The American Soccer Lounge (National Team & MLS)

Chance
1769 posts Play-Off Hero
edited March 2018
Welcome to the FIFA 18 iteration of the American Soccer Lounge (yeah, we call it soccer...)

This lounge can be used to discussion anything that relates to MLS, the US National Team or Yanks Abroad. Don't feel the need to limit yourself to talking FUT either, real life action is fair game as well!

jUupTuO.gif

4* Skillers

Clint Dempsey (Seattle)
Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)
Lee Nguyen (New England)
Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)
Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy)
Mike Grella (NY Red Bulls)
Juan Agudelo (New England)
Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United)
Gboly Ariyibi (MK Dons)
Jose Villarreal (LA Galaxy)
Josh Gatt (Colorado Rapids)
Daniel Johnson (Chicago)
Devann Yao (SV Meppen)
Marcus Epps (Philadelphia)

5* Weak Foot

Robbie Rogers (LA Galaxy)
Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas)
Gboly Ariyibi (MK Dons)
Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy)
Royal Dominique-Fennell (Hallescher FC)
Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• RayS
    25578 posts Player of the Year
    1 post winner!!!!!!
  • reddrum26
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Damn it
  • Chubbs
    14373 posts Has That Special Something
    Quick reviews for those wondering.

Martinez for 10k if worth it imo. Pace literally destroys defenders, especially ones that havent learned how to play yet. Shooting is 10x better than last year imo, although GK are morons so that might help.

Piatti has been ok. Good enough for a starter team.

Dzemali had been the standout on my team. Scoring goals and getting assists. Has been finishing chances well and been above average in the midfield.

Almiron is fast.

Pulisic has been underwhelming.

Only played 8 games so obviously dont have it all figured out but wide formations have been working way better for me that the narrow. Game is slower in a way and narrow formations cant cope with a spread out attack.
  • Antparry92
    17673 posts World Class
    I can't buy any players just yet :(
    But had Blanco in my starter side so I'll be using him straight away
  • RayS
    Curse you Amazon!!! Still don't have disc version of FIFA 18 on preorder!!
  • Antparry92
    17673 posts World Class
    In other news.....MLS silvers are stunning this year! So many options out wide and through the middle. Gashi, Hyka, Gerso, Accam, Meram, Lamah and Villalba. Then the central players like Dax, Sacha, Jones, Medunjanin,Molino, Laba

I like that they're all high end silvers, 73-74 and not just floating around the 70 mark pointlessly
  • zzachzx
    4521 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2017
    I can second that underwhelming Pulisic comment. Aside from pace and dribbling, he doesn't really make an impact for me
  • Ryno
    6147 posts Big Money Move
    Ugh i want to play early access right now but have too much work to do...
  • Ryno
    My lounge is above your guys' in the lounge sticky, get wrecked
  • Chubbs
    #6pmEst
  • SuperSonicSean
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2017
    I wish PS4 had early access. :/
    Granted I don't think early access applies to the disc version. That's the only version I buy for yearly franchises like FIFA and COD since people rarely go back to past titles. Figure I might as well sell the old ones for like $5.
  • RayS
    So seriously no American (or Asian!) icons?
  • SuperSonicSean
    5971 posts Big Money Move
    RayS wrote: »
    So seriously no American (or Asian!) icons?

Disappointing. I hope they announce more throughout the year. Idk if that's possible or they'll do that, but one can hope.
  • hockeyphenom87
    7050 posts Big Money Move
    Sweet op Chance, one of the dedicated Americans on here :lol:
  • RayS
    edited September 2017
    @Chance u forgot to include the non-US MLSers for skills and WF!
  • RayS
    Ahhhh being in jail stinks. I'm blocked from making posts less than 150 seconds apart
  • RayS wrote: »
    @Chance u forgot to include the non-US MLSers for skills and WF!

No such thing a non-US MLSers in these parts!
  • lol jk can't wait to play with Josef's IF
  • HBK1925
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    1st page.
    Also, will you find room in your wallet for Josef's IF? The seasons is winding down so you won't see an MLSer until Team of the Weak starts next summer. Although the WC happens next year.
  • RayS
    HBK1925 wrote: »
    1st page.
    Also, will you find room in your wallet for Josef's IF? The seasons is winding down so you won't see an MLSer until Team of the Weak starts next summer. Although the WC happens next year.

Still time for some playoff IFs!! I believe Tim Howard got his IF last year during playoffs
  • Chubbs
    Josef is 100% worth. He is single handily winning me games. Great card to pick up after you have got your teams sorted because you cant lose on him at his current price.

Finally got my main team and fitness team (on bench) sorted

e58dbb66998fe2eac528dfcb2d6d3ade.png
  • HBK1925
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh yeah, the penalty shootout denying the Galaxy featuring an out of retirement Donovan.
  • hockeyphenom87
    If I sold/discarded everything I have I'm probably around 150k right now. Not too bad considering I haven't touched the SBCs yet.
  • Ryno
    You guys been tearing up packs? @Chubbs @hockeyphenom87
  • Chubbs
    Ryno wrote: »

Yeah, worst pack luck for me out of any FIFA. 260$ and best has been Willian. Not even any good 84 unders like martial, dembele, rashford, etc
  • Ryno
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Ryno wrote: »

Yeah, worst pack luck for me out of any FIFA. 260$ and best has been Willian. Not even any good 84 unders like martial, dembele, rashford, etc

Yikes that's not good at all. I'm not sure if I want to drop the money just yet, but also know now is as good as ever
  • hockeyphenom87
    Opened 4.6k worth. Got IF Mustafi, Willian, Gueye, Son, Joao Mario, and a few others worth 2-3k.

I'm pretty happy with that but I've been trading. I hate the early grind of having pretty much nothing so I burned 35 bucks to give me a boost. Not spending anymore money that's for sure. More than half my packs had non rares. It felt like I was going into every pack losing outside the above pulls. I'd say I did pretty good but I'm quitting while I'm ahead lol.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Ql7JxbN.gif
  • Ql7JxbN.gif

Should go on the OP
  • Sh4h_-_7
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Surprised no one has mentioned j.jones. hes a brilliant play for la. Brilliant to use in fifa18