Is their something fishy with the squad battles?

TommyP
1000 posts Professional
edited October 2017
I love squad building challenges but I am sensing that the difficulty varies from day to day. I'm not a great player and tend to play on professional , sometimes on world class if the team is poor and semi professional if the team is incredible. I've been absolutely totally dominated and out classed on professional and then beat a team convincingly in the next game on the same difficulty (both teams a similar star rating and chem). Have any of you out there found this? I'm generally loving the game but this is odd to say the least!

Cheers

Comments

  • Azof
    17717 posts World Class
    Think you mean squad battles
  • P
    7774 posts League Winner
    Yeah it's a random. Usually legendary is a good match for me but sometimes I smash them like 10-0.
  • TommyP
    1000 posts Professional
    Azof wrote: »
    Think you mean squad battles

    sorted
  • Absting159
    7512 posts Moderator
    @TommyP Yeah, this has me baffled. My initial hope was to take the latency and BS out of the game and just have consistent gameplay in a mode. That's all been washed in the first week of the game. This mode is just as inconsistent as playing online. AI goes from insanely genius (defending) to absolute slugs running through quicksand in the same game. . .

    Meh, I still enjoy it I just hoped for more.
  • twinsdude5
    1604 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know exactly what you mean. Some games I will smash world class 5-0, 6-0, other times I can't even get my players to complete a pass and I'll lose 2-0 while my defenders run away from the ball and my attackers can't score to save their lives
  • Scutch
    14409 posts Has That Special Something
    Because the AI can adjust your sliders in-game to make you play better/worse, and you'll know nothing about it and can't prove it...
  • TommyP
    1000 posts Professional
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @TommyP Yeah, this has me baffled. My initial hope was to take the latency and BS out of the game and just have consistent gameplay in a mode. That's all been washed in the first week of the game. This mode is just as inconsistent as playing online. AI goes from insanely genius (defending) to absolute slugs running through quicksand in the same game. . .

    Meh, I still enjoy it I just hoped for more.

    It's a big improvement in many ways but it always feel like there's something underhand in the Fifa games - something not quite right and it's intentional too.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    27634 posts Player of the Year
    Scutch wrote: »
    Because the AI can adjust your sliders in-game to make you play better/worse, and you'll know nothing about it and can't prove it...

    Slider-gate?
  • 0113MB
    915 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2017
    the squad battles as each game loads has a choice of 1/4 playstyles, which vary in possesion chances risked and pressure , compact defences etc.

    this makes the games slightly different
  • TommyP
    1000 posts Professional
    0113MB wrote: »
    the squad battles as each game loads has a choice of 1/4 playstyles, which vary in possesion chances risked and pressure , compact defences etc.

    this makes the games slightly different

    Interesting!
  • TommyP
    1000 posts Professional
    Has anyone experienced issues with the points where you achieve the next level (e.g Gold 1) but then at the menu screen after the game it hasn't added onto your score?
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    The game definitely moves those sliders offline. Anyone that denies it needs medical treatment
  • sluisbang
    685 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone suspicious that we're not playing against other user's teams? Just randomly generated teams attached to a gamer tag? I've played Messi/Ronaldo in like every other match, whereas I almost never faced them online throughout 6 iterations of FIFA
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    The game definitely moves those sliders offline. Anyone that denies it needs medical treatment

  • Thomas
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    Also notice the lower rated the team is, the harder it is to play them.

    And for me, there is not much difference between beginner and professional etc. Only thing i notice is that the ai play more dirty. Constant slide tackles etc. Yesterday the ai constantly tackled my players without my player having the ball, to stop potential throughballs
  • Grouchies
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sluisbang wrote: »
    Anyone suspicious that we're not playing against other user's teams? Just randomly generated teams attached to a gamer tag? I've played Messi/Ronaldo in like every other match, whereas I almost never faced them online throughout 6 iterations of FIFA
    No that just because they are most likely loan players.
  • iitalic
    1817 posts Play-Off Hero
    sluisbang wrote: »
    Anyone suspicious that we're not playing against other user's teams? Just randomly generated teams attached to a gamer tag? I've played Messi/Ronaldo in like every other match, whereas I almost never faced them online throughout 6 iterations of FIFA

    they are loans
  • JBC03FC
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2017
    Is it true you get the same points reward for losing on ultimate than you do winning professional?
    Just saying . . . . .
  • RandomLhama83
    10099 posts Has That Special Something
    gid gud
  • FlyingOkapis
    1201 posts Professional
    edited October 2017
    I'm sure the AI is a dirty cheat, I won the first 3 games all on World class-Legendary, 4th game comes along and my controller input has changed from classic to alternate, missed 3 clear cut chances!

    Won the game but never had this happen before and never went close to anything to change the settings.

    Does seem like when the AI fancies a goal though you pretty much cant do anything to stop it.

    I have a 2 chance thing now, if the AI gets two chances to score they will usually miss or mess up but if theyve made those 2 mistakes its guaranteed the 3rd is going in, usually ends up being a worldie too!
  • Arigiu10
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    I tend to lose when my concentration isn't on bar when playing against legendary. Today for an example, my concentration on the first game wasn't on bar until they scored 2-1, but it was to late to turn it around. The next three games I upped my concentration, and won 2-0/4-1 the next games, and absolutely smashed my opponent 5-1 in the last game, scoring 4 past them before 30 mins had passed. I think it is important to look at ourselves sometimes. It is easy to blame everything and everyone because of our losses, but sometimes it is no one but ourselves to blame.
  • Arigiu10
    770 posts Semi-Pro
    Online although is a whole nother thing :blush:
  • FlyingOkapis
    1201 posts Professional
    Arigiu10 wrote: »
    I tend to lose when my concentration isn't on bar when playing against legendary. Today for an example, my concentration on the first game wasn't on bar until they scored 2-1, but it was to late to turn it around. The next three games I upped my concentration, and won 2-0/4-1 the next games, and absolutely smashed my opponent 5-1 in the last game, scoring 4 past them before 30 mins had passed. I think it is important to look at ourselves sometimes. It is easy to blame everything and everyone because of our losses, but sometimes it is no one but ourselves to blame.

    99.9% agree however, 0.01% the AI is still a cheating f*** though lol

  • dylwms
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thomas wrote: »
    Also notice the lower rated the team is, the harder it is to play them.

    And for me, there is not much difference between beginner and professional etc. Only thing i notice is that the ai play more dirty. Constant slide tackles etc. Yesterday the ai constantly tackled my players without my player having the ball, to stop potential throughballs

    I find this to be the case on professional, but on legendary i find the lower the team easier it is to get the win
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    There are a couple things that I think are leading to the perception the difficulty changes when it isn't really that much.

    I believe that chemistry has a ton to do with the difficulty so if you play a team on low chem they are much easier than a lower rated team with 100 chem. Also the AI is changing their playstyle based on the scoring pattern so if you get up 1-0 or 2-0 they start to push forward and leave more openings as they get desperate and that leads you to your 5-0 or 6-0 scores. If the AI scores first they park the bus a little bit and if you get desperate that can turn the other way on you.

    So yeah - I think a lot of things add up to make it feel different but the big three are rating, chemistry and then lastly the flow of play (i.e. who scores the first goal and who is playing offensively vs. defensively). Getting that first goal is crucial IMO.
Sign In or Register to comment.