What is an average Fifa player ?

Mr.Spireite
1656 posts Play-Off Hero
Is it someone who plays the game casually throughout the year, never getting above say Div 3 but enjoying the game

or is it someone who.

Is always in Div 1 but never wins it.

For me a lot of people on here think it's the latter.

Comments

• CURCC-FTW
    764 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2017
    I dont think seasons are an indicator of level anymore .

Average fifa player = Gold 1
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    I'd say i'm an average FIFA player who will float around D3 in the year. I don't whine about the game, I don't rage quit and I never take it seriously.

Also, I don't dab like a lot of hardcore kids seem to do ;)
  • cavaca
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CURCC-FTW wrote: »
    I dont think seasons are an indicato of level anymore .

gold 1 on WL? how many wins is that?
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    The average fifa player constantly complains on these forums :tongue:

Jokes aside, i think about Gold 1 is the average yeah, atleast that's where it looks like the most people finish.
  • CURCC-FTW
    764 posts An Exciting Prospect
    cavaca wrote: »

25 wins
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero

That's a 4 - 1 record, again, not average in my eyes. That would be someone who qualifies for the WL every week.
  • 3NG
    945 posts Semi-Pro
    Well if playstation trophies are anything to go by, a very, very, very, very high percentage of players can never win an online draft (3.1% of players so far this year and 4.3% of all players last year) so It depends on what your view of an average player is. IMO an average player should be at least division 3, should qualify for the weekend league more times than not and at least get to the final of a draft
  • TriggerMike

That's a 4 - 1 record, again, not average in my eyes. That would be someone who qualifies for the WL every week.

Average players will settle for Squad Battles this year imo. WL is way too competitive and is 'win at all costs'. Get's boring quickly for me.
  • TheMightyBee
    2194 posts Fans' Favourite
    They aren't even on this forum
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would say I am average, never been higher than div 3.

Only qualified for WL a handful of times.

Never won Draft.

• xGeorgeSmithx
    5696 posts Big Money Move
    Average people are people with level wins and losses or roughly the same
  • TriggerMike
    I would say I am average, never been higher than div 3.

Only qualified for WL a handful of times.

Never won Draft.

Sounds similar to me.

I've attempted the WL around 5 times, qualified once, never again.

Never won a draft either online or offline :D
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I think the forums comprise a very small percentage of the overall FIFA community and skews towards better players - because better players typically are searching for more information and/or wanting to chat more about the game.

I'd say if you are in Division 3 you are still above average. The reality is that if you aren't a skiller, elite or think legendary is too easy a large number of people on these forums will act like you should just sell your game and do something else because you are a horrible player (which is not the case).

I'd say anyone above Division 5 is an average or better player.
  • CtldChaos
    2109 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you go by the squad battle numbers as an indicator.... I think Gold 1 would be like top 15% of players. Average would be something like silver 1 which out be 14-18 wins in a WL or roughly 1 win for every 1.5 losses. But keep in mind that you need to qualify for the WL, which is 4 straight wins. That narrows the pool considerably and gives a skew on "average".
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    I think the forums comprise a very small percentage of the overall FIFA community and skews towards better players - because better players typically are searching for more information and/or wanting to chat more about the game.

I'd say if you are in Division 3 you are still above average. The reality is that if you aren't a skiller, elite or think legendary is too easy a large number of people on these forums will act like you should just sell your game and do something else because you are a horrible player (which is not the case).

I'd say anyone above Division 5 is an average or better player.

You're probably right.

I play a lot of NHL and the forum is full of people in Div1.

At the moment there is a few hundred in that division as you can see from the game. So like you say it's skewed towards top players, just like this forum.
  • 3NG
    945 posts Semi-Pro

Gold 1 is 25 wins, so 25 wins 15 losses = 5 - 3 record (simplified down)
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    CtldChaos wrote: »
    If you go by the squad battle numbers as an indicator.... I think Gold 1 would be like top 15% of players. Average would be something like silver 1 which out be 14-18 wins in a WL or roughly 1 win for every 1.5 losses. But keep in mind that you need to qualify for the WL, which is 4 straight wins. That narrows the pool considerably and gives a skew on "average".

4 straight wins in FIFA is a BIG ask for the majority.