals per game average. 26 icons are over the 1.0 average for goals per game. 2 nif player are over the average.

• nope123
    1369 posts Professional

Fat ronaldo has more and better traits. And 5* weak foot. 3* wf kills Hernandez
  • Retro_G
    nope123 wrote: »

Fat ronaldo has more and better traits. And 5* weak foot. 3* wf kills Hernandez

He is deadly on either foot, that 3* feels like 4*.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

I know they don't do anything, although they signify how good a player is, call it a badge of honour. Traits change a players game style.

Have you used 87 Hernandez? His goal per game is the same as Ronaldo at 1.09, Aubameyang is 1.02, every other nif is below 1.0 for goals per game average. 26 icons are over the 1.0 average for goals per game. 2 nif player are over the average.

I've used every icon currently in the game, most extensively, with the exceptions of 91 Dinho, 94 Ronaldo, and Matthaus..
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional
    I would get Baby ADP and Vieira. You won’t be sorry
  • SwankyStyle
    1238 posts Professional
    I’ve been using LB Petit at LCM and he’s awesome. He is faster with better dribbling than his prime and has great defending stats and long shots for about 1/3 of his prime price.

Just switch him to CDM or CM at kick off and sub on someone like Alaba at LB
  • Kman
    3761 posts National Call-Up
    90 ADP is a magician, long shots, finesse from anywhere, 5 star weak foot and the passing!!! Incredible player, game changer 100%
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Andre2908 wrote: »
    85 Crespo Machine Goals

Packed 85, amazing card. Upgraded to 87, insane card.

Paired with unstoppable Jesus at CAM and IF Locadia at ST.