The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Metacritic user reviews

GT79
14 posts Ball Boy
Fifa 18 despite getting great (mostly) reviews is getting the usual metacritic user review treatment - currently at 4.2 or something out of 10. Looking at the reviews you either have realistic scores like 8 or 9 but then a whole load of 1's and 0's.

Most of the poor reviews mention PES and so it is pretty obvious these are getting sabotaged by PES fans desperate to make fifa look bad so they get some people to consider moving over.

Fifa fans clearly don't reciprocate en masse with lame reviews on PES and so it has a relatively high score from all the PES fans going crazy.

I suppose the user scores shouldn't be taken as seriously as the critical reviews

Comments

• Shaanxz
    20960 posts Club Captain
    GT79 wrote: »
    Fifa 18 despite getting great (mostly) reviews is getting the usual metacritic user review treatment - currently at 4.2 or something out of 10. Looking at the reviews you either have realistic scores like 8 or 9 but then a whole load of 1's and 0's.

Most of the poor reviews mention PES and so it is pretty obvious these are getting sabotaged by PES fans desperate to make fifa look bad so they get some people to consider moving over.

Fifa fans clearly don't reciprocate en masse with lame reviews on PES and so it has a relatively high score from all the PES fans going crazy.

I suppose the user scores shouldn't be taken as seriously as the critical reviews

Agree it’s all pes fans slating the game just purely being a pes fan boy etc. FIFA scored higher than pes from critic reviews. Pes currently has a lot more issues than FIFA especially with master league. Look at nba 2k user reviews. It’s awful.
  • fmobrj94
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2017
    GT79 wrote: »

WRONG!

I gave 0 to Fifa 16 and Fifa 17 in metacritic and I have never played PES. I used to love Fifa and play it since the first one. Over the last years Fifa quality has been degrading continuously to balance the game for least skilled players. You can see that Fifa 13 and 14 had decent reviews. The issue is that the game is getting worse. If you think the other way, rate it better and let's see what the average player thinks. This year I won't give any review because I will not buy 18. I am sure that EA will continue with this BS policy given what we had the last 3/4 years. And the metacritcs score seems to confirm i am doing the right thing this year. One year without soccer for me, cause i think PES is no better. Boring years for videogame soccer hardcore fans.
    Post edited by fmobrj94 on
  • Designer
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Some could be be genuine FIFA fans who are just pointing out the blatant fact it's FIFA 17.1 and not 18. It just feels too the same old and they're selling it at prices higher than most newer games. They could have at least added a whole bunch of new animations to make it feel fresh and tweaked graphics a bit - not just playing with lighting that looks fake in reality, I mean look at Bombonera lighting on the demo - like Instagram filters. You don't see matches looking like that IRL.

Last year the pitch was about The Journey and Frostbite, this year it's nothing, just the continuation of Alex Hunter's story and playing with filters. I thought The Journey would be interesting but it ended feeling like a chore. I had to try hard to finish it. I feel like 18 is just by the way and 19 might be the real deal.
  • Shaanxz
    20960 posts Club Captain
    Designer wrote: »
    Some could be be genuine FIFA fans who are just pointing out the blatant fact it's FIFA 17.1 and not 18. It just feels too the same old and they're selling it at prices higher than most newer games. They could have at least added a whole bunch of new animations to make it feel fresh and tweaked graphics a bit - not just playing with lighting that looks fake in reality, I mean look at Bombonera lighting on the demo - like Instagram filters. You don't see matches looking like that IRL.

Last year the pitch was about The Journey and Frostbite, this year it's nothing, just the continuation of Alex Hunter's story and playing with filters. I thought The Journey would be interesting but it ended feeling like a chore. I had to try hard to finish it. I feel like 18 is just by the way and 19 might be the real deal.

La Bombonera lighting is better in full game

Also why does NBA 2k have even worst ratings than fifa
  • Designer
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because apparently 2K are the latest money hungry grabbers on the block. Forcing players to level up with real world cash. You can only stay hero for so long, one day the masses we'll turn on you on the least blunder.

• Im not a PES fan. Would still rate fifa 18 low because of 1 gamebreaking bug that i started having in Career player mode (wich is the only one im playing), in fifa 17 and now aswell in 18. Multible post was written back then from people on diffrent platforms and was met with silence and no fix. But to see this crap still in the game in fifa 18 is not acceptable at full price. I will say thou, that im getting too old to join that toxic gamer community that just complain because they can, but must also admit its tempting because of the utter fustration ive had with Frostbite games in general (Fifa17 and MEA). I must admit im starting to have this expectation with anything involving these games that they look pretty but are full of bugs. Not bugs like crashes or anything like that but more like it gets confused and weired crap happens. Im not gonna pretend to know what happens behind the curtains but hope to see better quality games at some point from EA in the near future. For now im just gonna shake my head and try and refund the game. Then check back in a few months to see if this bug has been fixed. Not gonna write a review on meta based on 2 hours and only based on career mode. + maybe we are only a select few with this bug. I just know it sucks to be looking forward to this game just to find out its still buggy. What a massive bummer... have a nice evening. *Rant stop*
  • Sore loser, just get good. You're only upset because you're bad at the game.
  • Marsstorm
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2017
    See other reply.
  • Marsstorm
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2017
    First of all ea spends 7/9 of its budget on marketing. What does that mean? That lot of those gaming magazines have taken a large amount of money to do a hype of marketing in guise of review and even have editors go through revolving doors in between gaming companies as ea.

Here is proof:
    http://www.deepfreeze.it/

Secondly yes metacritic is basically saying what is happening in reality, after marketing hype fades. If you saying that they are only PES players your delusional, the forums in this section here is full with complains of FIFA users who have expressed disappointment and frustration and yet you assuming that they all agree with you and that comments are from PES fans . In fact if you read and go to reedit or steam or PES forums so many which have been disappointed with FIFA are switching to PES. I'm one that dropped FIFA in 2016 and switched to PES and football manager. So yes keep on sleeping.