59th Minute Never Works

BaseCamp
924 posts Semi-Pro
Is anyone else having this problem / know a fix.

I've never been able to use the compare price or flip pages in order to get the new cards to pop up.

I've tried on the web app, companion app and console every day for the last week.

I've been trying to do it to get deals on ICONs but have found I have to restart my search and change a parameter i.e. backout and up Max price by 1,000 coins in order to get the 59th minute to refresh.

On the forums though I frequently read of people who are able to click compare price and then back out of compare price to see the newly listed cards.

Comments

• Danic123
    2899 posts Fans' Favourite
    BaseCamp wrote: »

I've never been able to use the compare price or flip pages in order to get the new cards to pop up.

I've tried on the web app, companion app and console every day for the last week.

I've been trying to do it to get deals on ICONs but have found I have to restart my search and change a parameter i.e. backout and up Max price by 1,000 coins in order to get the 59th minute to refresh.

On the forums though I frequently read of people who are able to click compare price and then back out of compare price to see the newly listed cards.

What's massively annoying is cards shown as still available when they've already been sold.
  • The Humanoid Typhoon
    2941 posts National Call-Up
    Danic123 wrote: »

What's massively annoying is cards shown as still available when they've already been sold.

Sometimes they are already sold for 5-6 minutes too, lol.
  • Danic123
    2899 posts Fans' Favourite

Sometimes they are already sold for 5-6 minutes too, lol.

I know!

I've actually bought a card before & it was still showing up on the search! TBH, that's happened quite a few times. Would drive me mad if I was actually a trader.
  • BaseCamp
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    It ruins trading. Because if you can do it you are able to make massive steals and enjoy looking at a variety of players. I've used the method in other Ultimate team modes for years without an issue. FUT though I get a refresh every 5 minutes or so. Its ridiculous that some people are able to do it while others aren't.
  • Jackk102
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    I honestly think they did that on purpose, to dissuade people from constantly refreshing the market over and over which puts loads on their servers, like if a ton of people keep refreshing a webpage at the same time

Not gunna lie, it made me stop doing it a few times
  • Ulook92
    13461 posts Has That Special Something

yup!!
  • BaseCamp
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Jackk102 wrote: »
    I honestly think they did that on purpose, to dissuade people from constantly refreshing the market over and over which puts loads on their servers, like if a ton of people keep refreshing a webpage at the same time

Not gunna lie, it made me stop doing it a few times

But some people are still able to do it. So they get to enjoy massive rewards / profit while others can't. Either they have figured out a fix or EA is selectively choosing who / where is able to do it.
  • DougInskip
    6463 posts League Winner
    How are you even supposed to do it? Lol
  • DougInskip wrote: »

Doug people press compare price on their Xbox One, Web App, Companion app then B or back whatever and the new cards will pop up at 59 minutes 59 seconds.

If you can do that you get to see the huge blunders where people underlist things for 100's of thousands.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Put a minimum price in and keep moving it. It'll clear the cards that have sold.
  • DougInskip
    6463 posts League Winner
    DougInskip wrote: »

Doug people press compare price on their Xbox One, Web App, Companion app then B or back whatever and the new cards will pop up at 59 minutes 59 seconds.

If you can do that you get to see the huge blunders where people underlist things for 100's of thousands.

Ah ok mate, I'll have to check if I can do it lol
  • Put a minimum price in and keep moving it. It'll clear the cards that have sold.

Thats not effective if you want to see more than one or a couple cards. People are able to 59th minute on all Icons for example. That is way way more profitable.
  • P
    7655 posts League Winner
    Put a minimum price in and keep moving it. It'll clear the cards that have sold.

This
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only works for me in the companion app
  • Only works for me in the companion app

Do the cards instantly refresh for you on the companion app? I.e. if you search icons. @Helloitsme2
  • Dalez84
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Set the buy now to what you are looking for then set the bid really high and search. next adjust bid by smallest amount and search again and so on. should refresh the listings everytime.

If you leave all the search prices the same you will see items that have already sold.

Keep in mind, sniping is very popular and difficult to have any success.
  • Helloitsme2
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect

Do the cards instantly refresh for you on the companion app? I.e. if you search icons. @Helloitsme2

Yeah they do when I click on a card and then go back then the transfers are getting updated
  • BaseCamp wrote: »

Yeah they do when I click on a card and then go back then the transfers are getting updated

This is what I don't understand is why for example it will work for some people and not others.
  • BaseCamp wrote: »

Is there anything specifically you do? Does it work all the time. Did you redownload the app etc.