The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Squad battles are a joke since recent AI changes

Comments

• Byrnzie28
    1805 posts Fans' Favourite
    JGCramp wrote: »

I also like how every CPU player can make superhuman tackles but almost never gets called for a foul even when they karate chop your players.

I was hacked down from behind in the box in a game yesterday and the ref gave nothing. I should have recorded it. It was unbelievable. Sent my player tumbling off the pitch from a goal scoring opportunity. I replayed it about ten times not believing what I was seeing.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »
    JGCramp wrote: »

I also like how every CPU player can make superhuman tackles but almost never gets called for a foul even when they karate chop your players.

I was hacked down from behind in the box in a game yesterday and the ref gave nothing. I should have recorded it. It was unbelievable. Sent my player tumbling off the pitch from a goal scoring opportunity. I replayed it about ten times not believing what I was seeing.

Was it something like the way my player here gets blasted from behind:

I had one a few days ago where I was on the edge of the box and my player got hit so hard from behind he went into the air, did a flip, and landed on his head. It looked like he broke his neck. I think I might have saved the video. If so, I'll post it.
  • BerserkCo
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    they(A1)will come after you now.
    once upon as time you couldf go auto pilot once you were 2 up.now in SB they will throw everything at you,especially if the team is full chem.many games ive held on for dear life in the last 10mins
  • i88i
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I can only beat semi pro
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Byrnzie28 wrote: »

I have noticed 1 game from the 4 is always a lot harder than the others even if on same level of difficulty, have no idea why this happens but it's became common that everyone knows this happens now.

Yep, the stats mean jack sh**. I've played 73 rated teams with 50 chem at pro level and they've played like Legendary level. Then the next team will be 86 rated with 100 chem and I'll beat them 8-0.

It's basically a lottery to see which teams the AI will decide will be top level.

I'm now playing two Pro level Squad battles and two World Class, seeing as you need to play higher than pro level now to achieve anything higher than Gold 2.
    Think I'm gonna start playing Legendary as what can be the difference between World Class and Legendary anyway when WC feels almost impossible? May as well go for the big points with Legendary level instead.

I'm somehow playing better on Legendary than Professional, and usually every year I mostly play offline on Professional and take it easy. And only play on higher levels if I have to in offline seasons
    because I usually find WC and Leg a chore to play against.

But yesterday I won three SB's games on Legendary quite easily and lost an awesome game 7-6 in extra time, lol against a god squad with Pele. Just about every shot they had went in, and with the 6 goals got a nice point total. And then today I play a game on Professional and lose 2-1 to a team that was playing out of it's skin and the next I win on Legendary. I don't get it but I'm sticking with Legendary from now on.

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I also think it's better to use Legacy defending in Squad Battles. I only ever use Legacy defending in all offline play because I don't think it's fair that the CPU players can often just walk up and tackle your players while you have to deal with the force field of Tactical defending. I think Tactical defending is one of the reasons why people get so frustrated offline. It just makes it that much harder to get the ball back on higher levels and especially because the CPU makes very few mistakes. It's probably what makes people want to smash something when they play on World Class.
  • HCB
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have been elite 2 3times, some forumers here scare to post their rank telling me to gitgud and the game is perfect.

Elite 2 means 4% top, so what they were saying is that 96% players bad, the games is flawless.
  • nickmack
    495 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you only want Gold, just play Amateur/Semi-Pro, Smash them 8-0+ and get 800 or so coins.

If you play on Legendary/World Class, lose 1-0, you only get 300 or so coins. Why bother risking losing with the AI blatently cheating on higher levels?
  • shotgunpandav33
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nickmack wrote: »
    If you only want Gold, just play Amateur/Semi-Pro, Smash them 8-0+ and get 800 or so coins.

If you play on Legendary/World Class, lose 1-0, you only get 300 or so coins. Why bother risking losing with the AI blatently cheating on higher levels?

AI boost happens every level of game you just don't notice it on lower levels as you are still better by a big margin and it has small if no effect on better players in game.

