Does anyone having issues getting there strikers to score?

Jimmy
2114 posts Fans' Favourite
As the title says.

I'm guessing it is my tactics? Because this always seems to be a problem from Fifa to Fifa. My wingers seem to score a lot and so do my CM's. Kane is my current striker. Rated at 90 atm. And he has 7 goals across all comps 36 games in total. Eriksen has 9 goals in 29 games. Rashford at LW has 8 in 23. Martial has 9 in 31. Kovacic at CM has 14 in 33 games. Grimaldo at LB has 13 in 37. Alli has 5 in 17.

Other career modes I have had Mbappe 92 rated, Jesus 92 rated and have had the same issue.

My strikers instructions in a 5-4-1 Stay central, balanced attack, aggressive interceptions and press back line.

Anyone have any advice or anyone have the same sort of issues.

Comments

  • Jimmy
    2114 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is in regards to simming matches.
  • sPeron1
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Happens all the time in my spurs career too. Eriksen at CAM will get 25+ goals a season while Kane as a lone ST will be lucky to get double figures! Happens every season. Only way I've found to change this is to play Kane at CAM and Eriksen as lone ST while simming games and this usually boosts Kane's goal tally. Other thing that annoys me too is when I put Kane to take penalties it is never ever him who takes them when simming games!
  • Jimmy
    2114 posts Fans' Favourite
    sPeron1 wrote: »
    Happens all the time in my spurs career too. Eriksen at CAM will get 25+ goals a season while Kane as a lone ST will be lucky to get double figures! Happens every season. Only way I've found to change this is to play Kane at CAM and Eriksen as lone ST while simming games and this usually boosts Kane's goal tally. Other thing that annoys me too is when I put Kane to take penalties it is never ever him who takes them when simming games!

    Haven't thought about trying that. I've got saves at Aston Villa, Spurs and PSG and the same thing happens with all of them. Yeah that penalties issue has been the case for a few years now. Does my head in.
  • lenny0121
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Your simming? What's the point and why care about the stats if you're not even playing the matches?
  • Jimmy
    2114 posts Fans' Favourite
    lenny0121 wrote: »
    Your simming? What's the point and why care about the stats if you're not even playing the matches?

    I can't tell if this is a serious question? If I'm simming stats are even more important. I have other saves that I play on World Class full manual but it is too easy and gets boring very fast. I like signing players, assigning players instructions and seeing if my tactics work. I won the league in the previous season but my two CAMs finished 4th and 5th top scorer and my striker wasn't even in the top 20.
  • N4p0l3onic
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Jimmy wrote: »
    lenny0121 wrote: »
    Your simming? What's the point and why care about the stats if you're not even playing the matches?

    I can't tell if this is a serious question? If I'm simming stats are even more important. I have other saves that I play on World Class full manual but it is too easy and gets boring very fast. I like signing players, assigning players instructions and seeing if my tactics work. I won the league in the previous season but my two CAMs finished 4th and 5th top scorer and my striker wasn't even in the top 20.

    Do us a favor and try to comprehend how rubbish the simming mechanic actually is

    It's almost like RNG than simulating, really

    Just play FM if you want simming.
  • sPeron1
    18 posts Ball Boy
    Don't see what the problem is here, can people not play the game differently to others? As for myself I have a save where I only sim games and this is where I noticed the problem in the op. I agree the sim mechanic is far from perfect, but having a sim only save can be a decent change from playing all the games.
  • gocdmb
    58 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I never did before this year. In past releases my ST's usually were around 20 to 25 per year. I.m at the end of a season now and Dybala has 8 goals, and my Wingers have a ton. Don't understand.
  • The whole game-play is fake. EA should stop fooling people
Sign In or Register to comment.