Did we get the game advertised to us pre-release?

R9_Ronaldo
1095 posts Professional
After some updates to the game, it feels like EA ditched all they advertised to us pre-release, or ditched whatever was fixed and made the game funner than last years version.

- They told us that players would feel more responsive, this is definitely not the case. Or its effect has been negated with the return of shots and passes being blocked at ridiculous speeds (even defenders who use their hand to block).

- I think I remember them saying how speed would matter in open space. For example if I tap the ball ahead and start running without the ball, a slower defender shouldn't be faster. But it seems they are.

My biggest problem with this game is that you still can't play multiple styles. Everybody seems to win the same way. I feel like it was fun before the patches, and needed minor tweeking, instead they just made it into Fifa 17 again.

Also, how can you say you want the game to be realistic as EA does when the ball is clearly always attached to a player at all times. There are hardly any true loose balls. When you pass, it's as if the destination of the ball has been predetermined based on how good a defender around you is. As if it just goes to him because he has high stats, not because he's in a good position to intercept. Or how some balls just bounce straight towards players after deflections.

Anybody else feel the same?

Comments

• tilen11
    6959 posts Big Money Move
    Pretty much why I stopped playing the game
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    You could always go back to 17 and quit complaining. This year is probably the best in a long time imo. Albeit there are issues no doubt, but far more positives than negatives imo
  • R9_Ronaldo
    1095 posts Professional
    You don't have to read the thread if you can't handle complaints bro.

This game has some nice features, and I like it more than 17, but it just feels like simple things never get fixed, even after they claim they fix them. If I'm paying money every year for an upgraded game, I'd like to see the advertised upgrades actually implemented.

And the game is so rigid and can be boring.
  • R9_Ronaldo
    1095 posts Professional
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Pretty much why I stopped playing the game

18 or before as well?
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    R9_Ronaldo wrote: »
    After some updates to the game, it feels like EA ditched all they advertised to us pre-release, or ditched whatever was fixed and made the game funner than last years version.

- They told us that players would feel more responsive, this is definitely not the case. Or its effect has been negated with the return of shots and passes being blocked at ridiculous speeds (even defenders who use their hand to block).

- I think I remember them saying how speed would matter in open space. For example if I tap the ball ahead and start running without the ball, a slower defender shouldn't be faster. But it seems they are.

My biggest problem with this game is that you stil can't play multiple styles. Everybody seems to win the same way. I feel like it was fun before the patches, and needed minor tweeking, instead they just made it into Fifa 17 again.

Also, how can you say you want the game to be realistic as EA does when the ball is clearly always attached to a player at all times. There are hardly any true loose balls. When you pass, it's as if the destination of the ball has been predetermined based on how good a defender around you is. As if it just goes to him because he has high stats, not because he's in a good position to intercept. Or how some balls just bounce straight towards players after deflections.

Anybody else feel the same?

Because as usual people who are bad and complain make EA patch the game and it ruins it, yh I agree the game is so different from the first day release
  • Knowlesdinho
    14992 posts World Class
    You could always pick up your mitre football and use your jumpers for goalposts instead.
  • coldri1
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yes mate i feel your pain pre-patch it was more fun to play but now again its all same all same story ptb 1/2 pass inside the box if you have high stats team they play for you and so on.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Well the only part where they lied/hide the truth was with the TOTW loan packs. They said gold players, but we ended with silvers boosted to gold.

The passes/interceptions are assisted so can't really complain about that. Why get worked up by something you don't control?
    Sprinting with attackers is strange, for some reasons if you push the sprint button and release, then push and release the player is actually faster/more accurate and the defenders are clueless against them. If you only hold the button the player becomes slower for some reason.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    edited October 2017
    Git gud Ali. :trollface:
    (Sorry just had to :joy: )
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    You could always pick up your mitre football and use your jumpers for goalposts instead.

To be young again.