The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Gaming Monitor

Fuego
484 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited November 2017
I'm looking into purchasing a gaming monitor as the input delay on FIFA is horrendous for me as I'm currently playing on a 10 year old big widescreen Sharp HDTV.

I'm just wondering, to the people who previously used to play on a big widescreen TV and started playing on a gaming monitor, how much of a difference did you see with the input delay? What I don't want to do is buy a gaming monitor and for it to make no difference because of the input delay caused by the awful FUT Champions servers...

Comments

• SOL1DS
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    100% better gaming experience. try a hd 4k with 1 ms
    although the true force of such monitors is revealed when playing fps games
  • Fuego
    SOL1DS wrote: »
    100% better gaming experience. try a hd 4k with 1 ms
    although the true force of such monitors is revealed when playing fps games

Will there much difference with buying a £100 - £150 monitor compared to say a £300+ monitor?
  • eRbz26
    1034 posts Professional
    Feels the same unless you like to play ping pong fifa then it won't make much or a difference most people won't notice 1ms to 5ms... gaming monitors are made for games like COD quick turns reflexes
  • Fuego
    eRbz26 wrote: »
    Feels the same unless you like to play ping pong fifa then it won't make much or a difference most people won't notice 1ms to 5ms... gaming monitors are made for games like COD quick turns reflexes

So it's not worthwhile for FIFA then, hmm.. any other opinions?
  • Mmandras
    2974 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2017
    I have tried this WL to hook up PS4 to a monitor. I have even pluged DS4 controller and set connection to USB. And guess what... 97% of button lag comes from EA servers and not input latency from both bluetooth joypad and TV. The game feels much smoother on TV after 23h comparing to horrible gameplay in the weekend normal hours on monitor.
  • ZLFC
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2017
    Last year I was a constant Gold 1 player and finished elite 3 once in 3 months, since moving to a monitor I havent finished below Elite 3 and thats been about 6 full months of WL using a monitor can be the difference between winning 50/50 situations and was a game changer.
  • Fuego
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I have tried this WL to hook up PS4 to a monitor. I have even pluged DS4 controller and set connection to USB. And guess what... 97% of button lag comes from EA servers and not input latency from both bluetooth joypad and TV. The game feels much smoother on TV after 23h comparing to horrible gameplay in the weekend normal hours on monitor.
    Which monitor did you use?
    ZLFC wrote: »
    Last year I was a constant Gold 1 player and finished elite 3 once in 3 months, since moving to a monitor I havent finished below Elite 3 and thats been about 6 months now. using a monitor can be the difference between winning 50/50 situations and was a game changer.
    oh okay, that's interesting - which monitor do you use?

• ZLFC
    Fuego wrote: »
    Mmandras wrote: »
    Which monitor did you use?
    ZLFC wrote: »
    Last year I was a constant Gold 1 player and finished elite 3 once in 3 months, since moving to a monitor I havent finished below Elite 3 and thats been about 6 months now. using a monitor can be the difference between winning 50/50 situations and was a game changer.
    oh okay, that's interesting - which monitor do you use?

Mine is a really old monitor, about 7 years old, not sure what model it is but I know that it has 5ms response time. Im looking to buy a new monitor in a couple of weeks and was looking at the BENQ rl2455 which is used at LAN events apparently.
  • Fuego
    I found out the MS of my TV is apparently 6... So will I not notice much of a difference then?
  • ZLFC
    What ive been told is that input lag is more important than response time for gaming but its hardly listed anywhere.
  • I have a BenQ 24 inch RL2455 (1ms reaction time and I love it!) great quality for gaming and Netflix
  • Fuego
    I have a BenQ 24 inch RL2455 (1ms reaction time and I love it!) great quality for gaming and Netflix

Yeah i've heard about that monitor a few times, did you use to game on a TV before or no ?
  • FIFA Input lag!!! Uph I’ve almost tried everything except the gaming monitor.
    I was searching online and saw this.
    Tell me have u got it and is there any deferent.
    Or is FiFa server.
  • Yangster1984
    346 posts Sunday League Hero
    There will be improvement using gaming monitor compared to tv based on my experience. But when the server wants to delay your input, it will still happen. Also based on my experience lol