Is fifa 18 gone already?

Janscharie
279 posts Sunday League Hero
Don't realy have the urge to play anymore.
Sb is not worth the grind, online you get the same type of play e-v-e-r-y match.

Or is it just me and should i get another game? Been playing FUT since 12.

Comments

• Adrian095
    33944 posts National Team Captain
    Yep
  • Nathlee123
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yep
  • FaFiFa
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    It is not only you.I was prepared to spend 100s euros for icons.With this gameplay, I stopped playing.The game is dead.EA killed it with their stupid patches
  • Lukaku9
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its poor. Only thing i get excitied about is trading. Currently no interest in wl. So many problems with game and then you read about ea banning folk for no reason.
  • Janscharie
    Yep waiting for the league sbc's. Only thing right now.
  • Ghazano
    434 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm looking into getting the new Assasins creed game out tomorrow instead of wasting any more money on packs.
  • realbrutal
    987 posts Professional
    I was enjoying squad battles until they started changing gameplay with these dam patches. Still didn't play today's squad battle matches. Ya i'm starting to get put off from the game
  • Buzzbuzz
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Agree 100%. At the beginning the attacking play was beautiful, every goal I was scoring seemed unique in some way. Now it just feels like I'm griding out goals for the sake of it.

I'm just going to do this week's WL so I get decent monthly prizes. If they don't put it back to how it was I'm sticking to pro clubs and move onto other games.
  • Janscharie
    In pro clubs you can still play nice attacking football
  • n2j2000
    2163 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the first FIFA where I can honestly say I am getting 0% enjoyment from it so far.
  • Robmu22
    1299 posts Professional
    Like last year, this year is just so monotonous and I've lost all urge to play.

I started playing online so i could play real players, not fight against the ai yet again for another year.

The regular, long term and hardcore fifa players are getting bored and slowly moving away from Fifa.

• Trobos_Locos
    1295 posts Professional
    FaFiFa wrote: »
    It is not only you.I was prepared to spend 100s euros for icons.With this gameplay, I stopped playing.The game is dead.EA killed it with their stupid patches

Same here.. I planned to spend around 200 US dollars to make a good profit at the begginning of the game but somehow I managed to get 2 good teams without spending a cent.

Gameplay just don't deserve the extra money! Haha

• Thamightyboro
    7070 posts Big Money Move
    Janscharie wrote: »
    Don't realy have the urge to play anymore.
    Sb is not worth the grind, online you get the same type of play e-v-e-r-y match.

Or is it just me and should i get another game? Been playing FUT since 12.

Yep its prety much done im changing team every hour thats something that usually happens in may, cba to.do.squad battles and online is as much fun as having teeth pulled same 2 formations same selection if 16 at max pl players.

Even the trading.fun has been sapped away with thise stupid black blocks.
  • MataOfFact
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    play pro clubs, that's my main mode anyway
  • Bellcheddar
    1333 posts Professional
    #playagainstbakayokoeverygame
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    yea. ive been playing offline and doing career.. but really ive been going out more a bit lately cause I dont want to play this game and there isint much else better, sometimes ill jump on the division but really just waiting for COD WW2
  • L4MP5
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Absol **** lutely! Game is just ****. Ea have completely changed it like they always do and I’m just counting down the days for COD ww2
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    now that they're trying to kill off trading, yeah this game is gone
  • Gromit
    3369 posts National Call-Up
    EA really need a massive rethink for 19. I didn't buy 18 because it was obvious it was gonna be this way.

They have to find a way to make every league in the game useable. There is very little mileage in a game where every game is EPL.

They need a mode for Bronze and Silver and they need modes that aren't just ultra competitive. The game needs to be fun to play not a chore to play.

Not sure quite how they'll get away from this EPL obsession. But something needs to be done.

I'm done with FUT while its like this and reading on here every day theres more that seem just as cheesed off with it.
  • Gazza
    5248 posts Big Money Move
    Yup can't wait for CoD.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I get that some people are bored with the game but in my opinion that is somewhat on you and not on EA. They have provided The Journey, Pro Clubs, Online Seasons, Weekend League, Squad Battles, Offline Seasons, Career Modes, etc... to keep people occupied and trying new things.

Just because the subset of features you use have apparently gotten you bored in a month is not really on them. Maybe you should branch out and try some of the other game features? Create a player for Pro Clubs - maybe start a Career mode (either Manager or Player), etc...?

If after you look at all that stuff and aren't interested - than yeah, move on. But I don't think you can pronounce FIFA 18 dead for the masses at that point - there is a small subset of players that are even on the forums and of that group an even smaller subset who like to complain and post that the game is ****. So that leaves you with quite a large population of players that are still enjoying gameplay in one mode or the other.
  • Janscharie
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    I get that some people are bored with the game but in my opinion that is somewhat on you and not on EA. They have provided The Journey, Pro Clubs, Online Seasons, Weekend League, Squad Battles, Offline Seasons, Career Modes, etc... to keep people occupied and trying new things.

Just because the subset of features you use have apparently gotten you bored in a month is not really on them. Maybe you should branch out and try some of the other game features? Create a player for Pro Clubs - maybe start a Career mode (either Manager or Player), etc...?

If after you look at all that stuff and aren't interested - than yeah, move on. But I don't think you can pronounce FIFA 18 dead for the masses at that point - there is a small subset of players that are even on the forums and of that group an even smaller subset who like to complain and post that the game is ****. So that leaves you with quite a large population of players that are still enjoying gameplay in one mode or the other.

What i meant to say is: fut is gone.
    Still enjoying pro clubs tho. And its not the lack of quantity but the lack of quality gameplay wise that is the problem
  • Robmu22
    1299 posts Professional
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »

I get your point and its great of you haven't purchased fifa before but the most popular game mode is ultimate team by a long shot.

What has upset a lot of players is the marketing EA are/have been doing to push fifa as a e-sport and get it competitive yet with each and every version and patch they are making it more friendly to the local Joe in the pub who doesn't play fifa. Alienating the long term, passionate and competitive gamers by making it so assisted and one dimensional.

Many fifa players are passionate football fans who strive to play a football simulation (also marketed by EA) not a ping pong unrealistic arcade simulation which literally holds your hand every move you choose to make.
  • Purplejacket
    2395 posts Fans' Favourite
    More crying. Then quit. All of you. Other games available for you to critique.
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah about 2 weeks ago for me just been doing a bit of otw trading got up-to 600k going to keep going till January then hopefully the games gone back to the original gameplay
  • #playagainstbakayokoeverygame

This 100%

I think this is the first time i feel that EA actually made a really poor fifa game, its super unbalanced and unrealistic.
  • truegunn3r
    8625 posts Has That Special Something
    I don’t want to play 41212(2) or 4321 so I get bullied. What a **** game.
  • C0YBIG67
    199 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeh said this in an earlier topic. I just play sb a bit now. get my games done per day then come off. Every game online is against bakalele! The **** is horrible irl too. Besides the game is utter dog**** in fut seasons
  • Catenaccio_Milan
    1072 posts Professional
    @D3ATHSQUAD clubs is bugged like hell and it takes a lifetime to even find a match
  • Gooner_bna
    58 posts Park Captain
    Even though fifa 17 had its problems, I felt it was the most complete football experience that ea had ever produced.

Can't imagine how they screwed up so much with 18. The worst fifa in over a decade.