Got the hang of the game but...

Mr.Spireite
1656 posts Play-Off Hero
Had to go ptb and counter attack to do it.

So dissapointing that you cant play in an attacking way ktherwise your defence goes missing.

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m fine with defending on balanced, I can still keep clean sheets (not as often as last year tbf) and still score to win
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    Ktherwise should be a new entry in the Oxford English dictionary this year, I like it :smiley:
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    PTB isn’t as common as people pretend.

They mistake good defending for PTB.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Was this on semi-pro?

Not trolling, just curious
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    DaveSaves wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Maverick
    4948 posts Big Money Move
    Glad you did because I still haven't. :D

I just feel completely helpless on defense when I'm trying to win the ball back. My defender's foot could be touching the ball, but the attacker will still keep possession.

I haven't quite figured it out yet.
  • P
    7647 posts League Winner
    I would say going PTB and counter attack was the exact opposite of getting the hang of the game.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Benn wrote: »
    You must really suck

• DoD_Jester
    26477 posts Player of the Year
    Maverick wrote: »

I just feel completely helpless on defense when I'm trying to win the ball back. My defender's foot could be touching the ball, but the attacker will still keep possession.

Rt
  • Ulook92
    13391 posts Has That Special Something
    DoD_Jester wrote: »

Rt

Im ok once i get close to them. Its getting close to them i cant do.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Benn wrote: »
    You must really suck if you think going PTB counter attack is getting the hang of the game

I supose if not being thrashed game on game due to bad ai defensive positioning then that's cool.

It's a work in progress.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Just go ptb and counter. Just see if that helps.
  • DoD_Jester
    Ulook92 wrote: »

Rt

I'm awful at all, if they ping it around I find myself just tracking the ball constantly a step behind

And if they get in tight I either get done on the dribble or by a 1-2, or I'll tackle but it's too weak to cause any bother and they continue on through

I was never the best at defending but held my own I suppose, this year I'm just falling apart it feels
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    I’m fine with defending on balanced, I can still keep clean sheets (not as often as last year tbf) and still score to win

I am experimenting. Starting on ptb and dependent on how game is panning out changing to accommodate.

• Ulook92

Rt

I was never the best at defending but held my own I suppose, this year I'm just falling apart it feels
    Same. One little pass and im totally left open!

• DoD_Jester

Rt

Well have to party up when you're on console and have a game dude, see who's worse :joy:

U played clubs yet?
  • Ulook92

Rt

Well have to party up when you're on console and have a game dude, see who's worse :joy:

U played clubs yet?

Nah not since the beta. I dont get time to play fifa anymore. Mainly a wednesday, hense why im on now. But im playing CM atm :lol:
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    To be fair, some form of d-pad defence setting is needed to stop LB+A 1-2's in behind. That's the only consistent fix I've found anyway.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    The thing i am finding is that when someone who ping pong passes against ptb they sometimes get wrapped up in it. Just doing it for the sake with little attack to it.

You can find yourself a couple of goals up on the counter quite easily now because they seem to get bogged down in doing it over and over and you hit then on the counter.

After that the have no plan b.

There's obviously some people who are going to beat you but it's interesting nonetheless.
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move

Rt

I'm awful at all, if they ping it around I find myself just tracking the ball constantly a step behind

And if they get in tight I either get done on the dribble or by a 1-2, or I'll tackle but it's too weak to cause any bother and they continue on through

Watch some of the youtube tutorials. I was at least a week in before even knowing there was a concept of powering up a tackle like you do with a shot.

Also when you're playing competent oppo with top end players, defending should be hard. Try facing Neymar irl. People seem to want everything on a plate
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    The thing i am finding is that when someone who ping pong passes against ptb they sometimes get wrapped up in it. Just doing it for the sake with little attack to it.

You can find yourself a couple of goals up on the counter quite easily now because they seem to get bogged down in doing it over and over and you hit then on the counter.

There's obviously some people who are going to beat you but it's interesting nonetheless.

What do you do in the event of your plan A not working?
  • Orison
    49427 posts FIFA Cover Star

Come on here and moan about getting smashed.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Orison wrote: »

Come on here and moan about getting smashed.

:mrgreen:

Legit question though. Points out that certain people have no plan b, so i'm wondering what his is, beyond ptb and counter.
  • DoD_Jester
    Tof33z wrote: »

Rt

Watch some of the youtube tutorials. I was at least a week in before even knowing there was a concept of powering up a tackle like you do with a shot.

Also when you're playing competent oppo with top end players, defending should be hard. Try facing Neymar irl. People seem to want everything on a plate

Never asked for anything on a plate tbf, just sharing my experience, I actually like the defending as is, just struggling with it, still won more than I lost last weekend league and have qualified for this one so I'm not the only person struggling to adapt
  • Paciga45
    3605 posts National Call-Up

So dissapointing that you cant play in an attacking way ktherwise your defence goes missing.

So you didn’t get the hang of it...
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2017

Rt

Never asked for anything on a plate tbf, just sharing my experience, I actually like the defending as is, just struggling with it, still won more than I lost last weekend league and have qualified for this one so I'm not the only person struggling to adapt

Yeah last comment wasn't really aimed at you, more about the endless threads about how defending is hard. So it should be
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Paciga45 wrote: »

So you didn’t get the hang of it...

It's a relearning process.

• Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

Rt

Yeah last comment wasn't really aimed at you, more about the endless threads about how defending is hard. So it should be

Just like the endless git gud ones in response to people who are clearly struggling.

Saw how some people were advising to go to ptb.

Just as last year using the false 9 which enabled better movement in midfield to pass.

You take advice. Give it back yet some just have to be the douches.
  • DoD_Jester

Rt

Aah fairs