Am I being unfair?

Drizzt
468 posts An Exciting Prospect
So, when you get to the kit screen and click yes, I only give the person 10 seconds to click yes again otherwise I click cancel and wait to find a new game.

My son says I'm being unfair and that it's obvious that people want to change things, but I've said that from my years of experience of playing FIFA, people that spend too long on that screen, tend to be the ones that show the intro, wait at kickoff, show replays, show the player who scores the goal and generally anything to slow the game down.

What exactly are you doing that you cannot do before the game starts?

Am I being unfair?

Cheers.

Comments

• 10 seconds is more than enough time. And I agree that those are the people that drag a 12 minute game out into a 20 minute game.
  • 3NG
    943 posts Semi-Pro
    Nope, completely fair. I'm one of those people sometimes and it's not because I'm trying to annoy people but I might be occupied by my other monitor, phone etc
  • RadioShaq
    14900 posts Moderator
    I will say a few times when we hit go at the same time it won’t lock in sometimes. That or maybe I don’t hit the button hard enough. Also sometimes people are doing the squad management but pretty sure you can tell. If they are taking to long probably best to back out.
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    I hate timewaisters, so i would say completely fair.
  • A5B
    2975 posts National Call-Up
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

PDmIxzG.png
  • Cahir85
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    A5B wrote: »

PDmIxzG.png

:D
  • Eisenhardt
    4112 posts National Call-Up
    I get impatient sometimes and leave. But these days it's hard for me to find a stable green bar connection that I just wait for my opponent.
  • Alexrb89

PDmIxzG.png

Haha very good
  • Just_Unfair
    3938 posts National Call-Up
    Sombody talking about me ;)
  • Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    I do the same.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite

PDmIxzG.png

:D Fantastic
  • Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    But what are they changing?

im exactly the same, don't like people time wasting.

Also the kit issue is big for me

Home players - must always play in home short

If a kit clash - away team must swap

Anyone that wants to play in their away kit at home when there's no clash gets me backing out
  • Drizzt
    Peter_655 wrote: »

Anyone that wants to play in their away kit at home when there's no clash gets me backing out

Yep, bugs me too when the away team wont change kit and then has the cheek to keep on klicking ready unready expecting you to change. Backout time...

And don't get me started on those that have the same colour home and away kits!

• Alexrb89

Agreed. Sometimes I just want a quick game before work etc . And some **** has the ordasity to watch every stop in play, goal and pause 3 times. What is wrong with them, where has sportsmanship gone, when I was in school we were not even encouraged to celebrate after a goal as it was unsporting.
  • A5B
    I'm actually the opposite. Sometimes when I'm put into a lobby I'm checking my phone and don't notice right away. If my opponent is quickly flicking through their kits after 5 seconds trying to get me to notice, then I usually leave.

In my experience, those opponents tend to be the petty, win-at-all cost kinds of people.
  • Donovan86
    2674 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do it to
    You don’t know what there up to haha
    Setting up there lag switch etc haha
  • Drizzt
    I'm checking my phone and don't notice right away.

We have a winner.

You're exactly the problem m8.

You've plenty of time to check your phone before you click find opponent, plenty of time at half time (even though I prefer you to press ready and go even at half time) or check after the match.

Pressing ready quickly has nothing to do with win at all costs, it's simply that people don't like others that pi$$ about.

IMO of course :wink:

• Peter_655
    746 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm actually the opposite. Sometimes when I'm put into a lobby I'm checking my phone and don't notice right away. If my opponent is quickly flicking through their kits after 5 seconds trying to get me to notice, then I usually leave.

In my experience, those opponents tend to be the petty, win-at-all cost kinds of people.

I actually do the flicking thing, because the kit I use is almost white on the pitch, but looks like it wouldn't clash with white. So I do it to let the other person know they need to change.

Unless I'm away
  • Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move
    Yep if anyone takes too long in readying up they're usually the sort to watch all cut scenes and replays.

Try to avoid them when possible. A game of FIFA could be twelve minutes but most people drag the damn thing out to twenty!
  • A5B
    Drizzt wrote: »
    I'm checking my phone and don't notice right away.

We have a winner.

You're exactly the problem m8.

You've plenty of time to check your phone before you click find opponent, plenty of time at half time (even though I prefer you to press ready and go even at half time) or check after the match.

Pressing ready quickly has nothing to do with win at all costs, it's simply that people don't like others that pi$$ about.

IMO of course :wink:

I also have plenty of time to check my phone while the game takes 5 minutes to find an opponent. ;)

Just because I don't press ready immediately doesn't mean anything. I find it more annoying when my opponent feels like I should be in a rush to do everything. I don't watch any replays or anything, but if I take 10 seconds before I hit ready, what's it to the other person? IMO he/she needs to chill out a bit.
  • A5B

I actually do the flicking thing, because the kit I use is almost white on the pitch, but looks like it wouldn't clash with white. So I do it to let the other person know they need to change.

Unless I'm away

That's fine, I'm taking about the people that hold the analog stick so that the kits change constantly in an effort to get my attention.

Those kind of people need to relax -- then again, they're probably 10 year olds with ADHD, so I guess it's not their fault.
  • Mace_Windu
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Unless I'm away

That's fine, I'm taking about the people that hold the analog stick so that the kits change constantly in an effort to get my attention.

Those kind of people need to relax -- then again, they're probably 10 year olds with ADHD, so I guess it's not their fault.

Your last statement tells me everything about you and why I back out from people like you. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • A5B
    Mace_Windu wrote: »

Unless I'm away

Your last statement tells me everything about you and why I back out from people like you. Thanks for the confirmation.

Tell me about me.
  • Mace_Windu
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Unless I'm away

Tell me about me.

Nah, don't need to m8.

Your posts speak volumes.
  • A5B

Unless I'm away

Tell me about me.

Nah, don't need to m8.

Your posts speak volumes.

Get a grip.
  • Alexrb89

Unless I'm away

You are clearly an experienced time waister. I have never seen anybody flick through kits because I don’t wait that long. I’m there to play a game of FIFA not look at phone you absolute ****.
  • A5B
    edited October 2017
    Alexrb89 wrote:
    You are clearly an experienced time waister. I have never seen anybody flick through kits because I don’t wait that long. I’m there to play a game of FIFA not look at phone you absolute ****.
    If my opponent is quickly flicking through their kits after 5 seconds

Reading is hard.

• Alexrb89
    Alexrb89 wrote:
    If my opponent is quickly flicking through their kits after 5 seconds

Reading is hard.

Then practice
  • Alexrb89
    @A5B everyone in this thread disagrees with you, we don’t all sit round in our council house smoking weed and spending tax payers money so we have a finite amount of time to play in our daily lives...
  • A5B
    @A5B everyone in this thread disagrees with you, we don’t all sit round in our council house smoking weed and spending tax payers money so we have a finite amount of time to play in our daily lives...

You jumped to that conclusion because it may take me a couple seconds to choose a kit every now and then in a game of FIFA?

Yikes.