in before no BF packs and crash

Comments

• FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Good stuff.

Did lol at the sweaty gamer at the end :D
  • Knowlesdinho
    13373 posts Has That Special Something
    In before @DaveSaves says it's not gambling!
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Be careful what you wish for when it comes to Fifa and packs.
  • Knowlesdinho

It's funny, because traders benefit from FIFA point buyers, it's a symbiotic relationship.

I truly feel the gaming industry needs a shake up though.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

''FLASH SALE: get Ronaldo 94 for £1,200 and save £800''

• jdros
    2657 posts Fans' Favourite

It's funny, because traders benefit from FIFA point buyers, it's a symbiotic relationship.

If there weren’t people buying packs and introducing extra cards / coins to the game, trading as we know it wouldn’t exist.

I love the whales, they are the reason I don’t have any urge to spend $ on this game.

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain

Because it isn't.

• Fab
    19474 posts World Class
    You don't want a FUT without lootboxes. This isn't comparable to other games.
  • frozenslash
    2271 posts Fans' Favourite
    Santiago wrote: »

Because it isn't.

Exactly what an addict would say...
  • Knowlesdinho
    jdros wrote: »

If there weren’t people buying packs and introducing extra cards / coins to the game, trading as we know it wouldn’t exist.

I love the whales, they are the reason I don’t have any urge to spend $ on this game.

I agree somewhat because I love trading too, but I also feel that we've almost become conditioned to accept that some of these practices by the big games companies are acceptable. Many of them aren't.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    I 've wished the last 3 years they would stop doing so many packs all the time. I liked it at first, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Seems like its been weeks. I know SB has a lot more packs being opened than normal, but surely ea cant be making enough just off premium gold packs.
  • Shaanxz
    21458 posts Club Captain
    LOotboxes and packs are different
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2017
    In before DaveSaves says it's not gambling!

Because it isn't.

You're gambling on getting something good.

No one buys a pack because they want a Winston Reid.
  • Guesteelneck
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect

Because it isn't.

Hahaha :D
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Big difference between Fifa and BF.

IF you want to play with Messi/Ronaldo you can do so in minutes by going single player/online seasons etc. You buy packs with FP not actual money. If you think EA didn't have serious lawyers look into this before than you're grossly underestimating their team. They have legally covered themselves air tight and any court would throw it out. It says on the pack exactly what you get in it, they never say certain player as that would be gambling if you don't get him.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    I can't believe people don't think that packs are a gamble.
    Just because you get something back every time doesn't mean that you are not gambling. In your opinion if the lottery would offer 1 prize every time like 1 cent for each ticket, but the lucky one gets millions you would not call that a gamble because you always get a prize? Or if you want change money to other prizes like a a 10 cents toy for every ticket, it's still a prize you know exactly what you get a toy or millions.
  • Neophyte
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I hope to God this game mode is forced to use currency acquired in game only and then EA might actually give us a proper career mode for 19.
    It makes me so happy to see governments finally getting involved with company like EA that use psychological means to prey on kids for money especially to those who could be vulnerable to addiction.
    It would force EA to make actual good games like the rest of them.
  • JimmyVulmer
    6508 posts Big Money Move

Because it isn't.

• Matt_Cornwall
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    Blarix wrote: »

''FLASH SALE: get Ronaldo 94 for £1,200 and save £800''

If I follow my wife's logic I'm saving us £800, I'd be stupid not to buy him
  • frozenslash
    2271 posts Fans' Favourite

IF you want to play with Messi/Ronaldo you can do so in minutes by going single player/online seasons etc. You buy packs with FP not actual money. If you think EA didn't have serious lawyers look into this before than you're grossly underestimating their team. They have legally covered themselves air tight and any court would throw it out. It says on the pack exactly what you get in it, they never say certain player as that would be gambling if you don't get him.

But that’s the same vein as throwing a dice. You’re not guaranteed to get a six but you can get one. Belgium have already decided it is gambling and are pushing its legality in European court. If they win or not is something completely different as although they may not currently break the legal code of gambling. It is obviously 100% gambling. You pay for the chance.
  • WFCBagnall
    78923 posts Moderator

Because it isn't.

Apart from @Dan is Clutch
  • Knowlesdinho

Because it isn't.

Any dictionary definition will support that it is a form of gambling.

I have to deal with people every week in my job that have got addicted to buying things like FPs and in app purchases, hoping to hit the jackpot. They then realise they don't have enough money to live, are in debt and ruin their credit rating.

It's a reality that I face the ugly underbelly of these micro transactions. I'm not totally against them, but there needs to be some change to help vulnerable people who can't regulate themselves.

When you have somebody crying in front of you because they can't afford food, you see how bad this problem really is.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    It’s not gambling.
  • The king
    422 posts An Exciting Prospect

And how do you get the green FP?

It it ain’t free dude!
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

And how do you get the green FP?

It it ain’t free dude!

That is where EA is covered, do you not get it?

If you could straight away purchase packs with cash it would have been a different ball game.
  • Legends.1878
    3646 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a gamble in the sense of not knowing what players are in the packs but come on I remember we used to get footy stickers as a kid - can we go back and sue Panini because they were getting us to gamble?
    Sick of reading pathetic posts about everything that’s wrong with the game
    Simple fix - don’t like packs or the idea of them? Don’t * buy them
    These millennials man
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3598 posts National Call-Up
    In my mind it's gambling by nature but it's difficult to distinguish between these and the physical playing card packs kids buy.
  • Eyeball
    281 posts Sunday League Hero

:lol:

Regulation of practices that are considered predatory is always likely to happen, especially to protect kids and vulnerable adults. Legislation is introduced to provide consumers with statutory rights and it is very unlikely a company would choose to ignore these statutory rights .

Legislation will probably be introduced that will prevent companies from including gambling-like elements of chance in games without a license to do so. Doing so without a license would result in the company getting wrecked for breaking the law. :tongue:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    It’s a gamble in the sense of not knowing what players are in the packs but come on I remember we used to get footy stickers as a kid - can we go back and sue Panini because they were getting us to gamble?
    Sick of reading pathetic posts about everything that’s wrong with the game
    Simple fix - don’t like packs or the idea of them? Don’t * buy them
    These millennials man

Do you mind - the adults are trying to have a discussion here.
  • Dan is Clutch
    28603 posts Player of the Year
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

Because it isn't.

Apart from @Dan is Clutch

B)