The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Comments

• hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Pulled Hamsik and Koke in one pack. Next pack I got IF Frecklington. Not a bad little run.

These were from the league hybrid SBCs.
  • RayS
    27098 posts Player of the Year
    Fantasy Flash!

Top Scores
    The high score goes to Escargot Sprinteurs this week with a dazzling 142 points (that's only 32 points off of the top score over ALL)! Captain Bradley raked in 34 points, with Asad, Pirez, and Jackson-Hamel also scoring 28, 21, and 18 points respectively.

Other top scores:
    2. Holyhead Hotspur (120 points)
    3. Dax Gon Give It 2 Ya (117 points)
    4. BreadFlyers (106 points)
    5. The Cashley Coles (103 points)

The Movers
    Despite having literally the same number of overall points (2450 points) the system has put Dax Gon Give It 2 Ya over Bread Flyers into 3rd. Not sure how i feel about that :DThe Cashley Coles (103 points) jumped Syracuse Orange into 11th while Prettymen FC (68 points) passed DSG into 15th.

Next Round
    Uhhh basically everybody playing twice this week so set your lineups early and wisely! Deadline this week is Wednesday at 7pm EDT.
  • RCTID
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Isn't the run Valeri is on the very definition of In Form? Goals in 10 straight games, including the brace last night. I know this isn't enough for EA to give him an TOTW card, but I'd love to have an In From Valeri from the start of the game.
  • RayS
    RCTID wrote: »
    Isn't the run Valeri is on the very definition of In Form? Goals in 10 straight games, including the brace last night. I know this isn't enough for EA to give him an TOTW card, but I'd love to have an In From Valeri from the start of the game.

a purple record breaker card would be pretty dope
  • Damn I didn't realize it was 10 straight. That's crazy
  • SuperSonicSean
    6073 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Valeri leads MLS with 20 goals now. First midfielder to hit that mark. Dude is having an unreal season.

Also, I made my starter squad and I'm quite proud lol. For someone who doesn't have early access and doesn't buy FP, making coins can be pretty tough, but I've managed to build this squad. Ive almost got enough players for an Italian fitness squad too, though I'll need to get Giovinco to make proper use of that.
    Screenshot_20170926_002441.png
  • zzachzx
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    New Fifa, same ****. Up 4-0 within 25 minutes and I just get kicked to the main menu for no **** reason
  • IF Josef is pretty fun to play with. The dude jumps like Tim Cahill and is super fast
  • Chubbs
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    Know he will be pretty useless considering Piattis card but Asad is in a lit of the predictions. Wouldnt be the worst inform ever, if nothing else a 9.5k BIN for a special isnt the worst.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Anybody have a link to a comprehensive "what's new" rundown? Tried google and Reddit, not finding it. Looking on EA it's a lot of fluff and light on actual improvements. So far all I've picked up on is:

- All informs are now gold(?)
    - Pause finally fixed
    - Squad battles and objectives
    - Icon changes
    - No more guest players online

Anything else big I should be tracking when this drops? Won't be able to play until the 29th unfortunately.
  • RayS
    Valeri leads MLS with 20 goals now. First midfielder to hit that mark. Dude is having an unreal season.

Also, I made my starter squad and I'm quite proud lol. For someone who doesn't have early access and doesn't buy FP, making coins can be pretty tough, but I've managed to build this squad. Ive almost got enough players for an Italian fitness squad too, though I'll need to get Giovinco to make proper use of that.
    Screenshot_20170926_002441.png

That is quite good considering no FP. (I also stubbornly refuse to buy FP). I'd be curious how all your MLS players do for u. Esp Dzemaili and Bradley and Piatti and Jones.

How much is Gio going for? Wont have the game myself till Oct 2 and can't access he transfer market till then, if i undersrand correctly.
  • RayS
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Anybody have a link to a comprehensive "what's new" rundown? Tried google and Reddit, not finding it. Looking on EA it's a lot of fluff and light on actual improvements. So far all I've picked up on is:

- Pause finally fixed
    - Icon changes

Anything else big I should be tracking when this drops? Won't be able to play until the 29th unfortunately.

Oct 2 for me bc Amazon Prime is being stupid (ordered the disc version bc i like to sell back old versions back to minimize the money I'm losing to EA)

There are silver in forms. It seems that EA have just upgraded any bronze players who get IF to silver, and anu silver to gold.
  • Chubbs
    heavymcd wrote: »

- Pause finally fixed
    - Icon changes

@heavymcd The pause thing is really nice. Also changed subs a bit, can now preset subs before the game for three people. Actually sub them in game kind of like NBA. They also did a small update to Pro Clubs, Skill trees and new tiny features in the lineup selection like who takes free kicks, corners, penalties, etc.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    The pause thing is hilarious, I guarantee you can find posts on the forum going back ten years suggesting that exact change. But good on them for finally venturing into that thicket of code to fix it.