First week as the game had open beta and I was not part it was pointless to try for elite, so I tried SB on each level and on Semi pro I had one game that played like Ultimate but it's like it is on any other level and random to when and if an AI team will get a massive boost.

I play some games on higher levels that are easy from start to finish.

I also play some games that start easy and turn into hell.

The odd time I get an impossible team as in don't miss a single pass win every tackle and any tackle on them results either in a foul and a rebound where the ball ends up back with them.
  • VladimirSochi
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything whatsoever, but I've brought Wycombe up from League 2 to the Premiere League in every fifa game since 12 and I've always done it on legendary. You figure the AI out on legendary after that many matches and I've finished Elite 1 each week thus far.

Online I'm decent. Finished Gold 2 last week in the WL and will probably finish the same this week, maybe Gold 1.

The point is, with time, you'll figure it out. My 4 games of SB today I finished 5-1, 4-0, 3-0, 4-2

Just keep working at it. You'll figure out how to exploit the AI with time.
  • JGCramp wrote: »

Yes @BFC CLARETTRICK , that happens to me all the time. In squad battles a perfectly positioned CPU defender is always there to steal on those bad touches, or whatever it is you want to call it.

This is what I'm also getting a lot in the final third. It appears I have Mandzukic in clean. I attempt a through ball aimed right at him but the ball instead goes straight to the CPU. I get that Spinazzola isn't a great passer and some of his balls should go astray, but I have a catalyst on him and he couldn't have an easier pass to make. Naturally, I lost this match 1-0 on a penalty. FWIW, I concede more penalties than the CPU is called for fouls.

@BiGFOOT_BiLL I'm totally with you. SB was so great that first week. I lost my share of matches but they were fun and if I played well an average player like me could beat an 83 or so rated 100 chemistry team on legendary and smash low chem teams most of the time; it allowed me to get elite 3. When I quit playing this week I was on gold 2. What's the point now that the gameplay feels so imbalanced and every team I'm getting matched up with is 83 or higher with near or at 100 chemistry? I'm not really sure what they are trying to accomplish with the changes they made with the last patch, other than maybe alienate casual gamers. They've created a total imbalance between the competitive/top players and the average casual ones who just want to relax and play for fun. Part of it, I think, is due to lazy coding. Rather than put in the effort to make a nuanced and challenging game. They just uniformly increase CPU player abilities (and then throw the terrible referee coding into the mix), resulting in a game that feels "rigged" because CPU players are at a level that doesn't match their card stats (i.e., have you seen Musa's passing or Eriksen's insane defense?). Really good players can beat it consistently. Someone like me can beat it occasionally. But regardless of whether I win or lose (and I now lose most of them) the SB mode isn't much fun to play right now.

Oh my god, this SO MUCH.
  • CFCHenri
    3497 posts National Call-Up
    I don't get how I can smash 5 star teams in Legendary 4-0. 5-0. 7-2 but when I play a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 72 rated 38 chem team on Legendary, We go to extra time and then I win 3-2.

I lower down to Professional once the team has those incredible meta pacy players for their front 3.

I stay in Elite 2, always close to Elite 1 cause I miss some of the opponent updates due to work. The difference 15K+ coins really hurts between Elite 2 and Elite 1.

Please EA, fix the AI, Tired of this ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Look how they won the ball, this was Professional Difficulty
    IdealisticAgedChamois-max-14mb.gif
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    Please EA, fix the AI, Tired of this ****. Look how they won the ball, this was Professional Difficulty
    IdealisticAgedChamois-max-14mb.gif

My goodness. That was some CPU agility.
  • BiGFOOT_BiLL
    67 posts Park Captain
    I got dispossessed from behind with a stand tackle earlier in a Pro game I lost 3-0 this morning.
    (I had over 60% possession that game just couldn't keep the ball moving out of my own half)

Played two semi-pro games since then and I won 5-0 and 6-0.

For the sake of my mood I think I'll stick with semi-pro as the higher difficulty now does my head in whereas I was enjoying competitive matches over a week ago.