Why is everyone so defensive?

FixYourGame
491 posts An Exciting Prospect
Every game in weekend league results in the opponent pausing before switching to either 41212 or 4231 with every player bar the front 3 set to stay back while attacking.

Am I missing something? Or do these guys just enjoy playing like c**ts? Makes the gameplay beyond mind numbing and worst of all; convinces these people in to thinking they're actually good.

Single biggest cancer plaguing FIFA the last couple of years in my opinion.

Comments

• OZero
    7609 posts League Winner
    You still think the normal ones would play this game? Most of them are gone.
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because the AI defends for you and because dribbling isn't effective.

The mottoes of pros is - "The best way to defend is to not defend at all"
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I'm not defensive, you're defensive!
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Because its annoying to concede 6 goals per match
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2017
    The simple reason is because these people are c**ts mate. Around 80% of the wl players are the purist form of ret*rd
  • GAZAWI
    70 posts Park Captain
    Really these people are disgusting by playing the ugly boring way, and usually this kind of players have vardy and rashford as attackers in order for them to play a need for speed at every counter attack
  • madstoog
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played every wl since the start of 18 and tbh im bored of playing. it isnt fun playing the same tactics defesive ai blcoking defending xrap every game. Specially 40 games of it.

Currently 17-5 and i just cba playing anymore every person ive played pauses at the start and then goes ptb/ult defensive the whole game. Counter attacks with same pace players ugh its just so mind numbing.

Skills moves are pretty much unsed as the animations are so slow and the ai just takes the ball away if u get past someone with a move. 8 players standing in the box and u just sit there passing the ball around looking for a gap while your oppenent just jockeys with there 90 pace winger or their cdm.

Its boring and repetitive, i mite as well just play the same person with the same team with the same tactics every game because pretty much what is happening tbh.

Also dribbling is complete uselss even with the like of messi or ron, just pass pass pass through ball through ball and pray the game is on your side.

Auto ai defence is killing this game.

• Batman442
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    If you can't beat them
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    Batman442 wrote: »
    If you can't beat them

Don’t join the dark side lad, your better than that
  • madstoog
    If you can't beat them
    I do beat them, your missing the point, the games u play against this ptb crap are just plain outright boring and frustrating.

Exspecially when u know the person your playing is bad. Shouldnt struggle to beat someone becuase the ai is full on blocking all my attemps even tho im making constant space and chances in the box. Either that or their 81 rated keeper is in god mode.

The game has just been designed bad to cater for bad players. Game before the forst patch was so good to play( passing needed nerfing) and aome other things, now its just another ptb fest and let ai defend for you.
  • oleoc
    74 posts Park Captain
    Don’t blame the players. If the game is broke and that’s the way to win, f it. Why not
  • madstoog
    Tbh i do blame the you tube try hards for this crap people just follow them and thats why everyone does the same thing.

Once the metas out thats it game is destroyed everyones the same. Bah never in the world is this game an esport
  • Batman442
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    If you can't beat them

Don’t join the dark side lad, your better than that
    madstoog wrote: »
    If you can't beat them
    I do beat them, your missing the point, the games u play against this ptb **** are just plain outright boring and frustrating.

Exspecially when u know the person your playing is bad. Shouldnt struggle to beat someone becuase the ai is full on blocking all my attemps even tho im making constant space and chances in the box. Either that or their 81 rated keeper is in god mode.

The game has just been designed bad to cater for bad players. Game before the forst patch was so good to play( passing needed nerfing) and aome other things, now its just another ptb fest and let ai defend for you.

No plans on joining that side, I play 4321 with only one cm staying back, if I go down to a side playing 41212 I switch to that formation myself on ultra attack with only cbs and Cdm staying back, the wb's are on overlap and two cms on get forward. It is an enjoyable formation when chasing a game
  • DeanoZoff
    4925 posts Big Money Move
    When the game was released you could tell early on if you were superior to your opponent, and would win by a big margin which confirms the difference in skill.

Now, when this happens, you might scrape a 1-0 win and it will be hard work

Works both ways obviously but i would prefer for the person that deserves to win, to win.
  • pekkaa88 wrote: »

basically you saying You can't learn to defend so you're going to be a defensive ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • oleoc
    74 posts Park Captain
    pekkaa88 wrote: »

basically you saying You can't learn to defend so you're going to be a defensive ****

This doesn’t make sense.
  • Deano2508
    2599 posts Fans' Favourite
    Same reason everyone uses bakayoko and martial

Because they’re boring bar stewards
  • FixYourGame
    To the people saying 'if you can't beat them join them'. I think the majority of people in this thread to beat them usually. It's just utterly boring to play against.

Currently 18-3 and 90% have paused at the start. Even more annoying when their teams cost 1000x what mine cost and they've still got everyone set to stay back. Killing the game.
  • silencer747
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA Should remove Park the Bus and ULTRA Attacking. And have like 5-6 set custom tactics, no adjusting sliders our selves. The way it is now is impossible to balance
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2017

basically you saying You can't learn to defend so you're going to be a defensive ****

Well being on defensive helps me limit goals scored against me.. If I played attacking I would just get countered all the time.. Rather win 2-1 than 7-6..
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up

Well being on defensive helps me limit goals scored against me.. If I played attacking I would just get countered all the time.. Rather win 2-1 than 7-6..

Why 7-6 sounds a lot more fun
  • TheMightyBee
    4041 posts National Call-Up
    Applies to people’s attitudes in general too
  • EA Should remove Park the Bus and ULTRA Attacking. And have like 5-6 set custom tactics, no adjusting sliders our selves. The way it is now is impossible to balance

Park The Bus itself is part of football. problem is game offers so little to counter these tactics. first days of fifa 18 was so fun to play and each game felt different. now every game is like the previous one and mostly based on luck than skill.
  • Cobra738
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why should your opponents cater to your playing style. By frustrating and disrupting you they are succeeding. The aim is to win.

If an opponents style annoys you find a way to counter it. If you still can’t find any enjoyment from a competitive game mode then I’m sorry to say FIFA is not for you.
  • Alexrb89
    3825 posts National Call-Up
    Cobra738 wrote: »
    Why should your opponents cater to your playing style. By frustrating and disrupting you they are succeeding. The aim is to win.

If an opponents style annoys you find a way to counter it. If you still can’t find any enjoyment from a competitive game mode then I’m sorry to say FIFA is not for you.

Your an idiot
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Alot of people dont want to gift goals to those who are only waiting for counters ( 90% of the community it seems).
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Every game in weekend league results in the opponent pausing before switching to either 41212 or 4231 with every player bar the front 3 set to stay back while attacking.

Am I missing something? Or do these guys just enjoy playing like c**ts? Makes the gameplay beyond mind numbing and worst of all; convinces these people in to thinking they're actually good.

Single biggest cancer plaguing FIFA the last couple of years in my opinion.

Ultimate Team in general is just full of ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
  • Tonywattzeefuik
    1175 posts Professional
    Alot of people dont want to gift goals to those who are only waiting for counters ( 90% of the community it seems).

tbf you have a piont nothing more annoying than being 2-0 up dominating and ur opponent constantly looking for counters nicking 2 goals then winning 3-2 learnt my lesson there

• FixYourGame
    Cobra738 wrote: »

Waiting for that one silly c**t to reply with this. Go and play in traffic and do the world a favour.
  • richo27
    3735 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t think this is the core issue. People don’t want to get whacked by BPL sweat on the counter, that’s one reason. Secondly, PTB should not be in the game, it’s ridiculous.