Since bronze/silver tournaments are dead, I say the inform thing is great...will help with rarity on lower-rated IFs. No more 100K Opara informs.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    @heavymcd
    You can still play with guests online, I've done it in Online Single Matches (but unfortunately I think that's the only game mode now that lets you).

I still laugh at comments like "I'm glad guest mode is gone, playing 2v1 is unfair", like they've never tried playing with a guest before and seeing how much sloppier everything is.
  • RayS
    @heavymcd
    You can still play with guests online, I've done it in Online Single Matches (but unfortunately I think that's the only game mode now that lets you).

I still laugh at comments like "I'm glad guest mode is gone, playing 2v1 is unfair", like they've never tried playing with a guest before and seeing how much sloppier everything is.

2v1 = huge gaps in the team of 2 defense
  • HBK1925
    1905 posts Fans' Favourite
    Made a squad of 3412. I kind a feel like fullbacks are lacking in MLS so I wanted 3atb. How do people feel a bout that? I'm currently using
    Howard
    Spector, Besler and Pirez
    Bradley and Alonso
    Nagbe and Villalba
    Kaka (sub Almirom)
    Dwyer and Larin

Haven't played online yet as I went straight for tasks and squad battles.
  • Chubbs
    @HBK1925 Ive messed around with the 3atb a little bit and havent enjoyed it. Almost felt too clogged up top. Was solid in defense though. The wide mids actually make it a 5atb on defense. Its amazing how much more realistic the 5atb and 3atb look in game this year, to me at least.
  • Chubbs
    8920d61e8a495dfa60d8762ed0f4b51f.png

Gone for the un-original fitness team. Too good to pass up considering the prices and the untradeable Oblak.
  • hockeyphenom87
    Chubbs wrote: »

Gone for the un-original fitness team. Too good to pass up considering the prices and the untradeable Oblak.

Nice slow side you got
  • Chubbs

Nice slow side you got

TBF it is on the slower side. Only people over 80 pace are Martins, Doumbia, and Juanfran. Doumbia bout to catch the axe for Jonas though, not enjoying him at all. Need a striker that can pick out the top corner outside of the box to keep the defenders honest.
  • SuperSonicSean
    6073 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    Bad news for everyone here who was hoping to get a LA Galaxy Alex Hunter card: you can only get Hunter for Bayern, PSG, or Atletico. There's another permanent card you get as well, but he's tied to the EPL team you pick at the beginning. So disappointing.
  • Ryno
    6428 posts Big Money Move

Nice slow side you got

TBF it is on the slower side. Only people over 80 pace are Martins, Doumbia, and Juanfran. Doumbia bout to catch the axe for Jonas though, not enjoying him at all. Need a striker that can pick out the top corner outside of the box to keep the defenders honest.

Jonas is a monster. Love my Liga NOS side
  • Frankenberry
    My USA-ish team so far:

518fea80_a55f_4e4a_a520_8797b98da750.png

Pretty fun to use. Lee Nguyen is fantastic this year as an attacking midfielder.

Also loved this #Fraudhaber sub suggestion from EA:
    8f557ae8_1744_4a28_af54_ccc95b52ec13.png
    Confirmed Fraudhaber > Hagi
  • hockeyphenom87

Nice slow side you got

You're right. I went off previous years and assumed incorrectly.

My USA-ish team so far:

518fea80_a55f_4e4a_a520_8797b98da750.png

Pretty fun to use. Lee Nguyen is fantastic this year as an attacking midfielder.

Also loved this #Fraudhaber sub suggestion from EA:
    8f557ae8_1744_4a28_af54_ccc95b52ec13.png
    Confirmed Fraudhaber > Hagi

Don't even see Pulisic on the bench or in the reserves...
  • Frankenberry
    Don't even see Pulisic on the bench or in the reserves...

Not paying 3k for a teenager, I'll wait.
  • A5B
    3019 posts National Call-Up
    Lee Nguyen is unreal this year
  • RayS
    MLS IF HYPE
  • RayS
    Asad and Mullins in! Too bad neither of those will be especially useful when there are probably better NIFs like Altidore and Piatti
  • Ryno
    6428 posts Big Money Move
    Didn't think we would get Asad this week! Great stuff.

Also that Mullins card is still atrocious :lol: