Already done with Fifa 18... How's PES?

dieiscast
368 posts Sunday League Hero
In 17 I started playing online. Too much stress. 18 I was focussing on SB. Pre patch it was ok. After patch I lost interest. Trading and getting a good Team is still fun, playing with the Team is just a mess. I mean: who really enjoys playing SB? I mean not because of the rewards? Is it fun when AI constantly cheats because AI is just bad and stupid? I got Elite 1 easy without playing all matches. But it was not Fun at all. The level of inconsensity is just shoking.

Watches some PES gamplay Videos player vs. AI. Looks nice so far:
- refs seems to give freekicks equally
- own players gat get towards the ball
- players are not constantly running behind defenders, they are running in positions where you can pass the ball to them
- AI seems to play clever
- speed of players seems to be according to stats for both player and AI

Does anyone have some experience?

Comments

• Tommygunn
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Why not try a PES forum?
  • dieiscast
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Why not try a PES forum?

Because I would like to know the opinion of former Fifa players...
  • Imtnt
    4885 posts Big Money Move
    I tried only the demo and it was not worthy playin..
    Maybe one day there will be a third option, but for now PES isn't getting close enough
  • Mmandras
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    Honestly, you will be disapointed and coming back to Fifa in no time.

I wouldn't touch it, not when EA has Ultimate Team. Tried it one game and immediately lost interest. And this is from an old PES player.
  • Schmucke13
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually liked it alot... what turns me off about pes18 are the awful servers
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's terrible unfortunately, has been for a few years now. I was always a pro evo guy so its disappointing to see how bad it's become. Hoping they get it right again soon as EA need a kick up the backside in the competition stakes.
  • Gabbinho04
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    I bought PES this year on release, one week later it was sold.

Stick with FIFA and see what a new patch brings.
  • Afhald
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    Pes is garbage nowadays, you will come back to fifa in anytime.
  • dieiscast
    Ok. Thanks for the replies. Thought it can't be worse ;o)
  • leon1309
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Well what you have got iz what is expected here, sadly. I Play PESe, but have sold fifa, more or less because od the same things you are talking about (SB has the same issues that bothered me in online Play). I still trade and Will probably buy it back when it is on good sale.

PES has issues, but gameplay is closer to what football is (you can Mix up gameplay styles and also can adapt team tactics to opponent) . I do not have superstar team on MyClub in PES but I like how they play in general. Players have more personality (they play different) IMO, while in fifa most of players feel about the same to me. Maybe the best indicator of the diference between the games is that my main striker is Mitroglu (and is doing the job well enough) and not Musa or Martial. The game has issues (some can be negated with assisted 1 setting or manual), but it is better football game in general IMO.
  • dieiscast
    What is the difference between FUT and MyClub? I heard this is similar. Is there also a app or something for trading?

I will try the demo for some matches...
  • leon1309
    edited October 2017
    No it does not have transfer market, but you can buy scouts. In this aspects FIFA is better IMO, but it still kind od works, because it is basicaly fut packs (in this case spins) only way.

And the fact players get better with use is also good, as is that managers and their gameplay tactics matter a lot (team Will Play different if you use manager who is using tiki taka possesion style, then the one who goes for counters, but sits back more).
  • dieiscast
    leon1309 wrote: »

And the fact players get better with use is also good, as is that managers and their gameplay tactics matter a lot (team Will Play different if you use manager who is using tiki taka possesion style, then the one who goes for counters, but sits back more).

This sounds nice... Fifa really struggles here...
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    SB and WL are all people ever moan about, just play seasons or offline
  • Quinny2808
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If you are looking at the gameplay then PES is in a complete different league, needs an update to fix a couple of issues but its a country mile ahead of fifa.
    The modes and layouts are miles ahead on fifa, and it can be slow to find a match on PES at times. Myclub is decent but you cant compare it to UT, the idea of it is good but needs many improvements. Longtime player of both, PES really has pulled ahead this year in the actual gameplay.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    Schmucke13 wrote: »
    I actually liked it alot... what turns me off about pes18 are the awful servers

Because the FIFA ones are so good....... ;-)

• leon1309
    Actually online gameplay is somewhat fixed this year, as i got laggy game once in 10 so far...so I quess they did fix something, because last year i was complete lagfest as far as online was concerned...but as stated it has good gameplay, but still quite a few things that need fixing...and as other have pointed out as far as modes go fifa is ahead (well is ahead bar one exception: online co-op is actually really fun to play and lately was the game mode i play a lot, even if I thought I would skip it all together)
  • dieiscast
    I have to admit that after patch game feels a LOT better now! Not perfect yet (still a lot of strange bs going on in SB) but definitly in the right direction. Fun could be back...